Can't admit to anyone else...

I think I'm going actually crazy.
One minute I feel like I'm becoming rational and thinking 'so what if it's a boy?!'. I can feel myself levelling out and realising how amazing my 1 year old boy is and how much I love him, and that I can't do anything about it if it's another boy anyway so why stress about it....

The next minute I'm trawling the internet for potty shots again, trying to work out if there's a chance it could still be a girl with what I saw between the legs a couple of days ago, and trying to find out if it'll be clear at 15+1 or if I'm still not going to know then...!

At the end of the day, it will be your baby whatever and you won't be able to help but love it when it arrives, whether it is a boy or a girl. That's just human nature.

You are obviously desperate to experience raising a little girl, and that's FINE, and it's also fine to be devastated if it does turn out to be a boy - it's nothing to do with the baby itself, just the death of that dream. It IS upsetting not to have what you want so much, and not to have any control over it whatsoever.

As everyone keeps saying though, I do think it's looking good for a girl. :D

OMG Jessica you're so lucky...!
Some 'professionals' are so dismissive and it can be so dangerous. I think some of that attitude is caused by time-wasters etc, but still - that doesn't mean everyone should be treated as such.

I just keep thinking of Dannypop's potty shot that was completely flat, no protrusion at all... I don't know exactly what gestation that was taken though, perhaps you can enlighten me Danny..?
I'll upload the pics when I can get stupid Photobucket to work.

Hi hun, just catching up with the thread. Haven't finished reading till the end but had to jump straight in to answer your Q. Have been thinking of you!

My potty shot was taken at the 13 week nuchal scan but it was done by a doctor and the machines are super high-tech so that is why it was so clear. She also said that my baby had matured quite quickly so it was easy to spot.

Ok gonna read the rest of the thread and get back to you on what I see in the pics!

Sorry Mem, really don't want to get your hopes up but that nub is totally flat and girly. Please try post the potty shot too!!

I STILL spend hours googling nub and potty shots. I am not going to believe girl until my baby is born.

Had a bonus scan yesterday as I was admitted into casualty for chronic headaches. Couldn't function and we are on holiday! Bad timing. But due to my raised temp they had to scan me to check baby was ok. The doctor at A&E was quite keen to do the scan cause she obviously doesn't do many so she enjoyed it as much as I did. So I felt comfortable asking her to look between the legs and she said nope no dangly bits.

Oh gosh Danny, is everything OK now..? Is your temperature under control, did they find a cause for it..?
Excellent news about the scan though, are you believing it a bit more now...? :)

I am really beginning to believe that the nub is girly BUT it's just what I saw between the legs that's making me doubt and think it's a boy. The very first time she looked between the legs I swear I saw 3 lines and got all excited, then she said 'yes but it all depends on angle', repositioned the probe and lo and behold, there was only two lines and something sticking out..!
Even she said it looks more like developing boy-bits than swollen girl bits, as it was quite 'tubular' and prominent. I asked if there would be a scrotum there too if it was a boy (as I couldn't see one), and she said no not yet...
If I hadn't seen that I'd be starting to believe it might be a girl, now I just keep telling myself it can't be (despite the Nub) because it looked so penis-like..!
Were you measuring exactly 13 weeks at your scan..? Yours was so different and flat, and I was only 1 day behind when you had yours :-(

I'll upload the two pics but they're a very strange angle...!

So I think that's one bent leg sticking up (only because you can just about make out the foot/toes on the end), and the other leg isn't shown/in the picture. Central in both pictures is the 'prominence'..!

https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/mumtotwins/6B07BFCA-8B80-4682-A166-82BD09F7E284_zpsnjjnjgac.jpeg

https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/mumtotwins/CB501470-1065-43DB-B243-564AD6D3FE47_zpsubq6gsv4.jpeg

I wouldn't lose hope yet. From what I have seen in pictures, the genitals of girls and boys start out basically the same, but for one the nub gradually shrinks down and for the other, it extends to become a willy lol. It doesn't shrink into a totally recognisable girl's bottom until later on, so the fact that it's still protruding a bit doesn't mean it's definitely a boy!

I'm guessing everyone thinks that looks like a boy and doesn't want to say..! Haha!
It's OK, you can say - I think it does too ;-)

I swear 100%, I wouldn't make any guess based on that as they are still similar at this stage apart from the angle of the dangle lol.

Based on the side view I am still saying girl. :D

Girls and boys seriously look almost exactly the same at this gestation.

Here is the m vs f difference at 11 weeks; only one week before your scan (I couldn't find one at 12 weeks)

https://i65.tinypic.com/20ii6s.jpg

I definitely think you have a good chance of a little girl in there!

Yes I have seen that website but the picture of the 13 week female fetus on there is much flatter (and I was only one day off 13 weeks..)
And again, I just keep thinking of Dannypop's potty shot! (Were you exactly 13 weeks at yours or closer to 14..?).

I've posted my nub shots on a few 'expert' Facebook pages and everyone is saying girl and that apparently a clear Nub shot is over 90% accurate after 12+4... but I'm still really doubtful.

My next scan honestly can't come quick enough, I wish I had the money to have another one before that because it's actually driving me mad now.

It is angled down so looks flatter, but it is still definitely protuberant ...

I've just read through the whole thread and decided I should comment :)
I'm 18weeks pregnant with our second and we both desperately wanted a little girl (we already have a 17month old son).
As we were so anxious about the gender we booked a private gender scan for 14+6 but also studied the nub theory in depth! Lol. As soon as we went in for our 12week scan and saw the nub we both said boy, I thought I'd be really upset but I didn't really feel anything apart from relief that the baby was happily kicking away in there.

My partner kept saying it still might be a girl right up until our private scan haha bless him, I was really relaxed going it to it as I feel the nub shot gave me time to prepare.
It was confirmed 100% another boy, no suprises there.

Even though we originally only wanted 2 children we are considering going overseas for ivf gender selection(it's illegal here) if we do decide to have another in the future.

I will post my scan pictures but looking at the last nub shots posted in this thread(sorry I can't remember your username) I would give you a girl guess.

Thank you, I'd love to see your nub shots if you wouldn't mind..! Also was the genetalia completely clear at 14+6..?
Thank you for your post :)

14+6

Attachments

• received_10208022125526702.jpg
    received_10208022125526702.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 16
Thank you, I'd love to see your nub shots if you wouldn't mind..! Also was the genetalia completely clear at 14+6..?
Thank you for your post :)

Very clear :)
Just trying to adjust file size so it will upload

Yes Jessica I know, they routinely do a 'potty shot' and confirm gender at 12/13 weeks in some countries - that's why I'm convinced it must be boy bits, from comparing some of those.
Your attachments won't load :-(

It's 12 days until my next scan and it seems so far. Everything is running through my head like 'what if they still can't tell?'
I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow to review how I am physically (discuss if I'm fit to work yet etc), so I think I might mention it to her - if there's time after all the physical stuff is out the way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->