Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

we can't afford it Joss... paid for it with the loc :blush: but frig we need to get away!

Yeah I keep thinking about putting a trip on our LOC. :blush: Not the ideal way to go on vacation, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do while you're young and able! :shrug:

I think it's Line of Credit.. just a guess!

The cruise sounds like fun though!

Enjoy your trip :happydance:

I have my cast off and a new blue brace... 14 staples removed today. My surgeon gave me a bit of bad news :( He says I'm going to work really hard in physio and he's not happy with how stiff it is already- that's what he said last time. And if this surgery didn't work, I'm not really sure that anything else can be done :(

I also have a pressure ulcer on my arm :growlmad: It's not bad but I'd rather NOT have it

I applied to a nursing program so that I can work towards becoming an RN, and that was just Tuesday. If I can't really use my wrist, I'm not sure what I will do, or what I can do.

That would make sense Rach :haha: I'm so tired :rofl:

:hugs: Tasha I hope that the surgery and physio works to help your wrist gain more mobility

Yeah it is Line of Credit. :haha:

Tasha - I'm so sorry. :( I hope your recovery goes well though, you never know! It is quite common for a prognosis to change, and I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Awe Tasha I hope your arm gets better. Being a nurse is definately something you need both hands for. I'm keeping everything crossed for you!

Haha Vickie it took me a few mins to get LOC... We don't use credit for anything, only spend what we have, so I doubt we will ever go on vacation :haha:

Oh Tasha I am just so upset for you! It is so unfair and it must be incredibly scary not knowing if it will ever be fixed properly.

Sounds like it will be a fun trip Sara.

I'm so sorry Tasha, I hope the prognosis is wrong and you recover quickly. :hugs:

Sorry to hear about your car Maggs, glad you were able to stop safely.

:hugs: Tasha, I hope that the physio helps. :( Still want to wring the neck of the idiot driving that car. :growlmad:

:hugs: Tasha, I hope the physio works out okay for you. Have they suggested any acupuncture or similar alternative treatments for when the time is right? Maybe something to consider...

How's everyone's weekend been? I worked all weekend and went and got a huge lot of groceries on Sunday. Just the necessities to get this weekend and then Christmas. Just to work tomorrow then off for a week. No clue how I'll get there yet as car still not working. Caliper changed, new rear brake discs & pads and foot still to the floor to stop, even after brakes are thoroughly bled. Back to mechanic's tonight!

Sat was busy with Claire's party but Sunday was quite nice and relaxing. :D

That's so strange about the car! They are such a money pit eh? At times I wish I had one, but at other times I'm glad I don't as I definitely don't have the $$$ to keep up with maintenance. City transit sucks at times but at least its cheaper (for us). Plus I still have P to taxi my butt around when he's able to. :haha:

We have fairly good transit here (for a small village) but I work from point A to B to C sometimes so it's handier having a car. This other job I applied for is in the village though and for the same hours a week, it's about an extra £150/month so will be ditching the car and walking/bussing it if the weather is bad. I hate HATE having a car!!!

I hate cars and I HATE insurance companies :lol: I'm not sure when I'll ever buy a car now.

Maggs, I think the best I could get would be massage therapy for my sore shoulder. Doctors here generally don't recommend/believe in chiropractors, acupunture, etc. Just physiotherapy, pain meds, exercise, maaaaybe massage therapy, lol.

Although I could go for any of those treatments on my own, if anything happened, it puts my insurance claim etc at risk.

Yeah sometimes I really wish I didn't have all the expenses of a car either. :wacko: Just monthly payments and insurance suck. :roll: Let alone maintenance, etc. :( But all the expenses aside, I cannot imagine not having one. :nope: I love the convenience of being able to just up and go anytime, rather than wait on public transit. Not to mention dragging two kids on the bus, etc. It's alot easier putting them in my car and just going. :shrug:

yeah - even after my nightmare this weekend i kinda still love my car. Now i do have the added benefit of being married to a car guy. So most of my maintance is done by him at my home in our shop and 1/2 the cost of having it done in a garage. But he refuses to change my oil LOL so i still have to go have that done!

My US went well today :cloud9: little heartbeat flickering away. I will probably be telling family next weekend.

Ohh exciting Sara! :) I always loved telling family and friends when I was expecting. :cloud9:

Darn, I should have married a car guy. :rofl: JK

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->