Can anyone recommend a kids tablet for a 4 year old?

Yo_Yo

Reaction score
Thinking of getting dd2 a tablet for her 4th birthday.

Does anyone have one, or know a good one to buy? Our budget is under £100

My 4 year old goes into tesco and knows how to work the hudl despite never having been shown...she negotiates her way from screen being asleep to playing cbeebies and stuff...I would therefore definately vote for the hudl!

We're going with the Kindle Fire kids edition. We got it while on offer at £79.99, usually costs £99.99.
We're getting the kindle, child friendly case, 2 year full warranty with replacement if it gets broken and a years subscription of Fire for kids unlimited (access to books, TV shows, apps & games for no additional cost).

LO will be 4 in Feb he uses a kindel fire, which DH uses but we have cebbies apps and duplo apps on it too xxxxx

DD has the Kindle Fire HD. I got the 16GB, child proof case and 2 year accident warranty for under $100 USD. You should be able to get some good deals this time of year. We've had it since June and really like it. It's not as smooth as the ipad, but for the price, and for a toddler, it's a good tablet.

For under $100, I'd recommend a Kindle Fire too. I'm sure they'll have them on sale for Black Friday, so should be able to get it and accessories for under $100.

I've been looking at the Fire kids edition for our 5 year old, looks good :)

My daughter also has the Tesco hudl, would highly recommend it. x

What do people think of the Leap Pad platinum? I wanted something specifically aimed at children where I dont have to watch what shes pressing or what videos shes watching

I'd recommend the kindle fire too or a secondhand ipad?

I have kindle fire HD for me but I don't think it's great for the children. One thing I'd do on any Internet tablet is download an app such as zoodles. When they go on tablet they click on this app and then they can't get out of it again but it provides loads of videos and games and you go in the parental controls and set access to anything else they are allowed on such as other apps and the gallery

For the person asking about the leap pad I can't comment on that but we have the innotab 1 and I'd rather get a normal tablet then lock them into a safe app as I've outlined above as the innotab not great compared but saying that you need to try out the latest models as they've probably got better and may be a good buy

What do people think of the Leap Pad platinum? I wanted something specifically aimed at children where I dont have to watch what shes pressing or what videos shes watching

This is what we decided to go for. Was on Amazon for a good deal yesterday. Not sure if it still is though.
Arrives today, and I'm really impressed with it. Robust, big screen, two cameras, girly colour.
So many to choose from, but this was the winner for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->