Can i have opinions of this BF article please?

I just think Mums should decide how to find by making their OWN informed choice. I fully believe every Mum should do their own research- its not hard to find. But i completely disagree with trying to promote Breastfeeding by shaming them in to it, thats not right.

But who are you to say what comfort a baby gets? You can tell us what YOU gain from BF, but you cant really speak for a baby can you? You cannot say that FF baby feels less comforted than a BF baby, you just do not know this.
Because I know my baby and could see him react differently to BFing at the breast and drinking expressed milk from the bottle or when he had to be FFed for 24 hours:shrug:

I understood what you said, i was just addressing the fact before someone else picked up on it and rolled with it.
Sorry, it looked like you thought I was bringing up the statistics as part of an argument.

But who are you to say what comfort a baby gets? You can tell us what YOU gain from BF, but you cant really speak for a baby can you? You cannot say that FF baby feels less comforted than a BF baby, you just do not know this.
Because I know my baby and could see him react differently to BFing at the breast and drinking expressed milk from the bottle or when he had to be FFed for 24 hours:shrug:

But you werent just talking about your baby.

I have 4 living children and they have all reacted differently on the breast.

Bloody hell I bf for two weeks and now lo is ff. Who cares as long as baby gets fed and is happy ahhhhhhhh! X

No, I'm talking about other LOs I know who have been BFed as well.

That's interesting about your kids. I wonder how this one will react to BFing. I hope she will get just the same out of it as her older brother did.

Is there an article on the facts of formula feeding that dosnt offend formula feeding mums? genuine question. I havnt seen one that dosnt offend yet.

I've read plenty :shrug:

Can you show me some?

If i had bookmarked or save them i could, i meant more, i have read tonnes in magizenes, links from here and never ever have i been bothered until now? IYKWIM

I understand your point, but that is just your baby hun. 1 baby out of billions.

No, I'm talking about other LOs I know who have been BFed as well.

That's interesting about your kids. I wonder how this one will react to BFing. I hope she will get just the same out of it as her older brother did.

The child i bf longest for (3 yr old) WOULD feed for comfort, she had that emotional attachment to it, I had to feed her to sleep and she used me as a dummy. My youngest, he fed because he was hungry, he was never interested in the comfort side of it, I guess it maybe never gave him any. Like I say, no 2 babies are the same. Im sure its the same with FF babies, some feel comforted while being fed, others may not. But im sure they all feel secure and loved, thats whats important.

I don't need to read the article to know what the tone was, it's the other end of the scale to that ridiculous article in mother and baby last year about how aweful breastfeeding is.

Neither articles are ok or necessary.

I am incredible pro breastfeeding and put pictures and articles up on facebook but I don't get why people think these kind of shove it down your throat articles are needed. They don't help the cause they just piss people off.

I read a le leche league leaflet once at my family centre and it pissed me off because I don't see why formula needs to be put down to promote breastfeeding.

I will shout the benefits if breastfeeding from the roof tops but im not going to call formula poison or inadequate.

Sometimes some formula feeders can get very defensive about nothing just because a fact about breastfeeding is stated or even a experience but at the same time some breastfeeders can be downright rude about formula.

It shouldn't be a US vs them situation at all

Bloody hell I bf for two weeks and now lo is ff. Who cares as long as baby gets fed and is happy ahhhhhhhh! X

Yes! People generally have good reasons for not breastfeeding, so why the bf vs ff debate? I am pro feeding baby! :D

I don't need to read the article to know what the tone was, it's the other end of the scale to that ridiculous article in mother and baby last year about how aweful breastfeeding is.

Neither articles are ok or necessary.

I am incredible pro breastfeeding and put pictures and articles up on facebook but I don't get why people think these kind of shove it down your throat articles are needed. They don't help the cause they just piss people off.

I read a le leche league leaflet once at my family centre and it pissed me off because I don't see why formula needs to be put down to promote breastfeeding.

I will shout the benefits if breastfeeding from the roof tops but im not going to call formula poison or inadequate.

Sometimes some formula feeders can get very defensive about nothing just because a fact about breastfeeding is stated or even a experience but at the same time some breastfeeders can be downright rude about formula.

It shouldn't be a US vs them situation at all

Amen

The child i bf longest for (3 yr old) WOULD feed for comfort, she had that emotional attachment to it, I had to feed her to sleep and she used me as a dummy. My youngest, he fed because he was hungry, he was never interested in the comfort side of it, I guess it maybe never gave him any. Like I say, no 2 babies are the same. Im sure its the same with FF babies, some feel comforted while being fed, others may not. But im sure they all feel secure and loved, thats whats important.
What about when they were newborns?

When I say comfort I'm talking about that look of relief they get when they get drinking and the "ahhh" look when they're full, that kind of thing. Not necessarily comfort feeding when they're not hungry and just want a human dummy.

When I say comfort I'm talking about that look of relief they get when they get drinking and the "ahhh" look when they're full, that kind of thing. Not necessarily comfort feeding when they're not hungry and just want a human dummy.

Yeah, but my baby was NEVER full, never satisfied, barely gained weight and refused bottles for almost 7 months. She was never once 'milk drunk'. Just because you bf, doesn't mean you get the situation you describe.

Surely they all have that look of relief whether ff or bf? Even as a newborn my Son never seemed to get much comfort when feeding, he was a squirmer (still is), very fidgety, i never ever felt like he felt relaxed or comforted when being fed, but like i say, he is different to my other babies.

It's a shame. Just read the article and actually 90% of the content is interesting and as far as I understand accurate but the numerous digs at formula feeding turned into something that could be debated over.

Also a bit of a cock up that they put at the end 100% of mums should breastfeed until 6 months but they previously said only 99% of women can breastfeed.

It's a shame. Just read the article and actually 90% of the content is interesting and as far as I understand accurate but the numerous digs at formula feeding turned into something that could be debated over.

Completely agree.

Surely they all have that look of relief whether ff or bf? Even as a newborn my Son never seemed to get much comfort when feeding, he was a squirmer (still is), very fidgety, i never ever felt like he felt relaxed or comforted when being fed, but like i say, he is different to my other babies.
I didn't find it to be the case.

I didn't intend to come into this thread and make it into a debate either. I think it's awful that it turns into some kind of slanging match in a lot of discussions like these. I remember when a few extreme FFers came onto the BFing support board to talk about how judged they felt and how smug BFers are. As if mothers of babies need that kind of crap at a time when they most need support!

For what it's worth, I think BFing advocacy would be a lot more effective if it stayed positive, which this article most certainly is not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->