Canadian and I know it

Kasey frustrating it is... My cycles have yet to return to my 'normal' since Mmc in October....

:hugs: Kasey. It is really hard when our bodies won't cooperate. Hopefully, you just missed the surge with your opks and you really did ovulate and catch that egg.

I miss Ontario for it's prenatal care. When my blood work with DS had come back as high risk for spina bifida my care was taken over by McMaster Children's Hospital in Hamilton and they were so awesome. They were so understanding and thorough and took the time to calm all my fears. I never once got a "it will be sad if things go wrong but oh well" like I did from my local doctors. They promised to completely take over the pregnancy if I were to cross over into high-risk territory. Fortunately, it never did and I even moved to Manitoba when 7 months pregnant.

I have yet to be impressed with Manitoba prenatal care. My OB was decent but I couldn't see him until I was 36 weeks or so. It makes me nervous for fertility treatment. The reviews for our only clinic are so-so but I can't afford to go elsewhere.

Kasey, hope you get your BFP, looks like you covered your basis. When I used opk sometimes I didn't get a true positive.

If your linked to a fertility clinic (in Ontario)I think they'll do an early scan around 6 weeks. As I'm at risk for another etopic I think I would qualify. You would think there would be more consistency across Canada.

AFM, DH a d I went for a review with our doctor to look at options should we not get our BFP this cycle. ( doing femara again). He's suggesting iui with meds and possibly injections if needed. If it doesn't work after a few tries he would recommend IVF. DH is doing another SA to see If there's been changes. DH not very open to IVF, a friend of his had a child via IVF and has cancer now so he is focused on their being a link, even though there is no proof of this. I'm torn as I feel I would take that step if we need to but don't want to pressure DH. We've been on such a roller coaster. Feeling like we may need a break from this if iui doesn't work for us.

Sunnyskies, sorry to hear things aren't going great :(. DH and I are not trying really this month (just bd every few days). If no bfp by end of August then off to the fertility clinic for testing... It's been over a year with a late (13weeks) Mmc and one chemical.... I firmly believe that with our history it is possible to get pregnant and carry to term, but nature (or my body) is taking her sweet time :wacko:

I hope you make progress ASAP
:hugs:

I've never heard of a link between IVF and cancer. A story like that would be headline news, I think. It is expensive though. If we ever came to a place where we need to make that decision we'd have to pass due to cost. Manitoba offers a 40% tax rebate on IVF but you have to pay for it up front. That is beyond us. I hope IUI is successful for you.

I thought IVF treatments were covered by healthcare? I know in QC you can get three IVF treatments for free, which is really great. Im wishing you ladies all the best, I know its not easy and I cant imagine half of the experiences youve all been through.

I am praying hard for this pregnancy to go smoothly and now that Ive accepted that Im pregnant, Im moving on to the freak out phase where i want to get all possible scans and tests done to make sure pregnancy is viable... anyways im nutz. Im going to have to wait for a bit thats for sure!

I think Quebec covers a lot more than most provinces do all around. I've found that Manitoba covers more than Ontario but it doesn't cover IVF. I looked into it while investigating what is covered in regards to miscarriage treatments (couldn't find that particular info). I know that private health insurances like Blue Cross will cover parts of the treatment depending on your level of coverage. Manitoba will still give a 40% rebate if you have private insurance but only on the amount you have to pay out of pocket/not covered by insurance.

AFM - day 2 of proper AF and day 2 is always the worst. Why are my periods so heavy? If I'm not living in the bathroom I'm spread out on the couch with DS causing destruction willy nilly. It's been like this since I was 12. Actually, it was worse when I was 12. I always bled out of my pads and that isn't a lot of fun when you're in junior high. Thank goodness I only got my period 2 or 3 times a year back then.

Starry NIght, Do you have PCOS? or endometriosis issues?

I remember being tested for PCOS as a teen and then again in my mid twenties but both times came back negative. One scan showed some small cysts but it was around the time I was ovulating so they were passed off as developing eggs. However, when I moved and switched doctors I saw on my file "PCOS". So I guess I'm borderline? :shrug: When I was a teen my hormones were imbalanced but then they self-regulated in my early twenties.

I've never been tested for endo. All I know is even the pill didn't help with making my periods lighter. After my son was born they got a little heavier again (they had tamed down after my early teen years but were still heavy) but they are regular now...if long. I'm pretty much 40 days exactly each time. Even my m/c in the fall didn't change that. Though only time will tell what will happen this time.

My periods are so clotty that I often wonder/worry that I have a clotting disorder. I think I was tested for one when I was pregnant with DS as I had a partial placenta abruption at 19 weeks. McMaster never told me exactly what they were testing for though. They just said they were seeing if I was genetically predisposed to placenta abruptions and it came back negative.

Wow Starrynight that's quite the history.... I hope it gets better for you.... I wish doctors would explain things better and just come out with what they think....

Sunny skies- I hope you get your BFP this cye so you don't have to take any further steps! It's definitely like a roller coaster ride...a long and horrible one! If a break is what you need before deciding on an iui, then take one. You have to do what feels right for you and oh. Best of luck <3

Starry night- it's sound like you've had a rough road! I hope things turn around for you and you get your BFP soon!

Sabster- wishing you all the best throughout this pregnancy! I'm sure it must be scary after experiencing a loss. I hope everything goes perfectly <3

I'm on cd 26 right now and no signs that AF is approaching. I'm fighting the urge to test since I know AF could be due anywhere from cd 28-35. I've been feeling tired and "off" this past couple of days, but I know more than likely its just my mind playing tricks on me!

