• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can anyone shed some light on IUI odds?

amb - that's great news about your hsg. Good luck for your IUI!

quaver - ouchies! I have to give myself the HCG trigger which is a bit of a mare mixing up all the different bits and it does hurt a little, I think just because of the amount of fluid I'm pushing in! Thank goodness they've never asked me to inject myself in the bum though! :p Good luck for your iui, fingers crossed!

afm - 10 dpiui and still pretty symptomless apart from a random pain in my armpit and slightly sore boobs (which would be the progesterone). I also have a really stiff neck but I'm fairly sure that's just cos I slept funny and not cos I'm pregnant! :p I did test this morning and if i stood on my head, squinted a lot and in just the right light there might have been the shadow of a line. It has got clearer through the day though(yes, I brought it to work and am checking every now and then - don't judge me!) which makes me think that it's probably an evap line. Of course it is still possible that it is also justleft over hcg trigger, I got a pretty clear positive at 9dpiui last time. Soooooooo..... nothing concrete to go on at all really but I'm not out yet!

certainly wouldn't judge u - i put my sticks in the bin upstairs so that i can check on them a few times lol, maybe i'm a little bit crazy!

hopefully i'll be able to check on here next wk when i'm on my hols, and hopefully you'll have a lovely bfp by then!

xx

Done my first ever IUI!:happydance:
It was painless:thumbup:
The eggs, lining and my cm was good:haha:

BUT..... the doctor said DH's sperm was disappointing:blush:
So the chance of pregnancy is very low this time.

Is it that bad?

Pre wash/Post wash
Volume 3.2ml/0.5ml
Motility rapid 11%/60%
Motility slow 28%/40%
Morphology 3%/4%

Oh well never mind:blush:

Oooh, Mars, I'm so excited for you! Please let us know when you test again. :flower:

Quaver - Sorry for the disappointment with your IUI, but you never know! I don't really know anything about the numbers, but I'm sure some of the other ladies will. Stay positive! :hugs:

Went in for my CD14 u/s this morning and they found one 18mm follie. I'm a little apprehensive about it, though, because they had found something similar on my CD3 u/s which they said was a cyst, though nothing to worry about. Well, the "follicle" they saw today was on the same ovary. I specifically asked if it was the same thing they were seeing on CD3 and my FS seems convinced it is, in fact, a mature follicle. :shrug: They drew some blood to confirm it's an active follicle and went ahead with my trigger shot. I'll get the results this afternoon and, if everything is good, I'll have my IUI Monday morning. I just don't know, though, I don't feel very optimistic about it. Just seems like deja vu from my other Clomid cycles, all they ever found was one follie on my left ovary. Sigh...:nope:

Amb434, it must be a proper follicle if they've checked the bloods too:flower: Good luck Monday:thumbup:

As for the numbers, I don't know much about it either, but the doctor seems to think it's pretty bad, so it must be:cry:

Thanks, Quaver, I really hope it's what they think it is. I'll get my blood work results this afternoon, so I'll be sure to post an update.

I hope somebody can come along and give you some encouraging advice about your numbers. FX'd for you. :flower::hugs:

Amber, I've got my fingers crossed that this could just work out positively for you. I suppose the washing has done it's job, the numbers have gone up. Remember you only need one good spermy blighter to do it's job!

Amb, I had a cyst at the start of IUI2, so we abandoned it and I had to wait until the following cycle to check it had gone. I hope for your sake it's not a cyst (which they have confirmed it's not) FX'd this IUI works for you.

Quaver, sweetie... The numbers really aren't good at all. I'm not going to lie to you. The doctor was disappointed with them for a reason. Here's a breakdown... although I feel bad posting it. :( I don't know where you fall in the age category, but I thought it might help someone anyway.

