Can breastfeeding really stop you getting pregnant?

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
I'm breastfeeding and I haven't had period yet and i had :sex: last week
I won;t be pregnant ,will I ? :blush:

I would NOT reply on breastfeeding as a contraceptive!! So yes you could be pregnant....

keely.

Some people like to claim that it can...

The realistic answer is NO! Do not rely solely on bfing as contraception. Some people dont even show signs of ovulation or have a period, but can still get pg.

One girl I knew was bfing and hadnt even had a period, yet ended up PG 3 months after her first baby was born. This second baby also ended up with alot of birth defects and is disabled.

Nope sorry its not proven just bcos u havent had a period doesnt mean u havent ov for 1st time since you had baby x

nope bf doesnt stop you getting pregant. i geot pregnant 3 months after connor was born and i was bf.

No it can't. My BFF got caught out on this an her babies are 1 year and 3 days apart in age.

Pretty much what everyone else has said. There are BF'ing friendly birth control (if you are worried) or you could always stick with condoms!

:hugs:

I successfully used it as a method of contraception, but I know my signs of fertility and was able to keep an eye on things. For more info on it google LAM.

It can IF used alongside other fertility monitoring. But on its own No x

I saw my Dr the other day with strange abdo sensations and he asked if I could be pregnant. I told him definately not as I am BF AND using condoms. He smiled and said I should still take a test as there is only one contraceptive that's 100% safe and that's not playing hide the sausage!

I'm sure you could use it if you were also checking your other signs though. :D

I am bfeeding and have had no AF since harry was born.
I am using it as birth control as i am also monitoring my other signs of ovulation such as OPK's and my CM.
If you know your body well enough to know when you're ovulating then it can be effective.

The realistic answer is NO! Do not rely solely on bfing as contraception. Some people dont even show signs of ovulation or have a period, but can still get pg.

One girl I knew was bfing and hadnt even had a period, yet ended up PG 3 months after her first baby was born. This second baby also ended up with alot of birth defects and is disabled.

I presume that this was nothing to do with getting pregnant so soon after having her first??????? That'd be very worrying if that were the case.

I presume that this was nothing to do with getting pregnant so soon after having her first??????? That'd be very worrying if that were the case.

No im pretty certain theres no way it can be related, and it certainly cant be related to falling pg whilst bfeeding

no it cant, they say if you are breastfeeding every 2 hours the possiblilty is unlikely that you could get pregnant again - but there is still that chance it could.

Ask Hevz !!!:lol:
x x

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I was exclusively breastfeeding Toby when I got pregnant with Erin:dohh:. Toby was 5months old and admittedly I was having regular periods. Best "accident" I've ever had:muaha:

My friend Tracy got preggers while breastfeeding and had no periods, she only found out when she was 20wks as she too thought she couldn't get pregnant when breastfeeding:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I wish i was one of those people you hear about!

You can get pregnant while breastfeeding, many women do. However, if you aren't ovulating than you can't get pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->