Can't admit to anyone else...

Memma you need that time off. A month is actually very little when you are constantly nauseas, sore, exhausted and anxious. And growing a person! I am just like you in that I don't want to upset people even if they aren't my friends. I totally agree that "who cares about them" they are not your mates but I know I would also be feeling sensitive about them getting annoyed. It's crazy logic! But you've got to stay in your comfort zone.

I also understand about you feeling like you were piling it on at the doc and so didn't mention gender anxiety but that's ok cause you got the time off work and as soon as you have your private scan you can deal with any gender issues with your doc then.

SIL I am useless with scans so I have no clue! But that's quite a few girl votes so yipee!!

Thanks for your guesses everyone. I really really hope it's a girl. I just booked my gender scan for Saturday January 14 at 9 am. Three and a half weeks to go...hopefully the holidays help the time pass.

The waiting is bullshit isn't it ... mine is the 10th so just a few days before yours. Hoping for another girl really, though I hope I won't be upset if it's a boy ...

Good luck meep! The waiting is definitely awful. I'll be thinking of you. I'm sure I'd be ok in time if it were a boy but this is our last baby and it'd be so hard to lose the dream of raising a girl.

Which is why I'd feel so silly to be disappointed if it turned out I was having a boy, as then I'd have one of each, so I wouldn't miss out on raising either gender ... and all the while, there are people out there who are completing their families and therefore won't have the chance to raise the gender that they want, which is way worse than what I would experience.

I just really want another girl. :S I know I'd be very satisfied with a boy in the end though. I guess it's just fear of the unknown ... I know how to raise a girl. I've no idea about boys!

Good luck! I hope you get the gender you want! :)

Just got my bfp today! So excited but already thinking "I hope it's a girl, please be a girl" just like you momma! After 3 boys I hope we both get our pink bumps

Congratulations on your bfp! Hoping for your pink bump :)

Just got my bfp today! So excited but already thinking "I hope it's a girl, please be a girl" just like you momma! After 3 boys I hope we both get our pink bumps

Congrats on your bfp lovely, I can totally relate to your instant hopes of it being a pink bundle. I was exactly same when we got our bfp this time after our three boys xxx

The wait is the worst ladies but you're so nearly there now, hoping for everyone's news of pink ones xxx

We had our 20week scan today, after waiting for what felt like forever to get to 16weeks for our gender scan it now feels like this pregnancy is going really quickly.

Memme, I hope you're feeling ok lovely - I've been thinking of you :hugs: ..

Congrats on your bfp lovely, I can totally relate to your instant hopes of it being a pink bundle. I was exactly same when we got our bfp this time after our three boys xxx

The wait is the worst ladies but you're so nearly there now, hoping for everyone's news of pink ones xxx

We had our 20week scan today, after waiting for what felt like forever to get to 16weeks for our gender scan it now feels like this pregnancy is going really quickly.

Memme, I hope you're feeling ok lovely - I've been thinking of you :hugs: ..

Hope your scan went well xxxx

Thank you everyone and OMG congratulations Mrs H, that's amazing news..!
(But yes, that was one of my first thoughts on getting my BFP too - especially since this pregnancy wasn't even planned!)

I've been horribly depressed the last few days. My partner finished work early on Tuesday and has taken the rest of the week off because I'm just a mess really. Not just because of 'this', it's just everything and I feel terrible because I'm being SUCH an a***hole to him too (and he tells me so!).
I completed an online self-referral for counselling yesterday so I guess I'll just wait to hear from them in the next couple of weeks.

At least my scan is a week tomorrow.

I'm sorry to hear that Mem! Take care of yourself and your bubba. Hopefully you hear some very exciting news at your scan next week which gives you some joy! xx

Congrats MrsH xx

Thinking of you Mem. One more week! I will be counting it down :)

MrsH I remember you from one of the other boards and how fabulous on your BFP! I am sure you must already be counting the days till you find out boy/girl. I shalll follow your countdown too!

Thank you everyone.

Yes Danny pop I remember you from the other boards. 😉

My fingers are crossed for you momma. Hopefully the next week will go fast for you. We are here with you. I hope your feeling better and where ableti enjoy a nice Christmas.

I guess I should start a new thread too but I think it's to soon.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

We've had a very busy few days but the Christmas celebrations/gatherings have now finally finished!
All of that did make the days go quicker but we now have a quiet couple of days until the scan, which will probably make it drag..!

I have this strange sense of calm about it now though. At the moment, the feelings of 'please please please be a girl' seem to have subsided into more of a 'I just hope they can see properly and be able to tell me either way'.
I feels that is probably just self preservation at this stage; something is still secretly lurking I think as I've had terrible insomnia the last 3 or 4 nights (it's currently 04.53 and I've been awake an hour and a half).

I guess we'll see how I feel on the day...

Good luck Memma! Thinking of you. How many days till your scan now? I forget what day it's on. 17 days to go for me

It's less than 48 hours away!
Its now Wednesday evening, and the scan is on Friday morning (10.20 UK time)

It's coming so fast! I really can't wait to hear how it goes, Memma. We will all be here to celebrate with you or support you with hugs and shoulders to cry on. I really really hope (and have a gut feeling) you have a girl in there

Hi ladies, do you mind if I join you?

Can I ask you ladies if anyone ever thought it's better to wait to the birth to find out the sex?

I'm terrified of knowing for sure that I'm having another girl!

I feel like I really cannot cope not knowing lol. I have no patience at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->