Can you see anything? FRER.

I can't even with your doctor. The ladies are so right. I have heard some guns suggest to stop breastfeeding during pregnancy for various reasons. I know women who do and women who don't. Can't say I know much about the subject :(. Doing opks while breastfeeding is not a waste of time, just trickier because your cycles do tend to be irregular. So I'd invest in bulk opks like wondfo. Biologically speaking, it's not just the hormones but it's a natural deterrent to pregnancy. Human babies are completely altricial so we tend to try to have just the one for a while. How long were you planning on bfing?

I get dark opks right before my period so hoping this finally means your next cycle and chance is here.

Did the doctor not scan you? I would have pushed for one not just to rule out cysts but you can get a peak at your eggs and see if they were about to pop.

Glad to hear some form of AF might have finally arrived! Even if it's abnormal it's a sign things are starting to return to their normal rhythm. My first period after having Mirena removed (not the same, but basically the IUD's job was to make my body think I'm pregnant so I wouldn't have a period or ovulate, right?) was very similar to what you are describing. We used condoms for a while after that since we weren't yet ttc, but I believe the next cycle was a completely normal one. Hoping you can get back on track quickly and the opks are accurate for you.

It definitely got heavier in the middle of the night and the cramps came full force too. It sucks but I'm so relieved it's back lol. Now I can finally start with my tracking. Obviously it was my chemical that just really messed everything up. Jeesh :nope:

Oh, and if you didn't have any trouble with early contractions, I wouldn't worry about stopping breastfeeding unless it becomes a problem once you are pregnant. I know I wouldn't want to give that up either, and many women are able to do it successfully through their whole pregnancy. Once you're pregnant, just keep a close eye on things.

The only issue I had with contractions was when I was like 33/34 weeks. I went to l&d and they gave me something to stop it. But no issues like that in the beginning of the pregnancy. If I do get pregnant while nursing I might think about looking for a different gyno :/ I really like him but I don't want to be pressured to stop or feel nervous because he thinks I'll miscarry.

I can't even with your doctor. The ladies are so right. I have heard some guns suggest to stop breastfeeding during pregnancy for various reasons. I know women who do and women who don't. Can't say I know much about the subject :(. Doing opks while breastfeeding is not a waste of time, just trickier because your cycles do tend to be irregular. So I'd invest in bulk opks like wondfo. Biologically speaking, it's not just the hormones but it's a natural deterrent to pregnancy. Human babies are completely altricial so we tend to try to have just the one for a while. How long were you planning on bfing?

I get dark opks right before my period so hoping this finally means your next cycle and chance is here.

Did the doctor not scan you? I would have pushed for one not just to rule out cysts but you can get a peak at your eggs and see if they were about to pop.

Hahah dobby. I know I was shocked when he was saying all of that stuff. I have literally never heard of any of it before. I would like to nurse him until he's at least 1yr but if I do get pregnant before then, idk if it would tank supply or not. I've known some mamas that has happened to.

And no he didn't! He said he could do another blood test if I wanted but there was no point to do any sort of ultrasound until I'm missing my period for longer than 3 months or whatever. Thankfully it came last night and it seems to be a normal one, just two weeks later. So I'll start trying to use my OPKs to track things. Hopefully my cycles get back on track. Like I told Lenora, I definitely think the chemical messed up everything. It's crazy! I've never ever been this late before

It really stinks looking for a new doctor, especially if you've been with the same one for years. But it couldn't hurt to ask around for suggestions, particularly from anyone you know who has had a baby in the past few years. Having the right doctor/midwife to support you through ttc and pregnancy can make all of the difference. Finding one that listens to what you want and helps you achieve just that instead of just telling you what they want you to do regardless of your desires is not easy, but you never know what you may find!

i might do that if we happen to get pregnant quicker than I thought and I'm still nursing. It just sucks because he's delivered both of my kids and I'm used the the office and his practice :(

Hi! I wanted to give my input on the pregnancy and breastfeeding thing. These ladies seem to have you covered.

I breastfed my eldest until she was just over 2 years old. In which time, I conceived my second(just 4 days before my eldest turned 1), went through the pregnancy, delivered, and after tandem nursed for a bit..

I know they say you can't get pregnant while breastfeeding, which is complete BS. and the biggest issue with breastfeeding while pregnant is making sure you are taking in enough calories and such for yourself, the nursing babe, and the fetus.
Breastfeeding can mess with your cycles, in fact I had a friend of mine (currently expecting her 8th baby - due in 7 weeks) she had her youngest, got AF back, then lost it again... and it stayed gone for 7 months or so, then she found out she was pregnant again.

I am still breastfeeding my youngest, who is nearing 13 months and I'm TTC. I will wean her when she is 2. So If I were to get pregnant in the next few months, I again would go all through pregnancy nursing a baby.

Breastfeeding causes your uterus to contract, which I suppose some people may find dangerous, but it is no more dangerous than orgasming while pregnant.. Which, what I have heard is fine, unless there is a medical condition in which you shouldn't.

