Canadian TTC Buddy??

Hi all, I haven't been on for a week or so now. I'm CD 13 and this month I'm not charting or BBT, but I'll admit to checking my CM every other day.

Mia Evan, I'm coming upon my TWW and I'm also TTC #1. I'm crossing my fingers for us all, and it's nice to see the same people coming back after getting AF last month. Having someone out there going through the same thing to talk to is great.

Canadadiva, welcome!

medic76097, I too am a shift worker, a nurse, and night shifts really put a damper of BD with your DH works days Mon-Fri. Sometimes it's hard to expect him to perform when I'm ready and not asleep or at work. Is anyone else finding their DH stressed during this time? Mine doesn't say much, but I think he's stressed..... :S

Lilosmom, so glad to see you dropping in! And an appleseed already! You must be so excited, I look forward to seeing the little one grow and keep us updated!

I wanted to see or hear peoples thoughts, ideas, or experiences surrounding adoption...My DH and I have begun talking about the what if's and with infertile couples on both sides of the family and adoptive relatives we began talking about the idea of applying now, since the interprovincial wait time is around 11 years. Would love to know your thoughts, comments, etc!

Thanks!

medic76097, I too am a shift worker, a nurse, and night shifts really put a damper of BD with your DH works days Mon-Fri. Sometimes it's hard to expect him to perform when I'm ready and not asleep or at work. Is anyone else finding their DH stressed during this time? Mine doesn't say much, but I think he's stressed..... :S

Hi! Im a Medic, obvious by the name I think. DH works a regular job now, but up until about a month ago he worked out of town for weeks at a time. This month is our first real shot at trying. FXed. I dont think that he is stressed out at all. Mind you, I have just started to slowly let him in on all the tests and CM checking and such that I have been doing for the last three or four months. Hes interested in the OPKs that I have been doing and comments on them looking darker or lighter and he asks quesstions if he has them. Hes actually really excited for everything. Im pretty lucky. Maybe if your DH is stressed, take him on a man-date. lol If mine is feeling crappy I usually take him out for some pub food and a sports event or a walk around the hardware store. Kinda silly but it seems to work.
As far as adoption, Im all for it. I would love to have the experiance of being pregnant, but I dont think that you need to carry a child inside of you to make it yours. Some people feel that a child that is carried by you is more a part of you I think. Honestly, I think that a child will end up with your character, your morals and your personality regardless of it starting life in our body. DNA and eye color are a pretty great thing to pass on to a child that is genetically yours but my personal feeling is that its not the color of your eyes that makes you who you are. I was a nanny for 4 years before getting my medic licence and the kids were 2 and 6 when I started with them. I had them for 60 plus hours a week for four years and at the end I could see parts of me that I had passed on, just by interacting with them all the time. Even their parents would comment "Im not sure where he got that, its not from us... must have been from Amanda" lol I respect everyones choice though. I think that if its right for you, then go for it. 100 percent and enjoy it!

Hi Ladies! Its nice to find some fellow Canadians! I live in Calgary, enjoying the great weather today. I'm 35 and ttc #1.
Welcome!! Totally jealous! We used to live in Calgary till last year. I cant complain about the weather way up north though. Its been a pretty mild winter. How long have you been TTC??

Welcome to the thread canadadiva :) I'm also TTC #1...

Hi Medic! I have been ttc seriously since November, got pregnant right away but had a mc at about 5 weeks, 4 days before xmas. We have just started trying again so we will see what happens! How about you? How long?

Thanks Mia! How long have you been trying?

Hi Ladies! How is everyone doing? I've been busy my end.... in the TWW right now... 10DPO. *sigh*
Hi canadadiva - I'm in Calgary, too! Glad to see another one in here![/QUOTE

Philomena, so nice to see another Calgarian on here! :flower:

Hey everyone, no baby for me this cycle. We've decided not to waste time and are going in to the fertility clinic this week. DH's swimmers are 'Rockstar' to quote the family doctor, but we can't seem to get any results. I'm worried I am not ovulating properly and at least at the clinic they will do all the testing we need to determine if there is anything to fix with me. *sigh*
Snowy in Calgary today matched my mood.

Hey everyone, no baby for me this cycle. We've decided not to waste time and are going in to the fertility clinic this week. DH's swimmers are 'Rockstar' to quote the family doctor, but we can't seem to get any results. I'm worried I am not ovulating properly and at least at the clinic they will do all the testing we need to determine if there is anything to fix with me. *sigh*

Glad to hear that your taking some steps to get some answers for yourself. Thats great.

For everyone else... How was your Valentines day?? Any good surprises??

I'm sorry to hear that. I was wondering if you need a referral from your family doc to go to the fertility clinic? My doc told me that we have to try for 6 months with no luck before we can go?

