Can you see anything? FRER.

I bypassed talking to his assistant. She was was supposed to call me back before a certain time, she didn't. So I called back and told the front office people I need to keep this appointment and if it was really necessary for me to talk to my drs assistant. They told me no, it's fine and booked me for this Friday. Thank goodness. Hopefully I can figure out what the heck is going on!

Yay hope you get some answers so you can get back on track to ttc

Yay for a booked appointment! Now hopefully they'll make an effort to figure out what's going on.

Good luck on Friday I really hope that you find out what's going on :hugs:.

Hanks ladies. I'm anxiously waiting for my appointment. I hope the dr listens to me and will try to figure out what's going on! I'm going to ask about cysts as well as something to start my period because I have no idea where I am in my cycle now.

I took an ovulation test today and this came up. So it looks like I'm close to ovulation but I have no idea since I haven't gotten my period of I'm actually going to truly ovulate or not

Attachments

• IMG_7150.jpg
    IMG_7150.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 22
Hanks ladies. I'm anxiously waiting for my appointment. I hope the dr listens to me and will try to figure out what's going on! I'm going to ask about cysts as well as something to start my period because I have no idea where I am in my cycle now.

I took an ovulation test today and this came up. So it looks like I'm close to ovulation but I have no idea since I haven't gotten my period of I'm actually going to truly ovulate or not

Good luck!

Good luck with the appointment today! I hope you get some answers and can get back to a regular cycle.

so I saw my gyno today and he said a few things that make me even more confused. Ugh. And maybe you guys can help me answer some questions? Idk if any of this is true but this is what

1. If I want to get pregnant I need to stop nursing my 7month old in order to bring back ovulation?
2. Once I get pregnant, they would ask me to stop nursing because breastfeeding while pregnant can cause miscarriage??
3. He said to just wait for a few months and see if it comes back and then go from there. He said taking OPKs won't do anything because I'm not getting a period/not ovulating.

Can anyone give me some advice on if what he says is true?? This is just making me more anxious that it's going to take a while to get pregnant

That's silly... How does your gyno think women are able to tandem nurse two of their children that are different ages?

1. Women get pregnant while nursing all the time. Period. You can ovulate without ever actually having a postpartum AF. I know someone who has two children very close in age (oops!) because she wasn't aware that she could be fertile while breastfeeding and without having had a period.

2. It's possible that nursing while pregnant could cause contractions, considering nipple stimulation is one of the things many women try to get labor started. Whether or not it could cause a miscarriage is entirely dependent on the health of the pregnancy. It's possible it could, but I would say if you haven't had any problems with preterm labor in the past, I wouldn't worry about it.

3. It's possible you could have the surge without an actual ovulation, but that entirely depends on your body. I can't say I know whether or not you can physically be capable of ovulation if you haven't shed the old lining, but maybe you had a cycle where the lining just didn't build up so it didn't need to shed? :shrug:

I agree with lenora! So many women get pregnant while nursing (and continue to nurse...). Also, how does your doctor know opks are a waste of time? I think it's silly to assume you aren't ovulating just because you are nursing!!

Thanks ladies. Now I'm just confused as to when we should even start. It took us almost 6 months to conceive our son and I wasn't breastfeeding so now I'm nervous it's going to take a lot longer with this one. I'm thinking about just waiting to see if I get my period end of this month and then go from there. I'll just take the wondfo OPKs daily :/ Ugh This is just making me even more anxious lol

Everything he said just had me even more confused lol. I don't want to stop nursing unless I have to. I know mamas who nursed while pregnant and I also know mamas who got pregnant while nursing. But he made it sound like if we're trying for 4/5 months and nothing happening, they won't do anything to help unless I quit nursing.

And he main reason we were wanting to TTC a little sooner is becaus DH is going to be deployed for 6 months and we were trying to plan around when baby #3 would be closer to 1yr before he has to leave. So now I'm all nervous that if it takes a lot longer than expected to get pregnant, I'm going to be left alone with 2 toddlers and a little baby

I don't think breastfeeding will affect your fertility once it returns. I could be wrong on that, as in maybe you could skip periods/ovulation while nursing? I know there are others on here that have personal experience with this that could maybe tell you that. I'd continue with the opks and see what happens this month.

