Can't admit to anyone else...

ok for 12+6 the nub theory is quite accurate, it would be better if you had another pic to ensure that thats the right angle of nub but that definitely looks like a girl nub, i will be surprised if you are told boy.

ok for 12+6 the nub theory is quite accurate, it would be better if you had another pic to ensure that thats the right angle of nub but that definitely looks like a girl nub, i will be surprised if you are told boy.

others have said the same :wacko: 3 days to go and it will drag!

I am not finding out in the room. My husband will know then on the way home we will stop at a shop, he is going to buy an outfit in either blue or pink and then bring it to me in the car. If i need to cry at least i will be in my car, lol. I hope that even if it is blue the size of the outfit will make me smile. I am so nervous.

oh that is so sweet! How many weeks will you be? I had the intention of getting sonographer to put it in an envelope for me to open at home for the same reasons however when i booked a second scan to look at the nub she went straight to potty area and said straight away it was a girl and kept looking and assuring me its definitely a girl but i was just under 14 weeks i hope she was right cos i cant even begin to imagine how i'll react after spending weeks thinking girl for it to be a boy. But im sure i'll manage. Make sure you get them to give your hubby a potty shot cos if they say girl you wont believe them you will want to check x

oh that is so sweet! How many weeks will you be? I had the intention of getting sonographer to put it in an envelope for me to open at home for the same reasons however when i booked a second scan to look at the nub she went straight to potty area and said straight away it was a girl and kept looking and assuring me its definitely a girl but i was just under 14 weeks i hope she was right cos i cant even begin to imagine how i'll react after spending weeks thinking girl for it to be a boy. But im sure i'll manage. Make sure you get them to give your hubby a potty shot cos if they say girl you wont believe them you will want to check x

i will be 20+5..... it has been a long wait. I will make sure i get a potty shot, i did with my last and there was no denying he was a boy, lol. I am sure your little one is a girl. its very rare they get it wrong.

I keep playing to scene in my head, opening the bag and seeing blue. Trying to imagine how i feel but i cant. Oh well, not long now.

I know the desire for pink when you have all boys i had 3 boys before i had my first girl so i wouldnt say this lightly but you have a very girly nub i think you will get your girl i just wish you had more than 1 pic as i would feel more confident saying that to you x

I know the desire for pink when you have all boys i had 3 boys before i had my first girl so i wouldnt say this lightly but you have a very girly nub i think you will get your girl i just wish you had more than 1 pic as i would feel more confident saying that to you x

Thank you :hugs: i will update on thursday, until then i will be going mad in my head! no one around me understands how i feel so i kinda have to deal with it alone. x

oh i totally understand the insanity and cant wait for your update!

I think u r defo doing the right thing trying to convince yourself it's a boy. Hopefully that will soften the blow if it is! I posted my 12+2 pictures on here and out of about 10 guesses I only had 1 boy guess. Everyone else said girl. I then had it in my head I was defo having a girl and when the sonographer said boy I honestly felt like I had been punched in the stomach. I didn't even realise how much I wanted another girl until I was told it was a boy! I think if I had got it in my head it was a boy I would have been able to deal with it better. I found out I was having a boy 5 weeks ago and although I'm not feeling as bad about it as I did initially, I still get moments where I just can't picture a boy in my life. It's mainly when people tell me I must be delighted to be getting 1 of each because that's the perfect combination. At those moments I feel horrible because I feel so guilty for not being delighted like everyone says I should be. I wish we had kept the gender a secret from everyone but my husband was so delighted to be getting a son I didn't want to take that excitement away from him. Anyway, I hope you get the outcome you are hoping for but if you don't, the ladies on here will help you realise you aren't alone and it will all turn out okay. They have definitely helped me see that x

I think u r defo doing the right thing trying to convince yourself it's a boy. Hopefully that will soften the blow if it is! I posted my 12+2 pictures on here and out of about 10 guesses I only had 1 boy guess. Everyone else said girl. I then had it in my head I was defo having a girl and when the sonographer said boy I honestly felt like I had been punched in the stomach. I didn't even realise how much I wanted another girl until I was told it was a boy! I think if I had got it in my head it was a boy I would have been able to deal with it better. I found out I was having a boy 5 weeks ago and although I'm not feeling as bad about it as I did initially, I still get moments where I just can't picture a boy in my life. It's mainly when people tell me I must be delighted to be getting 1 of each because that's the perfect combination. At those moments I feel horrible because I feel so guilty for not being delighted like everyone says I should be. I wish we had kept the gender a secret from everyone but my husband was so delighted to be getting a son I didn't want to take that excitement away from him. Anyway, I hope you get the outcome you are hoping for but if you don't, the ladies on here will help you realise you aren't alone and it will all turn out okay. They have definitely helped me see that x
Oh thats hard, at 12+2 you should of been told early girl as a nub is still likely to rise at that gestation.

just looked at your scan tess and i actually guessed boy for u but at that gestation 11+5 guessing on that is as accurate as tossing a coin. Im sorry you got your hopes up its not easy x

just looked at your scan tess and i actually guessed boy for u but at that gestation 11+5 guessing on that is as accurate as tossing a coin. Im sorry you got your hopes up its not easy x

I had actually posted another one at 12+2 as I had another scan due to bleeding but I posted it on different site. That was the one I got my hopes up on because I knew the other one was still a bit on the early side and thought the 12+2 one would have been more accurate. But hey, these things happen and we just need to play with the cards we have been dealt! X

yeah thats true but 12+2 is still not all that accurate on the sites Im on before 12 they wont guess and between 12 and 12+4 they will say early girl with time for development. The closer to 14 wks the better as in week 13 if you get enough good shots its practically a sure thing x x

Oooooo Kat I will be checking in on you to find out how you are doing. The wait is the worst part because we fill all of that time obsessively with imagining how we will react, what we will feel and how things will unfold.

