Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Sometimes things sit for a bit (we still don't have carpet on the bottom stairs 5 years later lol) but the important stuff usually gets done. I was a bit afraid when we were renovating the bathroom but when it got to the tub part and all he wasn't comfortable doing it (because he's never done it before) and he wanted it done right so he hired someone. I was so relieved lol

At least he's a good cook right Vickie!

Well i've got an unwell boy today. At the start of my week off too, have stacks to do to get ready for xmas. He's currently draped across my lap sound asleep. Was awake loads last night, crying and had to give him tylenol twice. All he's had for 2 weeks is I snotty nose, wonder if there's an underlying infection somewhere now.

:( Hope he feels better soon Maggs

Yes he can cook :lol: he can fix things to and it usually works lol even if it's not quite the right way :rofl:

Happy Birthday Claire! :kiss:

Me too, just managed to just get showered and dressed and kitchen somewhat back to normality. He had 1/2 applesauce and 1/2 yogurt and about two bites of cheese and that's it. Can't get him to drink anything. He had ibuprofen about an hour and a bit ago after a 39.1 temp.

Happy Birthday Claire!! :cake:

Maggs, hope he's feeling better soon!

Poor Jack :(

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today i hate my job.

Thanks girls <3

It does make me sad how our families are. I know we're seeing most of them later on today but none of them have called to wish Claire a happy birthday. :( Even if I'm going to someone's house later on that day I always call in the morning to wish them a happy birthday.

It makes me feel so sad for Claire. Its not just her though, they do that with me and P as well. :shrug:

Happy birthday Claire!!! <3

That does suck Tiff. :(

I feel like poo today. I have to stay here though, I went home early yesterday. :wacko:

:hugs: Tiff, Stan's family is like that. They may or may not even show up to kids birthday parties :roll: and they never ever remember Stan

i'll be honest, if i am going to be spending time with someone on their actual birthday, i probably wont call and wish them one before hand. Not to defend them, or say C doesn't deserve a b-day call. but im bad for that myself. But i know my mom ALWAYS calls me in the morning, and makes an effort to see me that day - so maybe im just rude :haha:

and sorry you are having a rough day at work Sara and I hope you feel better soon Kate :hugs:

I probably wouldn't call either, unless it's my parents or DH. But I certainly think it's nice for grandparents to call their grandchildren.

Why the crap day Sara?

Geez I feel like I'm online lots today, I guess that's what comes of a sick baby sleeping in my lap or cuddling with me all day.

We've been pretty lucky here as far as kids sicknesses go, so I guess we had it coming. Last week Andrew had a stomach bug and now he has a throat infection. And getting his antibiotics into him has been horrible. I finally called my mom this morning and sure enough it took her two minutes to get him to take it.

And Maggs I find myself online so much these too, because my ipad is in the living room so whenever the kids are playing happily I find myself on it.

i'll be honest, if i am going to be spending time with someone on their actual birthday, i probably wont call and wish them one before hand. Not to defend them, or say C doesn't deserve a b-day call. but im bad for that myself. But i know my mom ALWAYS calls me in the morning, and makes an effort to see me that day - so maybe im just rude :haha:

My family doesn't really do phone calls either... but it's all of us that don't do it haha...and Nathan's family barely even celebrates birthdays, so I'd be shocked if someone did call haha.

Yeah tbh, if I am seeing someone later in the day I don't usually call in the morning either. :blush: In fact, I don't always call in the morning period (especially if its a work day) since mornings are insane for me. :( I usually call after supper and thats just immediate family and close friends.

Definitely different for friends etc, but not going to lie, it makes me sad that she hasn't had one happy birthday phone call today. My parents came over, so did MIL and SIL and spent the time they were here talking amongst themselves rather than spending any time with her.

I mainly played with her and kept wishing her a happy birthday. Its all good if other people don't do that, but it makes me sad for my own situation. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->