Can we talk stretchies ... ?

Yellow IVF Rainbow Baby
Reaction score
Did you get them ... when did you get them ... ?

I feel I need to be prepareed so I don't have a freakout if and or when I get them lol

:kiss:

I got them when I started to get really big they say cream can help but its in the genes so cant be stopped unfortunatley x

i have a few really low down on my belly i first noticed them about 20 weeks or so but they havent got any worse so far even though i have got much bigger. I dont know how anyone else feels but i have just been to the dom rep for 2 weeks and the sun has made them better and less noticable x

I started to get them in the late 20 weeks, been using bio oil from the start it might of helped the stretchies not get so bad but it doesnt totally avoid them x

I also started getting them in the last 20 weeks or so. They started small and at the time i was quite pleased coz i didn't think they'd get worse but in the last few weeks they crept up above my belly button and they look absolutley terrible :dohh:

With DS1 I got to 37 weeks nad was like YAY no stretch marks.... then the next day I woke up and had them all over my belly! Thanks for that

This time, I've just had a few more added to the ones I got before...! THe joys of pregnancy!

I cant remember when I got them with my first pregnancy, I was just covered one day. They arent too bad really, faded ALOT! I was bound to get them anyway, I had them already on my legs and boobs from a growth spurt as a young teen!

xx

most likley they will just arrive one day when you wake up with no warning i remember getting 1 or 2 on each side when i was around 20 weeks which faded in the space of a few days as i put tons on vitamin e cream on which i think helped them fade quickly - i then didnt get any more stretch marks untill about 3-4 weeks ago, i havent really botherd putting cream on every day, just when i remember and they are starting to fade they are silver in colour when they first appeared they were red
if you get them you get them if you dont then you dont but you will most likley get them if it is in your genes, i dont think creams prevent you getting stretch marks but i think it helps with making them less itchy and making them fade a bit quicker

started get them week 34 then they became noticable just recently
i only have them on my sides tho n there purple right now

I've heard it's the genes before ...

Bad thing my mum looks as if (this sounds quite horrible) someone has got a load of knives and sliced vertically down her stomach .. they're from me ... 22 years ago ...

I don't have any new ones yet, I do still have some on my hips from when I gained a fair bit of weight before I got pregnant.
I do make sure to keep moisturised but I know I can't prevent them if they want to happen. I think mine are going to appear right at the end, just to wind me up.

You might not get them though, just because your mom did. I tend to take after my dads side of the family when it comes to the body (same build, height, hair color, eye color etc.) Unfortunately that side of the family must get stretch marks!

My twin sister got them so I assumed I would too. Since I got the positive pregnancy test I religiously used special oil, lotion and cream throughout the day and also made sure I drank/drink TONS of water to stay hydrated so my skin doesn't get dry. I now have very soft and non-itchy stretch marks lol! So I think if you are going to get them, you will no matter what you do, sorry!

Oh, I got my first ones (short red lines that have faded a bit already) very low down going upwards toward (but not reaching) my bellybutton around 25 weeks. I couldn't even really see them because of my bump, but OH noticed them and said something (thanks!). Then nothing until a few days ago I woke up to them in a semi-circle around my belly button (weird, I know) and a few on the left side of the bump.

good luck on getting the good genes from someone other than your mom! :)

Mine are the same as keljt1127; they've only appeared on my sides and are purple. Didn't get them til I was about 35 weeks and no creams or anything seem to help :nope:

I got big quite quickly when I became pregnant - at 16 weeks I was COVERED in them. I have them bad now - they are all purple and read and so many of them :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->