I tried to picture the tone of voice of the sonographer when she broke the news, which room we would be in, what exact words would be exchanged ... in the end the whole experience was so completely different to anything I could have conjured.

I think you have come up with the perfect plan getting your DH to buy an outfit. It's a private and special way and I love how you will hopefully feel excited at just seeing the tinyness of the clothing. And definitely those potty shots will be highly, highly needed especially if it's a girl. You won't believe your ears and will need your eyes to help the reality of it all!

How you feeling in the lead up to Thurs?

Oooooo Kat I will be checking in on you to find out how you are doing. The wait is the worst part because we fill all of that time obsessively with imagining how we will react, what we will feel and how things will unfold.

I tried to picture the tone of voice of the sonographer when she broke the news, which room we would be in, what exact words would be exchanged ... in the end the whole experience was so completely different to anything I could have conjured.

I think you have come up with the perfect plan getting your DH to buy an outfit. It's a private and special way and I love how you will hopefully feel excited at just seeing the tinyness of the clothing. And definitely those potty shots will be highly, highly needed especially if it's a girl. You won't believe your ears and will need your eyes to help the reality of it all!

How you feeling in the lead up to Thurs?

That is all i am doing is trying to imagine the exact moment i open that bag and i am trying my very very best to see blue but i keep seeing pink :nope: wishful thinking i know. My husband keeps saying to me that we dont even need a gender scan as he knows it will be a boy, lol even though deep down he thinks its a girl.
i am feeling a little sad at the min i think for obsessing over it so much. I look at my boys and i think why am i even bothered you know They are so so gorgeous and the more i think about it the more i feel its the way everyone else will react to another boy. My 2nd son hardly got anything when he was born, it was like ah well another boy they have already done that!

I will need to grieve for the daughter i will never have if its another boy but i am sure that the upset will be short lived (i hope). i have no idea how i am going to feel :cry:

Trust me; it will be short lived. I am on boy number four. My last. At one point I thought I wanted pink so bad but actually I don't. I'm a boy mom through and through. Good luck on your results

its another boy and i cant even explain how i am feeling right now, angry, sad, ashamed of myself for the way i feel and sometimes completely numb. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: i am so bloody upset and my husband cant understand it. He understands that i wanted a girl and knows i am disappointed but he said we had a 50/50 chance and the baby is healthy and there is nothing i can do so i should be happy.

I honestly thought i had convinced myself enough to be happy but i have not. I will never see what my daughter would look like, never do her hair! how the hell am i supposed to get over this feeling? I am no longer excited about this pregnancy and i feel terrible for not being and that is making me more upset :(

its another boy and i cant even explain how i am feeling right now, angry, sad, ashamed of myself for the way i feel and sometimes completely numb. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: i am so bloody upset and my husband cant understand it. He understands that i wanted a girl and knows i am disappointed but he said we had a 50/50 chance and the baby is healthy and there is nothing i can do so i should be happy.

I honestly thought i had convinced myself enough to be happy but i have not. I will never see what my daughter would look like, never do her hair! how the hell am i supposed to get over this feeling? I am no longer excited about this pregnancy and i feel terrible for not being and that is making me more upset :(
Oh hun I'm so sorry I know exactly how you feel. I was told girl at two early scans age today for first part of scan she was like definite girl and then near the end she seen something in 3d so after 2 weeks of thinking I'm having a girl it's probably a boy and I can't stop crying.

Oh hun I'm so sorry I know exactly how you feel. I was told girl at two early scans age today for first part of scan she was like definite girl and then near the end she seen something in 3d so after 2 weeks of thinking I'm having a girl it's probably a boy and I can't stop crying.

OMG that is even worse than finding out straight away. How come they think its a boy now?
I cant even cry as i am upsetting my husband. He keeps saying that its no different girl or boy but he doesnt understand he has 3 sons now and i have no daughter and never will :cry:

My husband is upset too. At beginning of scan she was like its definitely a girl and showing me the 3 lines and labia etc. Then she went into 3d and in every view there is this thing sticking out. I know I'll love my boy but he's boy no 7 and my daughter thought she was finally getting a sister. We'd went shopping and bought pink and everything.

Oh ladies I feel awful for you :( kat I know how you feel. We found out we were having a boy 5 weeks ago and only in the past week/week and a half have I started feeling slightly okay about it. I already have a daughter and was so desperate to give her a sister that I was honestly devastated when I found out it was a boy. My husband also didn't understand at all and got really angry with me when I started crying saying that the baby is healthy and that is all that should matter and esiecually since I already had a girl I had no right to be upset about him getting the son he always wanted. I knew he was right and I tried to tell myself this over n over again but couldn't help how I was feeling. I even started wearing baggy clothes to hide my bump which I had previously been showing off because I didn't feel excited any more just line you have said and everytime someone mentioned 'he' or 'him' when talking about my baby I honestly felt sick and I felt so awful for feeling that way! I started to feel my baby moving about a week or so ago and this was the turning point for me. I'm still not completely over the fact my daughter will never have a sister but I am slowly starting to feel better about her having a brother. Everytime he kicks I just think of my poor helpless little baby who wants nothing other than his mummy to love him and it's got me starting to get excited again. I really hope you can get to a point where you are excited again and I know the ladies on here will help you because they definitely helped me. Big hugs love.

3boys I can't imagine being told it's a girl and then getting so excited about it only to then be told it's a boy. But did she actually say she thinks it's a boy now or just that she might have saw something? Because I wouldn't get too upset until you know for sure! How far on are you? I have read that girlie parts can be swollen early on which can result in them being mistaken for boy parts x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->