Can I eat this?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by britgirl82, Dec 11, 2009.

1. britgirl82

britgirl82 Well-Known Member

I've just gone out and bought a Boots bean salad for lunch and was about to dig in before I panicked. Can I eat this? It's got lettuce leaves in but I can wash these/take them out. The rest is beans, chopped tomatoes, sweetcorn etc in a vinagrette. Do you think that's safe??

xx

2. Beadette

Beadette I'm a blummin' Mumma!!!

Yes I really think that's fine! Don't be panicking or you'll be a nervous wreck! X

3. Jenni1388

Jenni1388 Well-Known Member

That's fine. Just don't let stuff sit out or if you think it was been sitting out for too long don't eat it. Salad is fine.

4. Lara310809

Lara310809 Mum of 3 girls

No problem with that at all. All pre-prepared salads will have been washed, so you're safe there. And even with the food that you're not supposed to eat, they are more guidelines than anything else. It's just in case you get sick from it, not that they will hurt the baby in themselves. They just warn you off the foods that are more likely to give you food poisoning. My midwife said if I was craving anything, I should have it, even if it's on the "banned" foods list.