Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

It is so nice being married to a mechanic! Although my car is usually the last one to get done but that's the way it goes. If I harass long enough he'll do something lol

Sara that is so exciting!!!

Glad your US went well Sara :yipee:

No car here :rofl: Wish we did have one though public transit in our area is very good. It's not ideal dragging two kids on a bus though :haha:

Oh so exciting Sara! You should make up xmas cards with an us pic for the families. Our mechanic took my car tonight and re bled the brakes and dh took it a run and all seems ok now. Will still be nervous and cautious tmr probably tho

I had a friend (actually someone i met on Bnb LOL) make me up a "im gonna be a big sister" tshirt. It has red and green owls on it. I am going to take J's picture in front of the tree wearing it :)

Not sure what the hell im gonna do about J with Santa. SHE IS OBSESSED. She wants to see NOW, she wants to sit on his knee. We see a fake santa, she wants to touch it. She cried all the way home from the park (where we saw a fake santa) because she couldn't see him. Then it dawned on me i keep telling her santa is coming... but santa comes at NIGHT :dohh: how do i explain that one to her. its hard enough explaining how he only comes one day a year LOL. Now i have to burst her bubble she'll be sleeping when he comes!

my brothers little girl was PISSED when Santa came at night and she didn't see him :haha: because of that I was very careful to tell Hannah that he only visits when she's asleep :rofl: sorry probably not much help at this point :lol:

i really just never expected her reaction to him at this age. Or the fact that she really can dwell on something - not one of those kids that you can just distract. She was crying about seeing santa, and i tried to distract about how we were going home to have a snack and what did she want for a snack.... and she basically ignored me. And continued on about santa coming. :dohh:

hahaha Sara I was just thinking about that today, Alia was talking about how Santa was going to "come over" and give her presents....hope she's not expecting to actually see Santa :lol:

We DID see him at the airport! There was a Santa just walking around the airport and he was by far the most real looking Santa ever! Alia was so excited to see him and he gave her a candy cane. She carried it around for three hours and took like 5 licks total :haha:

Oh and I wish my husband was a mechanic! That'd be handy. Or a cook, or a handyman...... What good is a farmer to me?! :rofl:

Good at rounding up sheep I suppose Melissa?!? Well DH works in Aviation Technical Records, not much good that is around here either. Good with computers I suppose...

My Mom's a nurse and Dad worked at a car parts store and knew cars inside and out so both were handy to have around! Not so handy 4000 miles away though.

Toms not a mechanic but we buy Hondas and tom can do quite a bit of the work himself.

Lol Melissa, Nathan gives you good right? I think his family owns half the county and bettween veggies and maple syrup your pretty lucky!!!

Since time works for black diamond we get cheese :haha:

P does IT Support, so I never have to worry about computer issues. Although its irritating to have him sigh and whatnot with how what is plain english to him is greek to me. :haha:

yeah tim isn't a mechanic by trade. He just builds cars for fun. Pretty handy he can do engine, interior and paint jobs LOL. He is a fabricator by trade - which makes him more handy LOL because he has a very good knowledge grasp of electrical, plumbing and he can build ANYTHING out of metal or wood. We bought a scratch and dent hi efficiancy AC unit last year for 1/4 of the cost and tim installed it himself. Which saves $$$$. He is extremely handy! the only problem is the time frame for which things get fixed in LOL. We also bought a scratch and dent furnace last year (our current 40 year old dinosaur causes us to have $300 heat bills/month in the winter!!) but its still sitting in his shop :wacko:

I never thought about that actually (Santa coming at night), but my girls seem to understand since I have always told them he comes when they're sleeping on Christmas Eve.

P is an underground utility locator. :haha: He marks out gas/phone lines before construction companies can dig in the ground. That is USELESS to me. :rofl:

:lol: Kate

Joss all we get now is peas and strawberries. Still good, but I miss when they had the produce stand and we got everything fresh in the summer. Someday I'd like to have our own little fruit/veggie garden. But you can bet it won't be my husband planting and taking care of it :rofl:
And no herding sheep maggs haha no livestock on this farm!

Sara you hubby sounds like my Dad...handy with anything and everything. Dh is very good with computers and anything technical but everything else he's pretty much an amateur. Thank goodness his best friend is an electrician :)

Yeah luckily Pete is really handy with stuff around the house (for the most part), but cars... ehhh, not so much. :haha:
But he has done a great job on our fence, re-shingling our shed, painting, putting in flagstone walkway, etc. :D

Stan is IT to and is actually pretty handy around the house BUT the way he chooses to fix stuff isn't always the way it should be done :shhh: :rofl:

lol Vickie!

Andrew is fairly handy, but tends to be pretty lazy :lol:

:rofl: Well it is true. Some of his ideas are..................interesting to say the least :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->