Clomid w/ IUI = 1.71 times more likely to conceive than natural IUI
Injectables w/ IUI = 2.15 times more likely to conceive than natural IUI

Less than 10 million sperm = 87% less likely to conceive than with 10 million or more sperm

More than 37 years old = 42% less likely to conceive than younger patients

Well, no IUI for me this cycle. :( My blood results came back and my estrogen level is only 32 (they like to see 150 or higher) which means it's not a mature follicle. :cry: Apparently, it's just a cyst. What concerns me is, this cyst has, obviously, been around ever since I started doing Clomid. Do y'all think it could be something serious or that my FS may want to surgically remove it? :shrug:

Sigh.. I don't really know what's next for me. Possibly injectables?

When I had my cyst the nurse was not at all surprised I had one, she spotted it straight away and advised it should come away with my next AF. Was this not the only time they've scanned you and found it? If so, it's just come up this cycle and not been there previously.

This is the first time my FS has seen it personally, but I did 3 cycles of Clomid with my OB before being referred to my FS. With each Clomid cycle, they only found one "follicle" on my left ovary and never anything on the right. Initially, my OB thought it was a follicle trying to mature, but never got big enough for her to do anything about. Each cycle, the follicle would always be a little bigger than the previous cycle. It wasn't until I started seeing my FS that they did a CD3 scan, which showed a cyst on my left ovary that was 17mm. Today's scan showed it at 18mm. I can only assume this is the same cyst they've been seeing all along and thought it was a maturing follicle.

Is aspiration painful? :( Could this cyst be keeping me from producing mature follicles? :shrug:

Amb, I think only the FS can answer that question for you dearie :hugs:

Wallie, I noticed you are awaiting IVF- me too. I start the protocol next cycle but its a long one so i wont be having the transfer until December.
Why dont you come join the 4 leaf IVF thread in that new area of LTTTC of BNB. (sorry i dont have the link off hand).

are you on a waiting list?
hope you get treatment soon
:hugs:

good luck to all the new ladies that have had their IUIs or waiting for it :thumbup:

I can't answer that, Amb. I just know its one treatment for getting rid of cysts! Sorry honey! :hugs: Do ask!

Quaver, sweetie... The numbers really aren't good at all. I'm not going to lie to you. The doctor was disappointed with them for a reason.
Thanks, that's what I was afraid off.
DH is now pretty down, and hasn't eaten much since yesterday. Maybe he has stomach flu? Can't be psychological can it?
Better save up for ICSI:thumbup:
Apparently, it's just a cyst.
If it has been around for few cycles, maybe it is better to have it removed?
I think it usually disappears by itself, but this one seems not:hugs:

Wallie, I noticed you are awaiting IVF- me too. I start the protocol next cycle but its a long one so i wont be having the transfer until December.
Why dont you come join the 4 leaf IVF thread in that new area of LTTTC of BNB. (sorry i dont have the link off hand).

are you on a waiting list?
hope you get treatment soon
:hugs:

good luck to all the new ladies that have had their IUIs or waiting for it :thumbup:

Hi Britt :flower: yeh, just heard on Friday I have a screening appt on the 28th October, so I'm assuming if I'm on the long protocol then day 21 of next period will be middle of November and then transfer will be in early December with testing just before Christmas. I found a calculator on the web and if AF comes when it should then testing will be about the 20th. Not sure how I feel about this at all and I was selfishly looking forward to my christmas night out on the 11th December and going by the calculator, transfer date would the around then, so I may not get to go. What a silly thing to think about really but I don't like saying I'm going to things and then let people down. Plus I don't really want loads of folk being suspicious about what I'm doing as I'll be off work quite a bit, popping in and out for appts at hospital. I'm the PA for the MD at work and most folk notice when I'm not in. Yes, silly the things you think about eh.

I'll check out the four leaf clova thread though, thanks.

Quaver - I hope you don't mind me posting. I have been following this thread since I left earlier in the year. Although numbers aren't amazing, remember it only takes one. Our sperm count was only a little higher than yours but I had 3 follies so maybe that made up for lack of swimmers. Fingers crossed for you xx

Quaver - I hope you don't mind me posting. I have been following this thread since I left earlier in the year. Although numbers aren't amazing, remember it only takes one. Our sperm count was only a little higher than yours but I had 3 follies so maybe that made up for lack of swimmers. Fingers crossed for you xx
Go Go :spermy: :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->