Calling any October OWLS!!!

Im glad you are starting to get bellys as I've got one too. In the morning it's doesn't seem noticiable and then seems to bloat up, I'm struggling to fit in my clothes, bought some maternity wear. I'm 13 weeks with the sickness, hoping it goes soon xx

oh i started in maternity clothes this week! best idea ever

Happy Easter and Passover!

Recently my friend and I started planning a baby shower. She will be helping me set-up the registry and picking necessary items. I'm starting to feel pretty overwhelmed with the entire 'sleeping situation'. We are going to have a proper crib in the nursery - no question - but for the first few months, we want to have the baby sleep in our room. I was thinking of a bassinet, but my friend said its only good for the first few months and once he/she outgrows it, its packed away until the next baby. Instead, she suggested we look at a playard/pack'n'play. I'm really coming around to the idea! Especially since our family lives so far away (2-3 days worth of driving), we do plan on making the trek to see them after the baby is born.

So, experienced mums... what is your advice? Any brand or models that you recommend? We plan, in the very least, of traveling "home" to see our families next Easter (baby will be 6 months old). So I'm thinking of investing in a good playard that we can use when we travel to see our family and friends out of town.

Pack n play all the way! We have 2! My advice, find a fairly lightweight one. Simply pick up different boxes of one's you like that you can't decide between and make the deciding factor the lightest one. My 2 year old still sleeps in hers. Babies both slept in them for the first few weeks right next to me. For us... a bassinet would have been a big waste of money! :)

Pack n play all the way! We have 2! My advice, find a fairly lightweight one. Simply pick up different boxes of one's you like that you can't decide between and make the deciding factor the lightest one. My 2 year old still sleeps in hers. Babies both slept in them for the first few weeks right next to me. For us... a bassinet would have been a big waste of money! :)

Which one did you end up buying?

There are SO MANY models out there. How did you find the built-in bassinet option in the pack-n-play? How long did they sleep in them?

To be honest, I also cannot see ANY difference between a playard/pack-n-play and travel cribs.

I'm no use on the what to buy for baby front- I haven't got a clue. My sister inlaw tell me she has everything I need packed in her loft, including cot, basket, toys, bath, steriliser baby boy clothes and girl clothes. She has very good taste. The only thing i will need to but is the buggy/pram and a new mattress for the cot.

I'm loving maternity jeans, I can't imagine ever giving them up. Went swimming yesterday and felt like a right dad bloater. We are at the stage where we don't look too pregnant just bigger than normal, so weird seeing body changing. X

I seem to have popped this week. I'm currently hiding at home lol so I don't have to tell anyone.

pack n plays are very popular in the states. we have a few, and they are great for overnight visits to the grandparents or trips or whatever.

jen is this your first or? i seem to have popped early but i think its because it is my second pregnancy.

anyone have stomach aches? not nausea, although i have to that a lot, but just a plain old belly ache ??

We used a Pack N Play for DD. She slept in the bassinet attachment at first, then just in the upper level when she got bigger. When she hit 3 months and started sleeping through the night, we moved her to the crib in the nursery.

With this baby, he/she will be in our room in the Pack N Play again until around 3 months, then DD will move to a new bedroom and new baby will go in the nursery.

Juliet it's my 2nd.

Had my 12 week scan today and found out i'm actually 13weeks 4 days, no wonder i popped lol.

i thought we would have similar due dates!
its right before our wedding anniversary and around several family members birthdays

Hope87- I used two hand me down pack n plays for my daughter who is now 9. We kept one at home in the living room and one at my moms house. They were useful and we took them on vacation etc. But we also had a bassinet that someone bought us which I left next to my bed.

This time however, I will keep a pack n play in the living room again. I registered for a chicco pack n play. I think it is called magic. Anyway I plan on using an Arms Reach Co-sleeper next to my bed for this baby. One side of the Co-sleeper drops down and you can push it flush up next to your bed for easy access to baby for mid-night feedings. It looks like a mini-pack n play and reviews for it are great. Plus you can pack it up and take it with you and I think it is lighter then a pack n play (but your baby will out grow it faster then a pack n play). I just loved the convenience of not getting out of my bed to pick up my baby and take care of her.

Is it too early to be feeling fluttering? in my first pregnancy it was about 17 weeks but I'm sure I'm feeling something now.

Jen I think it's possible, as I have been feeling flutters since 13 weeks. Haven't been feeling a lot lately which worries me but baby is still so tiny I'm not too concerned. I felt my first at 16 weeks x

how's everyone feeling? telling people more?

some days i have symptoms, mostly fatigue and a little nausea, and other days I don't have much at all and wonder if i am still pregnant!
i go in for a checkup next week :D

i tell friends as i see them, or call/text a few who live farther away but are a good friend so i want them to know.

I'm going to eat the entire world. I'm so hungry lately! This morning I had to be up for a 6:30 meeting for work. I had a tangerine and banana, then a bagel and cream cheese. Lunch was a grilled cheese with some pickles, then I snacked in almonds and had some cookies. In the early afternoon I had a pb&j and some dried apricots. I was at intense hungry levels by 4:30 and ate two tacos. A few more cookies, and now I just had another pb&j.

I know I'm only supposed to need an extra 100-200 calories this early, but I'm in actual pain from being so hungry!

I've lost my hunger strange and on to not fancying much to eat. My date changed at scan too now it's 6.10.15 I'm 15 weeks plus 2. Unfortunately my Down syndrome screening results came back high risk 1:65 chance. I'm having further private bloods tests to see if the risk is high or low. Results will take 2 weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->