In anycase, Doctors have this weird thing with liking to scare people. Mine likes to scare me with GD and C-sections. So whenever I get pregnant with #3. I may be looking for a new doctor, and she has delivered both of mine..

If in doubt, remember, your body was built to do this stuff, it knows what it's doing.

After delivering baby #2, my obgyn asked about birth control. I said no because we struggled to get pregnant (2.5 yrs). She agreed that we shouldn't introduce my body to anything that could interfere with ttc again. She also said that bfing is not a form of birth control and I can get pregnant. I told her if I did, we'd be fine with that and she said she hopes it happens naturally and that we will not need an intervention again. She never seemed concerned or said anything about bfing being a hazard to an unborn baby. Male drs are pretty insensitive and aren't always as knowledgeable about ttc. We're ntnp for our last baby, but unfortunately af hasn't returned. My dh and I would be thrilled to get pregnant right away and with zero intervention. I wish you the best of luck and hope you get pregnant soon.

Hi! I wanted to give my input on the pregnancy and breastfeeding thing. These ladies seem to have you covered.

I breastfed my eldest until she was just over 2 years old. In which time, I conceived my second(just 4 days before my eldest turned 1), went through the pregnancy, delivered, and after tandem nursed for a bit..

I know they say you can't get pregnant while breastfeeding, which is complete BS. and the biggest issue with breastfeeding while pregnant is making sure you are taking in enough calories and such for yourself, the nursing babe, and the fetus.
Breastfeeding can mess with your cycles, in fact I had a friend of mine (currently expecting her 8th baby - due in 7 weeks) she had her youngest, got AF back, then lost it again... and it stayed gone for 7 months or so, then she found out she was pregnant again.

I am still breastfeeding my youngest, who is nearing 13 months and I'm TTC. I will wean her when she is 2. So If I were to get pregnant in the next few months, I again would go all through pregnancy nursing a baby.

Breastfeeding causes your uterus to contract, which I suppose some people may find dangerous, but it is no more dangerous than orgasming while pregnant.. Which, what I have heard is fine, unless there is a medical condition in which you shouldn't.

In anycase, Doctors have this weird thing with liking to scare people. Mine likes to scare me with GD and C-sections. So whenever I get pregnant with #3. I may be looking for a new doctor, and she has delivered both of mine..

If in doubt, remember, your body was built to do this stuff, it knows what it's doing.

Thank you!! Everything you've said is pretty much what I've always heard...I have a lot of friends who nursed while pregnant, and just like you, tandem nursed afterwards. So I was shocked when he said that they would tell me to stop nursing if I conceived? I don't want to if I dont MEDICALLY have to.

Very true <3 I'll have to remember to tell myself that.

After delivery baby #2, my obgyn asked about birth control. I said no because we struggled to get pregnant (2.5 yrs). She agreed that we shouldn't introduce my body to anything that could interfere with ttc again. She also said that bfing is not a form of birth control and I can get pregnant. I told her if I did, we'd be fine with that and she said she hopes it happens naturally and that we will not need an intervention again. She never seemed concerned or said anything about bfing being a hazard to an unborn baby. Male drs are pretty insensitive and aren't always as knowledgeable about ttc. We're ntnp for our last baby, but unfortunately af hasn't returned. My dh and I would be thrilled to get pregnant right away and with zero intervention. I wish you the best of luck and hope you get pregnant soon.

Thank you smille! I'm so glad to be reading that my Dr. has it wrong lol. I hope you get your positive soon <3 :flower:

so I saw my gyno today and he said a few things that make me even more confused. Ugh. And maybe you guys can help me answer some questions? Idk if any of this is true but this is what

1. If I want to get pregnant I need to stop nursing my 7month old in order to bring back ovulation?
2. Once I get pregnant, they would ask me to stop nursing because breastfeeding while pregnant can cause miscarriage??
3. He said to just wait for a few months and see if it comes back and then go from there. He said taking OPKs won't do anything because I'm not getting a period/not ovulating.

Can anyone give me some advice on if what he says is true?? This is just making me more anxious that it's going to take a while to get pregnant

I haven't read all the replies after this post but I have to say you CAN absolutely get pregnant whilst breastfeeding! I was told that I couldn't get pregnant if I exclusively breastfed, which is what I was doing, since I wouldn't ovulate. What a complete load of bs! I got pregnant within weeks of giving birth. I now have a beautiful little toddler to show for this apparent lack of ovulation...
Also, I don't see why it isn't ok to keep breastfeeding whilst pregnant?!
How on earth did this doctor become qualified! X

I haven't read all the replies after this post but I have to say you CAN absolutely get pregnant whilst breastfeeding! I was told that I couldn't get pregnant if I exclusively breastfed, which is what I was doing, since I wouldn't ovulate. What a complete load of bs! I got pregnant within weeks of giving birth. I now have a beautiful little toddler to show for this apparent lack of ovulation...