This is our second month trying. I'm 10 dpo today and just hoping and hoping that AF doesn't show up. I don't have high hopes though bc I have NO SYMPTOMS :( Other than bloating, I don't feel any different than usual...

Hi Ladies! Its nice to find some fellow Canadians! I live in Calgary, enjoying the great weather today. I'm 35 and ttc #1.
Welcome!! Totally jealous! We used to live in Calgary till last year. I cant complain about the weather way up north though. Its been a pretty mild winter. How long have you been TTC??

Welcome to the thread canadadiva :) I'm also TTC #1...

Hi Medic! I have been ttc seriously since November, got pregnant right away but had a mc at about 5 weeks, 4 days before xmas. We have just started trying again so we will see what happens! How about you? How long?

Thanks Mia! How long have you been trying?

Hi girls...a few more days an I will be able to test!! I have them under my cupboard and it is killing me to not poas!!!! Having lots of symptoms..of course I was last month too..lol:winkwink: I don't know if I can hold off until Saturday!!!!! Going crazy!

This is our second month trying. I'm 10 dpo today and just hoping and hoping that AF doesn't show up. I don't have high hopes though bc I have NO SYMPTOMS :( Other than bloating, I don't feel any different than usual...

No symptoms doesn't mean you are out...I did not have 1 with my DD! Good luck hun!

Hi girls,
It's nice to see fellow canadians on here! I live in Ottawa.
Today am at 10dpo and so far the only symptoms I have are twinges that come and go. i had period like cramps last night and early this am. I also have frequent bloating but that is not so uncommon for me. I of course tested (for the last three days ) and got BFNs. I am so impatient! This is my second pregnancy, I had a misscariage (blithed ovum) back in august.
Baby dust to all of us here!

Hang in there! And my last pg didn't have lots of symptoms....every pg is different I think! Good luck!

Hi girls...a few more days an I will be able to test!! I have them under my cupboard and it is killing me to not poas!!!! Having lots of symptoms..of course I was last month too..lol:winkwink: I don't know if I can hold off until Saturday!!!!! Going crazy!

Hi Everyone!

I from Canada as well, and TTC #1 for 4 years. Ive been diagnosed with PCOS so its been a struggle to just get my periods on track. Some months they show, and others they dont for months and months. I was put on Metformin a couple months ago, and im using provera when my period doesnt come on its own. I had a follow up appointment last week and was prescribed Clomid. Im really hoping for some positive news on this. We shall see. Looking forward to chatting with you ladies :)

Hi jhsislandgirl, for some reason i cannot reply to your message. Would love to chat.

I'm sorry to hear that. I was wondering if you need a referral from your family doc to go to the fertility clinic? My doc told me that we have to try for 6 months with no luck before we can go?

Yes, we needed a referral to get into the fertility clinic... we fibbed a bit and said we had been trying for a little longer than we actually had been... but I'm a bit older so we get pushed along a little faster anyways. The first meeting was good. DH has rockstar swimmers so problem might be on my end. I have 5 different tests to do before our next appt. To check hormones and whether I am actually ovulating and to check my tubes etc to make sure there's no issue there. fx .... we are avoiding trying at the moment until some of these tests are finished. *sigh*

I have great news to share with you ladies! I got my :bfp:!! :happydance:

I managed to not test until I was 3 days late for my period (I don't know why I didn't test sooner, I guess I just didn't want to be disappointed and every day that passed without AF gave me confidence).

If my ovulation date was accurate (I only tracked it on a calendar bc my cycles are very consistent and predictable), then I'm 17 days along! DH and I are so excited for our first! :yipee:

I managed to not test until I was 3 days late for my period (I don't know why I didn't test sooner, I guess I just didn't want to be disappointed and every day that passed without AF gave me confidence).

If my ovulation date was accurate (I only tracked it on a calendar bc my cycles are very consistent and predictable), then I'm 17 days along! DH and I are so excited for our first! :yipee:

Yeaaaaaaaa!!!
Congrats!! That's :bfp: #2 for us Canadian ladies!!!

Congratulations Mia! So happy for you! Send along tips for us compulsive POASers :)

Hello again ladies,
So this morning am a little bit confused. I am on CD28 today and AF is not supposed to show up until saturday or tomorrow night. This am I work up with this ''wet'' cm (sorry if tmi), white clear and creamy but def. not sticky. I don't remember this happening with my last pregnancy (ended in mc at 11 weeks). I also have this on and off cramps , have had them for close to ten days now. Yesterday I had a BFN and today am just trying to wait it out and not test but it's so hard, I am so much hoping for a BFP !! Does any of you notice big changes in cm right before af?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->