Good luck Kasey!! Being tired and 'off' is my mo pre positive hpt!!

I was doing more research on Manitoba's lone fertility clinic and it seems most people go there because that's all there is. I read a lot of complaints about lack of tracking and follow-through, girls having to wait 3 months just to get blood test results, etc. I know the internet attracts the unhappy campers but it makes me nervous. Going out of province just is not an option for us. I am hoping when we see the OB in a month she will be able to do some tests for us and we can find a solution there and avoid the fertility clinic all together.

Kasey - good luck. Hope AF stays away!

I thought IVF treatments were covered by healthcare? I know in QC you can get three IVF treatments for free, which is really great. Im wishing you ladies all the best, I know its not easy and I cant imagine half of the experiences youve all been through.

I am praying hard for this pregnancy to go smoothly and now that Ive accepted that Im pregnant, Im moving on to the freak out phase where i want to get all possible scans and tests done to make sure pregnancy is viable... anyways im nutz. Im going to have to wait for a bit thats for sure!

In Ontario IVF is only covered if you have bilateral tubal issues. Not sure of the details but in my case I have one tube so I wouldn't be covered. I don't think there's any link with IVF and cancer but DH just always thought we could get pregnant naturally so it's taking a while to sink in. Maybe I should move to Quebec to have IVF covered... Lol.

Hola ladies,

So yesterday I had some spotting in the AM and I went to work anyways and I was worried. I called info sante ( phone health service) and they told me to go to the doc only if the bleeding continued. well... it continued and I left work like at 10am because I was bleeding more. We went to emercengy and I felt like SH*t and the bleeding didnt stop. They couldn't see anything on the ultrasound because it was full of blood and my HGC levels came back with 21... So i miscarried.

I have never bleed that much in such a small amount of time and it hurt so much physically. Anyways we are super super sad about it and I feel like that after 13 months of TTC and having my first pregnancy end in an MC is quite devastating. The whole experience was surreal, right out of left field. I am sad and I guess my hormones are all over the place.
I wish i could crawl into a hole and just disappear, but I can't...

Having this happen made me realize that I do want a family and that maybe I haven't done all the changes I need to make in my life.. so I'll keep working hard and I need to be happy right now in this moment, with or without a baby.

Does the bleeding count as CD 1? should I start temping now or do I have to wait for a "real" period?

I dont know if I did anything to contribute to this miscarriage, but im fuckinf traumatized. And worst is that we told our close family, you know? I know it was early only 5weeks/6weeks and its better that it happened now than later, but still...I never thought this would happen...

I feel like a fool, I got so excited and now I am crushed.

Sabaster,

Please don't feel that you in any way caused this. My doctor told me (after a Mmc at 13 weeks and a chemical - mc before 5 weeks) that there is virtually nothing you can do to cause or prevent a miscarriage. It is determined at conception that the embryo is not viable and only a matter of time... If you have a recurring issuer (3 or more) than it could be hormone imbalance or something....

I understand how sad this time is and the only advice I can offer is to hug your DH and keep the hope that you WILL one day have your family.

I also wanted to crawl into a hole and disappear. In time you will feel more like yourself but be sure to work through your feelings and experience them....bottling them up will only prolong the sadness.

As for family I found it helpful that they knew and it also meant that they knew not to make comments that might trigger tears.

Hang in there, and as much as I hated to hear this in the moment, it is now a comfort, at least you know you can get pregnant..

:hug:

Sabster, I'm so so sorry! Sending huge hugs your way <3 Life is really unfair sometimes!

Please don't blame yourself! It's nothing that you did or didn't do! I know it's hard because I struggled with guilt for a long time.

Look to your OH and family for all the love and support you need. Give yourself time to grieve and take care if yourself <3

After my mc, I waited until my first true period to start charting. Other may do it differently though.

Again, I'm really sorry Hun <3

Sabster, I'm truly sorry for your loss. There is nothing you could have done differentlly. We often feel guilty and blame ourselves as we are looking for answers. Take care of yourself, we are here for you if you need to vent.

I didn't' bleed after my etopic until 6 weeks later, so not sure if this bleed is your AF.

:hug:

:hugs::hugs: I am so sorry for your loss. It is not your fault and don't feel foolish for getting excited. I get excited every time I get a bfp and 3/4 of mine ended up with a m/c. It is good to hope for the best.

And yes, this would be considered CD1 though the m/c is not AF. You can temp but don't be surprised if this first cycle doesn't act normally. You might not even ovulate. After my first loss I bled for 10 days and my next m/c I bled for 6 weeks and this last loss I bled for 10 days again. (my 2nd angel was a twin so since I was still pregnant it didn't really follow typical m/c patterns). It took me about 4 months each time to conceive again each time which was quicker than my first pregnancy (7 months). But right now just focus on getting better and taking the time to mourn your loss.

Once again, I am so sorry for your loss. :hugs:

Thank you so much ladies! At least I am not alone and I know it will get better day by day and hopefully I will hop on the wagon of TTC-ing soon. I will temps just to not lose the "hang of it" and then we'll go from there I guess. thank you for your support I really appreciate it. I guess I couldnt have done anything to prevent it but It made me feel so little as a person...I knew it from the moment I started bleeding it was game over... But everyone is really understanding in my faily so taht's cool and hopefully we'll suceed one day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->