Can I give her fish fingers?

We make ours too, in the same way as the ladies above. We use different types of fish and mix herbs and / or spice in with the breadcrumbs.

I make my own chicken nuggets and fish fingers.. when I don't have time or there is none in the freezer I give my LO Birds eye fish fingers.. he loves them!

They're probably fine. I give Isaac quorn 'fish' fingers sometimes. I'm pretty sure they can eat pretty much anything once they're a year old.

I don't like feeding Emma or myself processed foods either but I never thought about making my own fish fingers!! Thanks for the idea ladies. :flower:

Sam it's so easy!!

Also do the same for chicken nuggets ;)

I find that LO doesnt like the crispy ness, so 9/10 time she only eats the insides!

do you have to freeze them before cooking them or can you just do them straight after makign them?

I read in the Tesco toddler magazine that the salmon fish fingers are better for them as salmon is better for us because of the omega 3 and all that jazz. I tried mine with them yesterday and they went down pretty well. Like a lot of you say, they tend to pick off the coating anyway which makes me think I'd rather just given them a piece of salmon/cod to eat anyway! But fishfingers are great when you're desperate and it's all that's in the freezer :)

My LO as been eating fish fingers for ages since she was like 8 months old. Fish fingers and fish cakes r her fav

Yep fish fingers get the thumbs up in this household too! She'll have them once maybe twice a week, and usually for lunch rather than dinner. She also gets the occasional sausage and potato waffle. I try to cook everything from scratch for her, but it's tough when you work full time.

K loves them :thumbup: i tend to buy the haddock or salmon type ones instead of cod since theres not much cod left in the world and it doesnt taste of much anyway! he loves smoked fish occasionally (like smoked fishcakes or in pasta / eggs) hes not keen on the fishfinger coating and will eat the insides mainly!
Havent tried making my own yet but I keep meaning to - but I suspect he will prefer the bought ones anyway :wacko:
Think things like this are fine now and again, as part of a generally healthy weekly diet, for most of us its not realistic for us all to only ever eat organic made from scratch meals every single day ... though at one time that was what I had intended, before reality hit lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->