Calling all Watermelon's

Imsotired - hang in there! Drs are wrong all the time... My friend had her baby a day after the Drs told her it would be atleast another week

Babyforme - goodluck!

So no name yet but she was born 12/7 at 2:31 pm. Dr told me earlier this week that she was measuring small (37 weeks when she was 39+) and will prob be around 6 lbs but she ended up being 8lbs 4oz, 21.25 inches... We were shocked to see how big she is. Had between a 1st and 2nd degree tear so feeling the ouch! She's having trouble with breastfeeding as well but we're making progress. Will post pics soon!

Yay Sigh! Congrats! A healthy size like my boy. :) I had a second degree tear and this stuff sucks! It still hurts almost a week later and last night I ripped my stitches open getting into the car so now it's excruciating. Hope you heal faster than I.

Here's some pics of our lo. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.787177742986.2069970.65502381&type=1&l=3298e1cb47

Congrats Sigh!! I'm so very happy for us all!

That was it for me! I'm team pink! Had my little girl at 11:47am on Saturday! She's absolutely gorgeous and weighs 8lb 2oz. I'm totally in love and in awe! It still doesn't seem quite real! I'll try and post my birth story when I can but right now I'm still waiting to be discharged.
Fxd crossed for you ImSoTired! My partner thinks it all started because we dtd and I'm pretty sure he's right! Keep us posted! Xxxx

Congratulations ladies!!!!!!!! So pleased for you!

Is there only me and I'mso that have yet to pop????? I'm sooooo frustrated :-(

Congratulations ladies!!!!!!!! So pleased for you!

Is there only me and I'mso that have yet to pop????? I'm sooooo frustrated :-(

I'm slightly behind you but I'm still waiting too!! Fingers crossed for us that it happens in the next couple if days....

Congrats ladies. Im still here stalking, just haven't had much time to post lately.

Fingers crossed that your little ones make an appearance soon!

fxed for you ladies waiting.

We named her Eliana Diya (pronounced dee-ya). Here are some pics!

Having some challenges with feeding and her losing weight... really frustrating but hopefully she gains some in the next few days!

Attachments

• atur-008-1.jpg
    atur-008-1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 2
  • atur-014-1.jpg
    atur-014-1.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 2
  • atur-007-1.jpg
    atur-007-1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 2
  • atur-001-1.jpg
    atur-001-1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 2
Oh my gosh Sigh she is soooooo beautiful! Hope you get the hang of breastfeeding. I'm still struggling as well. I was sobbing last night trying to feed him for over an hour. Good luck. :)

Oh sigh!!! She is totally gorgeous!!!!! Seriously!!

I went for 3rd sweep today and midwife wouldn't do it as his head was not engaged!! It was last week but was -3 today. Did anyone go into labour without baby being engaged?

Congrats Sigh!

Toothfairy my lo wasn't engage when my waters broke. Never really dropped that much in labor either

I feel so overwhelmed today :( OH is a courier driver and was supposed to be put on a short evening run so that he was only gone for a few hours at a time this week but today he had a phone call asking where he had got to as he was supposed to be at work this morning. We were just on our way back from the mw so he basically went home, got changed and went to work leaving me home alone all day with a 25month old and a 9day old unexpectedly :(
Obviously i knew it was going to happen soon but i feel it was dumped on me and i'm not ready to be home 6 days a week on my own with 2 of them especially when OH has only had a week off work. I'm exhausted now from crying all day and neither of my boys will go to sleep.

Oh cookie :hugs: I know the feeling, OH went back to work when Kaiden was 5days old and much of my first days at home with both boys were spent in tears on the phone to OH. All I can say is you soon get used to it, Kaiden is now 12days old and I enjoy our days just the three of us :) hope your boys have settled and your managing to get some rest x

Im still struggling with feeding to. Sometimes its so easy and others (especially at night) she just cries and wont eat. I sat in my glider and cried for over an hour. Im so hormonal right now, i cry at anything. Today it was because i realized that marianne is 5 days old already. Ill try to post the birth story and pictures tomorrow as i still havent had any time to get on the computer.
Cookie- i know how you feel. My husband was supposed to go back to work tomorrow, but while i was in tears last night i told him i didnt want him to. Im upset that he will be missing so much. My sister is here but she is only so much help. My husband officially became a firefighter today and got callled out about the time i was going take a bath and a nap... so no nap for mommy again.