Oh wow!
Yeah, I've always heard breastfeeding isn't a reliable form of birth control because of pretty much what you said lol. It just sucks that he said all of this bs because I liked him and was planning on having him deliver baby #3 but now I don't know

It really stinks looking for a new doctor... If he's otherwise been great, you can just ignore everything he told you and do whatever you like. You may find yourself in the same position again if you struggle to conceive again soon, but if you don't have trouble with tracking ovulation and AF starts coming regularly, you may not have to worry about it. That is entirely your decision! There's not really any rush to find a new doctor this very moment if that's what you decide to do, so you could always just ask around for references if you're considering it.

I thought of something last night while I was doing dishes (why?:rofl:). Telling you that you have to stop breastfeeding while pregnant is like saying you must abstain from sex during pregnancy. For some that struggle with having a healthy pregnancy and tend to experience contractions and labor far too early, their doctor may put them on pelvic rest to avoid complications. For someone completely healthy, it's perfectly okay. Even good for you!

Has this continued to be a normal AF for you? I hope things are getting back to normal so you can start tracking!

I just want to clarify a little bit at least from my own experience. Breastfeeding and a healthy pregnancy is not bad at all. However, there are serious situations in which breastfeeding could cause problems. You would know about those situations if you've had a baby before though. It mostly deals with the cervix and being at high risk of going into preterm labor. Another lady who posted is right, if you can have an orgasm then you can breastfeed during pregnancy.

Sorry if it seems a bit off topic I didn't get a chance to read the other posts yet.

Oh wow!
Yeah, I've always heard breastfeeding isn't a reliable form of birth control because of pretty much what you said lol. It just sucks that he said all of this bs because I liked him and was planning on having him deliver baby #3 but now I don't know

I can imagine. It's worrying he can say these things though! I was in total disbelief reading your post, but then I have been told the same by midwives here so... I think it makes it less likely, in many cases, but definitely isn't impossible! Of course if you're having a period each month then it isn't reliable in the slightest more so. I hope things sort themselves out for you soon

It really stinks looking for a new doctor... If he's otherwise been great, you can just ignore everything he told you and do whatever you like. You may find yourself in the same position again if you struggle to conceive again soon, but if you don't have trouble with tracking ovulation and AF starts coming regularly, you may not have to worry about it. That is entirely your decision! There's not really any rush to find a new doctor this very moment if that's what you decide to do, so you could always just ask around for references if you're considering it.

I thought of something last night while I was doing dishes (why?:rofl:). Telling you that you have to stop breastfeeding while pregnant is like saying you must abstain from sex during pregnancy. For some that struggle with having a healthy pregnancy and tend to experience contractions and labor far too early, their doctor may put them on pelvic rest to avoid complications. For someone completely healthy, it's perfectly okay. Even good for you!

Has this continued to be a normal AF for you? I hope things are getting back to normal so you can start tracking!

I think I will just end up deciding what to based on when we conceive. I might just end up not telling him that I'm still nursing if we get pregnant sooner lol.

I was actually telling my husband that the other day. Having an orgasm causes contractions as well, and if that's the case he would say not to have sex because of that reason. When I was pregnant with Noah, I had some bleeding in the first tri and was put on pelvic rest for that, but the rest of my pregnancy went smoothly!

It has. A little heavier and cramps are a little worse too but I think I'm coming up on the end of it finally. As much as I was glad to finally get it, I'm ready to see it go lol.

I just want to clarify a little bit at least from my own experience. Breastfeeding and a healthy pregnancy is not bad at all. However, there are serious situations in which breastfeeding could cause problems. You would know about those situations if you've had a baby before though. It mostly deals with the cervix and being at high risk of going into preterm labor. Another lady who posted is right, if you can have an orgasm then you can breastfeed during pregnancy.

Sorry if it seems a bit off topic I didn't get a chance to read the other posts yet.

I haven't had any issues with my cervix or preterm labor risks for either pregnancies. So it was def weird that he suggested I stop nursing if/when I become pregnant.

I can imagine. It's worrying he can say these things though! I was in total disbelief reading your post, but then I have been told the same by midwives here so... I think it makes it less likely, in many cases, but definitely isn't impossible! Of course if you're having a period each month then it isn't reliable in the slightest more so. I hope things sort themselves out for you soon

It seems as if everyone was in disbelief haha. I was in shock when he was saying those things during my visit. I had literally never heard of any of those "facts" he was telling me.

I can't say I'd blame you if you otherwise love your doctor! Heck, if it were me and I didn't want to change practices and go through all that hassle, I'd tell him I'm continuing to breastfeed unless it becomes an issue and just let him deal. :haha: What's he going to do, follow you home and pull Noah off your boob? Maybe it'll be a chance for him to see it isn't always an issue.

:rofl: id love to see that! Noah loves the boob way too much :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"