I want to say that I am no expert, so please just take my advice lightly.

1. If I want to get pregnant I need to stop nursing my 7month old in order to bring back ovulation?

You can get pregnant while breastfeeding, it's just a lot harder if you don't have a period. What he says about not ovulating while nursing is usually true. There are some cases though, where women do get pregnant without the return of their period. I would guess (only my own guess) that they caught the egg at the beginning of what would have been their first PP period. Some women also get their period while breastfeeding (myself included, 2 months pp both babies and I did/do breastfeed). If you don't mind waiting it out though, it is possible to get pregnant breastfeeding.

2. Once I get pregnant, they would ask me to stop nursing because breastfeeding while pregnant can cause miscarriage??

As far as I know it can, but very unlikely if you normally have a healthy pregnancy. I am no medical professional though. An example, since I am high risk because I give birth to premature babies, I would not breastfeed while pregnant even if I wasn't advised not to. Breastfeeding does cause minor contractions.

3. He said to just wait for a few months and see if it comes back and then go from there. He said taking OPKs won't do anything because I'm not getting a period/not ovulating.

It is true, you do need to have a menstrual cycle to ovulate. However, your cycle can return at any time while breastfeeding. It just takes awhile for it to return for most women. Also remember my answer from the previous questions in reference to this one.

You guys...tonight I started spotting :rofl:

Its light right now and kind of a brownish/dark red color but hopefully this is the start of my actual period and I can get started with tracking. It's definitely not as heavy as it normally is (At least right now) so I'm hoping it's not a fluke :/ I was getting cramps off and on today but didn't think anything of them since I had it for the last two weeks lol.

I want to say that I am no expert, so please just take my advice lightly.

You can get pregnant while breastfeeding, it's just a lot harder if you don't have a period. What he says about not ovulating while nursing is usually true. There are some cases though, where women do get pregnant without the return of their period. I would guess (only my own guess) that they caught the egg at the beginning of what would have been their first PP period. Some women also get their period while breastfeeding (myself included, 2 months pp both babies and I did/do breastfeed). If you don't mind waiting it out though, it is possible to get pregnant breastfeeding.

As far as I know it can, but very unlikely if you normally have a healthy pregnancy. I am no medical professional though. An example, since I am high risk because I give birth to premature babies, I would not breastfeed while pregnant even if I wasn't advised not to. Breastfeeding does cause minor contractions.

It is true, you do need to have a menstrual cycle to ovulate. However, your cycle can return at any time while breastfeeding. It just takes awhile for it to return for most women. Also remember my answer from the previous questions in reference to this one.

Thank you for answering mama! This is all so interesting and kind of confusing lol. I posted an update that tonight I actually started spotting so I'm hoping it means my period is finally here. Right now it's a dark brown/red color and lighter than normal but I'm hoping it's something lol.

My only concern is if I do get pregnant before my son is 1yr and I'm still nursing that I'm going to be worried about miscarriage because I'm still breastfeeding. I know it's probably not common (and honestly, never even heard of that until he said something) but it still would worry me. But I don't want to stop nursing if I don't absolutely have to. Both of my pregnancies have been healthy and not high risk so that's good...but still :/

Glad to hear some form of AF might have finally arrived! Even if it's abnormal it's a sign things are starting to return to their normal rhythm. My first period after having Mirena removed (not the same, but basically the IUD's job was to make my body think I'm pregnant so I wouldn't have a period or ovulate, right?) was very similar to what you are describing. We used condoms for a while after that since we weren't yet ttc, but I believe the next cycle was a completely normal one. Hoping you can get back on track quickly and the opks are accurate for you.

Oh, and if you didn't have any trouble with early contractions, I wouldn't worry about stopping breastfeeding unless it becomes a problem once you are pregnant. I know I wouldn't want to give that up either, and many women are able to do it successfully through their whole pregnancy. Once you're pregnant, just keep a close eye on things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->