can you guys on here help me find a sling?!

winegums

Reaction score
hiya i thought this would be the best place to ask

i had my son last May and before he was born i bought the tomy freestyle sling (as i had no idea about slings and it was a nice neutral colour)

anyway it was the most stupid fiddly rubbish thing and after less than 5 mins of wearing it it was KILLING my back

i have a lot of back problems and posture problems, its at the top of my back/base of my neck

anyway i gave up with the sling and just used a pram all the time

this time I will have a toddler so i REALLY want to successfully use a sling! it will mean i wont need to buy a pram,and i can wear the new baby whilst doing things with my toddler etc

so sorry this is turning into a long post! any advice on slings? any that might be better for my back?

thank you xxxxxxxx

Are you set on having a sling (like a ring sling), or would another carrier work? How about something like a moby wrap. Great for supporting newborns, versatile as there are loads of different "holds", and the weight is spread evenly over your back, so might help your back problems? :)

In terms of ring slings, I used a Freedom sling when LO was small for a while, before I got my Moby wrap. Actually dug it out again recently and used it for a bit now she's bigger, in a hip carry ;)

to be honest i have no idea! i can't seem to find any decent information online does anyone know of a website that explains them all etc? thank you Eala xxx

There's a carrier review thread - https://www.babyandbump.com/reviews/279740-carrier-review-thread.html

The reviews almost always have links, so you could have a look at the product websites and see what they look like :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->