Im still struggling with feeding to. Sometimes its so easy and others (especially at night) she just cries and wont eat. I sat in my glider and cried for over an hour. Im so hormonal right now, i cry at anything. Today it was because i realized that marianne is 5 days old already. Ill try to post the birth story and pictures tomorrow as i still havent had any time to get on the computer.
Cookie- i know how you feel. My husband was supposed to go back to work tomorrow, but while i was in tears last night i told him i didnt want him to. Im upset that he will be missing so much. My sister is here but she is only so much help. My husband officially became a firefighter today and got callled out about the time i was going take a bath and a nap... so no nap for mommy again.

I feel the same exact way! I'm crying all the time, wondering if I'll ever feel normal again. I dread night time as lo has more trouble eating at night and he can't latch on my left breast for some reason so it's all engorged despite me trying to pump it off a little. At times I think we really have the hang of breastfeeding and last night it was like he forgot how to eat. I tried to bf him for almost two hours and gave up. I was sobbing and had dh give him a bottle of ebm and he only ate about an ounce of it but it had been almost five hours since his last feed by then. My dh went back to work the next day after we got home from the hospital. It sucks! I can't wait for this newborn phase to be over. I just don't feel like myself most days. :wacko:

I feel the same exact way! I'm crying all the time, wondering if I'll ever feel normal again. I dread night time as lo has more trouble eating at night and he can't latch on my left breast for some reason so it's all engorged despite me trying to pump it off a little. At times I think we really have the hang of breastfeeding and last night it was like he forgot how to eat. I tried to bf him for almost two hours and gave up. I was sobbing and had dh give him a bottle of ebm and he only ate about an ounce of it but it had been almost five hours since his last feed by then. My dh went back to work the next day after we got home from the hospital. It sucks! I can't wait for this newborn phase to be over. I just don't feel like myself most days. :wacko:

This is happening to me as well. She won't latch to the right breast or she'll try to latch and shake her head and get frustrated... or she'll latch for a few seconds and then scream her head off. I'm wondering if the right side is clogged or something. I pumped for the first time today and it barely came out of that side, despite the fact that I'm engorged. We have to go to the dr again tomorrow because she has lost too much weight and the dr wanted me to supplement her with formula, which I really didn't want to do. I keep crying because I feel like I'm failing her...:cry:

i tried talking to OH last night about his work and how i'm not ready to be left so long with both kids and he just said i was being nasty and stormed off. How is saying i need more time being nasty?
It was an awful day yesterday and both boys wouldn't sleep until gone 2 and then kept disturbing all night-how is that good for any of us? And both boys want mummy when they wake up-DS1 screams if OH goes to him in the night.

The baby kept wanting to feedall night and making himself sick-is that normal? He also has a doctors appointment this morning as his left eye has been sore and sticky.

i tried talking to OH last night about his work and how i'm not ready to be left so long with both kids and he just said i was being nasty and stormed off. How is saying i need more time being nasty?
It was an awful day yesterday and both boys wouldn't sleep until gone 2 and then kept disturbing all night-how is that good for any of us? And both boys want mummy when they wake up-DS1 screams if OH goes to him in the night.

The baby kept wanting to feedall night and making himself sick-is that normal? He also has a doctors appointment this morning as his left eye has been sore and sticky.

Aww cookie that was messed up of him :( He is probably just taking his stress out on you.

My cousin had the same problem and found out her son had acid reflux the first few months.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Seems as if we are struggling a little but don't feel alone. We will all get through it. My DH only had 1 day off from work when baby was born. I was still in hospital. My first day home by myself was a mess and I hadn't even managed to shower when DH got home that evening. I'm having to express milk because lo will not latch any more but that's ok as long as he is getting my milk. It's still hard, especially as a ftm (not to mention c sec recovery) but I am hopeful that things will get better each day.

Hang in there ladies. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->