Cannot believe they called my LO "weird"

He is only 16 weeks old I don't think I will be meeting up with them again it's really hurt my feelings

He doesn't nap well think it's because he is so nosey lol he sleeps for 30 minutes at atime and has about 3/4 of these he usually wakes up a little grumpy but after a quick cuddle he is usually really happy so I don't really see a problem and as for STTN I would rather him wake if he was hungry

Guess my LO is a freak too :shrug:

Ugh. Some people, I swear! Babies of 3 months old should NOT be sleeping through the night. Some do on their own but if women are expecting their babies to STTN then they may try to encourage STTN and that is NOT recommended.

My 8 month old doesn't sleep well in the day, be proud to have a curious intelligent baby!

thats just rude I'd never call someones baby weird now matter how close I was to them. Your child is not weird, Kellan doesn't sleep through the night either, I just tell people its cause he misses his mummy so much he wants cuddles :lol:

People are so rude - someone called Imogen 'bizarrely self-contained' once. I just ignored the comment, as they are attachment parenting their (monstrously selfish and attention seeking) daughter, and we are not. But it did seem like a really rude thing to say to someone about their child.

That's the last time I'd speak to them again.

When I first had Emma I was very naive, didn't know anyone with babies aside from a few people. One 'friend' constantly made catty comments, I let it slide cos I just wasn't as 'strong' as I am now but needless to say we don't speak anymore. If she said anything to me now though like she used to I'd tell her where to go!

Lo is not a baby anymore, she is actually 16 months old and she has no routine in the day when it comes to naps at all (and never has). Personally I just let her sleep when she wants too, sometimes she will have a nap in the morning which will see her through till her bedtime and sometimes she won't nap until the afternoon. The way I see it is if shes tired she will sleep, if not then why try to make her. :shrug:

I also have a friend with a baby around the same age, she has always insisted that she was to have set naps from a very early age. When I look at them LO seems alot more laid back and really just a happier baby. I'm not saying this is the deciding factor in it, just that what works for some doesn't for others.

She has had a routine during the night though and also has slept through since 6 weeks, but not because I have done anything 'special' just because she fell into that routine herself.

Personally I would just ignore them as as long as you and baby are happy that is all that matters. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->