Can anyone shed some light on IUI odds?

I don't think insurance will cover it - but it should cover all the scans and blood tests. Docs usually say if IUI doesn't work for you within 3 rounds, it's unlikely to work, which is why people then move onto IVF. But with your age, I can't imagine it not working! I'm 29 and DH is 30, and our doc said that the biggest thing going for us was our age. So I think you've got a really good chance! Wouldn't we all love a crystal ball! lol :)

Hello Ladies,

I am in the same boat. I will be doing my first IUI cycle in April 2010.

Per my dr, I will be doing clomid then injectibles (HC-shot) before the IUI. Did anyone do this?

Congrats to all the preggy folks. I cant wait to be in your shoes,

Prayers, Prayers to this thread.

Best of luck nybison! Sounds like you and Casey will be doing your IUI at the same time, you guys should totally buddy up :)

Hi Ladies,

I think there is about a 30% chance of concieving on each round of IUI. I have just finished my 2ww and got my BFP today :happydance: I can't believe it - am in shock. Had to take 3 pregnancy tests before I dared to believe it.

Don't give up,
SJ

Hi Joli - how did you get all the fancy bits on your post? I think we are about the same stage. I am due Nov 10th xx

sj22 were you doing IUI??

That is so great!!!! Congrats!!!!

What Jodi has on her page as the pregnancy ticker comes from baby-gaga.com. I've been there several times, hoping for a ticker of my own. We will see. Soon enough I might. :)

Caseybaby718,

I was indeed doing IUI. Had the full works, injections for 14 days, numerous internal scans (yuk) and now progesterone suppositries. If you have any questions just ask, I hope this month is a good one for you xx

This month will be somewhat of a bore just waiting for April. :) Why do you need progesterone suppositories?

I think it thickens the lining of the womb and makes it a better environment.

I think it thickens the lining of the womb making it a better environment x

Oh, why do you have to be on it? Is it precautionary or is there a medical reason?

I just presumed it was standard proceedure with the IUI. I don't think there is a medical reason other than giving myself the best chance of holding onto any egg that fertilises. I had a laparoscopy in Oct and everything came back fine.

ahh i see.

They are really suppositories?

I would never hear the end of it from my DH if I had that prescribed to me. :\

He has such toilet humor sometimes.

I know...not nice. They are used vaginally so not too bad - just a bit messy! In all honesty by the time we got to them I was almost past caring! He was there for all the internal scans and after operation. It will be worth it though I hope x

It is all for a better cause which i am sure Dh would appriciate.

I will have to ask my DR about those too.

Hey SJ - congratulations!!!! I really do think that any girls reading this thread will be given great hope in IUI - I know doctors are really cautious when they tell you that odds are against you, but there are quite a few of us on this thread where IUI has worked first time round. My baby developing ticker is from baby-gaga (do a google search for the exact web address!) and the stork ticker is from www.fertilityfriend.com - after you create your ticker, they will give you a url address, which you can cut and paste into BnB - if you go into 'Edit Signature' and then paste the url address there, you should be able to get your ticker! We are due on practically the same date! My current date is for 6 Nov, so only 4 days apart :)

Casey - the progesterone suppositories are to make sure your corpus luteum continues to make enough progesterone to support the beanie (and SJ is right, it does thicken the uterus lining). If you don't produce enough progesterone yourself, then your body forgets it's pregnant, and can result in a miscarriage. I'm using the progesterone suppositories too, they're pretty easy to use, they're tiny, like half the size of a marble, and I have to use 2 every evening (I think that's about 200mg in total). What are you using SJ? I'm not sure how long I will have to be on progesterone for, but I don't think it does any harm.

Hi Joli, we are due very near to each other :) I hope it does give some hope to others, I still can't quite believe it myself (have now taken 4 tests). I am taking 400g a day. I am booked in for a scan in two weeks time with my fertility nurse who has been brilliant.

How are you feeling about it all?

I went to the DR today and they counted my little follicles. I have like 26 on one and 24? on the other.

The dr said that it was really good news. He said that it meant I would probably respond really well to medication. :)

I asked him about Gonal F, and he said that he wouldn't put me on it right now unless needed, it tends to be more drastic, and he thinks that with just a low dosage of Clomid and the trigger shot we will be able to make things happen. :) SO EXCITED!!!!!

I actually set up my follow up appt. It's April 2nd. :D Follow up appt will be the first appt of my IUI treatment. :) SO EXCITED! (did I already say that?!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->