• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can't admit to anyone else...

YEY!!!! Memma massive huge congratulations to you!!!! I'm so so happy for you! What amazing news :cloud9:

Three men and a little lady just like me x

It's given me hope that mine's a girl too, as mine's nub was even flatter than yours! :D

Omg!!! Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for you!!! I am so hoping we have the same luck. I have my doubts but I am only 4.5 weeks...I can't wait to hear about all your prepping for her arrival!

Yay men a congratulations!!

Confirms for me that literally everyone else gets the gender they want! Lol

Oh my goodness!!!!! :yipee:

I just got back from holiday with no wifi so have been dying to get online and see your result!!!! Yay!!!!! You have been through so much emotionally that this is just too wonderful for words.

Finally you can relax and get stuck into this pregnancy with delight and excitement and start shopping and planning and celebrating!!! Hopefully this will cure your aches and pains a bit ;)

Hi to all the new joiners. So glad we can be here to support you all.

I have my 21 week scan on Friday and I know I am being ridiculous but I am so nervous that her bits will have changed! I cannot believe how intensely I have bonded with this baby as a girl and how she is making my dreams come true already. I thought by now I would definitely be confident about the gender but I guess it's always going to be that whole too good to be true until she is in my arms and I can see her vag with my own eyes!!! :haha:

See her vag with my own eyes lol; I laughed out loud at that lol

I forgot to ask memma did you sway for a girl?

12 more days until my elective gender scan. I'm going nuts over here. We did a mild sway and I have everything crossed for girl. Time is dragging.

Yay Dannypop you're back! Thank you!

We have already bought a few girl things, which is terrible because I really should wait until the 20 week scan but I just couldn't help it..!

I was just staring at the screen squealing 'oh my god there's 3 lines!'
She had her legs tightly together for a long while at first, and I thought that was my kharma for trying to be cocky and book it early. The Tech was lovely though and said she'd keep trying. She looked from a few different angles to check there was no penis 'tucked away' and was fairly confident it's a girl. She did advise to wait until the 20 week scan before I buy anything, but was 99% sure.
The difference in the potty shot from 12+6 was incredible, so I told her I'd take the responsibility upon myself because I was so convinced by the difference in that alone..!

We didn't sway for a girl. We had planned to later this year, but this pregnancy was a 'surprise' (i.e. unplanned, haha!) so we didn't get a chance...

It was so lovely to tell everyone and see their reactions. I still can't get my head around it though, I still keep saying 'the baby' as it's just not natural for me to say 'she'...!
Having said that, I've been up in the loft to sort out all my little boys baby clothes to sell and it's made me a little sad :-(

12 more days until my elective gender scan. I'm going nuts over here. We did a mild sway and I have everything crossed for girl. Time is dragging.

We will be watching this space for your update!!!

Mem I also couldn't resist buying a few things after my 13 week scan and felt like SUCH a fraud amongst the pink and frills! Then after my 17 week scan even though my doc wouldn't confirm the gender I went nuts at the shops. Like you, seeing that potty shot and flat nub was so obvious for me after the boys. And that one scan pic of yours from 12 weeks with the leg up did look like a bulge so you must have been EXTRA excited to see such a development and flattening out!!

So wonderful that the sonographer was so lovely about looking carefully for you. I know that was one of your biggest concerns. Not wanting to nag them or have someone who was grouchy about how it's not possible to get the shots you wanted.

Every time I say "she" when referring to my baby I feel like I am pushing my luck and that it's not my reality to claim.

I have also cleaned out the boys clothes and kept the gender neutral things (of which I have about 3 huge boxes!) but I will only give them away once baby is born. Juuuuuust to be extra cautious.

Haha you are much more cautious than me..! There were some white/cream bits in amongst it too which I've kept even though they're arguably a bit boy-ish...
I'm glad it's not just me with the shopping thing though - I felt completely overwhelmed by the girly
things! Boys are easy but girls have so much variety that I had no idea where to start, what goes with what, etc... and then I see pics of other peoples baby girls on Facebook etc looking so pretty and think 'how do you do that?!'
My boy had so many clothes - this poor girl will probably jusy have the basics as I can't cope with the pressure of choosing things!

