Can you book a last min holiday to Vegas?

eve21

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This might sound like a stupid question but i would like to go to Las Vegas in september. The problem is i wont have money till september to go therefore i can't book it just yet. My question is, can i book a last minute holiday there, as in the day or 2 before i want to go? Or do you need visas etc and have to book in advance?

I'd be booking from Cassidys travel in Ireland

Thanks for reading :flower:

Here is the information you need. I think you can travel to the US for less than 90 days on the visa waiver programme (you also need an e-passport/esta passport for this) but you need to provide information 72 hours before you fly. Anyone with a criminal record needs to apply in advance for a visa. So you could book four days in advance if you had an electronic passport, but tbh, I'd never leave something like this until the last minute!

I'd second the above. Yes it is possible, however there is the visa issue, plus the flights might not be available by the time you can book. I worked in travel for 5 years and never booked a last minute to Vegas!

What about applying for a credit card and paying the holiday on the card, then clearing the balance before you go?

You can apply for the esta visa now as it's valid for 2 years costs $14 per person and as long as no one has had a police conviction you can apply for it. Thomas cook fly from Manchester to Las Vegas and normally have some good late deals. The scheduled flights such as virgin, ba normally work out cheaper the earlier you book it. Accommodation is fine, normally starts from £20 pppn for 3 star in the strip. Good luck ☺

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I had Vegas booked for my honeymoon, but had to cancel it as hadn't the money at the time they were looking for full payment. I had to pay off other things. My mam & dad are giving me money as a wedding present but wont have it till the actual wedding day, so thats why i was wondering if i could book within a few days before going.

:flower:

I would look around online now and see how much is available for the next few days and gauge it like that, but have the visa thing started now so you are prepared. Also I wouldn't really use a travel agent unless they are offering a fantastic deal, keep your options open and look into booking your own holiday as well as seeing what agents have, it's often cheaper to book yourself.

Would your mum & dad not be willing to put down at least a deposit for you before the wedding? They wouldn't have to give you all of the money so there could still be something to give on the day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->