Can anyone shed some light on IUI odds?

Thanks for the warm welcome

marsmaiden, I think I was just sad and overwhelmed that it has to be done with assistance. Don't know where I missed the memo that IUI meant self injections on my stomach. I get my periods every 28 days since 1981 so I don't need Clomid, but I was thinking my doc was going to prescribe something like that. Anyway I'm better today and I ordered my medicine. Can't remember the name but it starts with a G.

Yeah sounds like Gonal F. Mind I'm still semi novice at all this still hehe

:hi: ladies! Hope everyone is great?

Well after 81 days the :witch: has finally arrived. :happydance::happydance::happydance: So excited! Can't wait for the day of iui. Excited to see dh stats as I have had him on fertilaid for men along with motility boost. Last iui his count went up 30 mil and motility went up 6% after only taking it for 6 weeks.

Quaver and MiBebe - Welcome.

I'm having serious ov pains:nope:

It must be from taking those clomid and Follistim injections. It feels like there's chicken eggs stuck on my ovaries (both of them):blush:

Last thing I want to do is BD tonight, but DH is so geared up to it, and we need to get rid of his old supply in readiness for IUI this Friday or Sat. I have a scan tomorrow.

Also good idea in case I ov early:thumbup:
I have amazing amount of ewcm, so ov seems imminent:happydance:

GreenEyes - yeah for AF and getting things rolling for your IUI! What is motility boost? I haven't heard of it but I'm intrigued!

Yes! Sorry I am not down with the lingo yet. The letter given to me by the nurse says Gonadotropin/IUI Cycle. She said that the trigger will be Ovidrel. I'm supposed to receive the package tomorrow at my house. Not in a hurry to inject myself LOL :cry:

GreenEyes - yeah for AF and getting things rolling for your IUI! What is motility boost? I haven't heard of it but I'm intrigued!

Hi Jaimie, motility boost is a dietary supplement that is suppose to increase motility when taken in conjunction with fertilaid for men.

Greeneyes - Yay, finally! Lol, I bet you're relieved. Good luck this cycle!

Quaver - Good luck on your scan tomorrow! I won't be too far behind you, my CD14 scan is Saturday.

Going in tomorrow morning for my HSG and I'm getting pretty nervous. I just hope I don't have any blockages and I hope it doesn't hurt too much! :( At least my tubes will be freshly cleaned out before my IUI, haha.

I had the scan today (CD14) and the eggs are both about 18mm, so I'm getting a trigger shot tonight:thumbup:

Our doctor is a busy man, he didn't explain to me what the injections are for:blush:

They are Pregnyl 5000iu and Solvens pro pregnyl 1ml.
Having Googled, am I right in thinking it is HCG, so it will give false positive hpts for 10 days? and it will trigger ovulation in 36-48hrs?

Quaver - that's great news from your scan! I am not sure about the injections. Pregnyl is definitely HCG used to trigger ovulation, I know the ladies that take 5000ius often take up a top up jab of another 5000ius half way into the tww. I suspect the solvens might just be the saline solution that the pregnyl is dissolved into? But yes, you will def get positive hpts for a few days but I suspect less than 10 with that dosage. Hope that helps?

Amb - good luck for your HSG tomorrow, hope it goes smoothly for you! I have def heard of people being slightly more fertile for a while afterwards so it sounds like a great time to be having a go at IUI. Good luck!

Quaver - that's great news from your scan! I am not sure about the injections. Pregnyl is definitely HCG used to trigger ovulation, I know the ladies that take 5000ius often take up a top up jab of another 5000ius half way into the tww. I suspect the solvens might just be the saline solution that the pregnyl is dissolved into? But yes, you will def get positive hpts for a few days but I suspect less than 10 with that dosage. Hope that helps?
Thanks MarsMaiden:flower:
I don't know if I'll get top up jab, since my doc doesn't tell me anything.
I didn't even know about Pregnyl until today.
The jab hurt!!!:brat:
And it was in my bum:blush:

Amb - Thanks! I am relieved. Good luck with your scan and hsg. I had an hsg 6mths ago. I only had mild cramping for a few seconds during. It was really fast. I took 3 ibproufen and hour before.

Quaver - good luck on your iui. Injections are not fun. :(

Just got back from my HSG and everything went great! No blockages, fibroids or polyps and the dye flowed through smoothly. :happydance: Y'all were right, it only hurt for a few seconds and then it was over, not at all worth all the stress over it, lol. They did tell me that I have a slightly heart shaped uterus, but that it won't affect fertility. :thumbup: Thankfully all of my testing is over and now I can focus on my upcoming IUI!

Just got back from my HSG and everything went great! No blockages, fibroids or polyps and the dye flowed through smoothly. :happydance: Y'all were right, it only hurt for a few seconds and then it was over, not at all worth all the stress over it, lol. They did tell me that I have a slightly heart shaped uterus, but that it won't affect fertility. :thumbup: Thankfully all of my testing is over and now I can focus on my upcoming IUI!
Hooray!!! :happydance:

thats good news!! good luck with your iui

any news yet mars?? having any symptoms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->