The tech was in a bad mood when we first went in (OH had heard her talking about work problems to the receptionist while we were waiting), and when she looked at my notes, told us we are too early. I explained the situation and then once we started she seemed to be fine, thank goodness!

It's all just so surreal this time, the whole thing.... How many weeks are you now Danny? I'm 16 tomorrow but have an anterior placenta so still not feeling any movements or anything :-( . Maybe that'll help...

I live in Canada and just got told my first scan is feb 10th. I will be 11 and a half weeks. Then will wait another 8 weeks for a 20 week scan which I will find out if we are having a girl. It seems like so long from now.. however will I cope with the wait 😢

Hi ladies! Haha Danny see her vag....that tickled me and sounds exactly like me too! Although since our 20week scan where I got them to doubl and triple check again that she is defo a she I've started to allow myself to get excited now!!!
I've booked myself a table at Ann early new sale where I will be selling all of my boys things and I finally went shopping for the first time this week for some girl things. But very much like you Memma I had no idea where to start!! I've always cooed over all the girls clothes but when I was actually stood amongst them to buy I felt like a total fish out of water...it was rediculous haha! I literally came away with some bibs and two little dresses, I think I need further practice.
I've been worrying a lot lately as I'm 22 weeks now and I still feel very little of any movement from day to day, I also have an anteria plancenta but I've never had one before. Can this make a big difference in feeling the movement or should it not by now?! I've got my midwife appointment today so I will be quizzing her on it too.
SIL we are all here with you and anxiously await your update xxxx

Hi ladies! Haha Danny see her vag....that tickled me and sounds exactly like me too! Although since our 20week scan where I got them to doubl and triple check again that she is defo a she I've started to allow myself to get excited now!!!
I've booked myself a table at Ann early new sale where I will be selling all of my boys things and I finally went shopping for the first time this week for some girl things. But very much like you Memma I had no idea where to start!! I've always cooed over all the girls clothes but when I was actually stood amongst them to buy I felt like a total fish out of water...it was rediculous haha! I literally came away with some bibs and two little dresses, I think I need further practice.
I've been worrying a lot lately as I'm 22 weeks now and I still feel very little of any movement from day to day, I also have an anteria plancenta but I've never had one before. Can this make a big difference in feeling the movement or should it not by now?! I've got my midwife appointment today so I will be quizzing her on it too.
SIL we are all here with you and anxiously await your update xxxx

I had that with my second. This stops the feeling of movement a lot but a few more weeks and you will feel it a lot, little one just needs to get bigger and gain some strength. It's totally normal. let ya know how your appointment goes

Oh Mem it is so surreal isn't it?! I am 21 weeks and also have an anterior placenta this time. I first felt taps at 17 weeks but then if it was immediately followed by a fart I would put it down to digestive movement! I would only feel a few a day. Then at 18 weeks I would get proper taps and prods and literally last night when I was lying down I could see my belly push out whenever she kicked! I now feel her throughout the night.

I wouldn't worry though Loub as my anterior placenta may be slightly to the side whereas yours may be blocking more of the front for e.g. Also if you've seen DH's legs you will understand! He was a professional rugby player so his thighs are as wide as my waist! Baby probably has his kicking strength!

I have my 21 week anatomy scan in a few hours! Like you Loub I will only relax and start to be excited once they confirm for me today. Mem I am sure you will also be going through the whole disbelief, is this really true worry over the next few months till you have your 20 weeks scan so we are here for you to vent! Only because of all the stories we google where ladies tell of their girls who turned boy at 20 weeks. I have been paranoid!

Aw MrsH it does feel interminable to wait so long but it does go quite quickly and we are right here to chat to while you wait. I check in every day.

Ok lovelies, will post a few pics later today after my scan! So excited!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->