Can't admit to anyone else...

thanks guys im still finding it really hard to believe if im honest! Just can't picture being handed a girl lol

Hi everyone, how are we all? Only 12 weeks to go now for me, can't wait for it to be over as I haven't had a great pregnancy with health problems etc.

Anyway, I'm completely over the 'omg I can't believe it's a boy' thing and I'm now looking forward to meeting my baby. Can I just ask anyone else with other kids though, does anyone else just not feel as excited as they did when it was their first :S? I feel awful saying it but I just remember being waaaaay more excited with my first than I am this time around. I don't know if it's maybe because I have my 3 year old to run after all the time that I don't get as much time to sit and think about it or what... I just remember with my first talking about it constantly and I was forever online looking at what baby things I could buy etc whereas this time I could easily go days without even giving it a thought. Am I just a weirdo lol?! I also think it may be because we are reusing a lot from our first like our pram, bouncer chair, cot, play mat etc so I don't have a lot to buy and therefore I don't have the same excitement of looking at all those different things if you get me? Please tell me I'm not alone in this lol...? X

Hi everyone, how are we all? Only 12 weeks to go now for me, can't wait for it to be over as I haven't had a great pregnancy with health problems etc.

Anyway, I'm completely over the 'omg I can't believe it's a boy' thing and I'm now looking forward to meeting my baby. Can I just ask anyone else with other kids though, does anyone else just not feel as excited as they did when it was their first :S? I feel awful saying it but I just remember being waaaaay more excited with my first than I am this time around. I don't know if it's maybe because I have my 3 year old to run after all the time that I don't get as much time to sit and think about it or what... I just remember with my first talking about it constantly and I was forever online looking at what baby things I could buy etc whereas this time I could easily go days without even giving it a thought. Am I just a weirdo lol?! I also think it may be because we are reusing a lot from our first like our pram, bouncer chair, cot, play mat etc so I don't have a lot to buy and therefore I don't have the same excitement of looking at all those different things if you get me? Please tell me I'm not alone in this lol...? X

I think definitely when i was having one boy after the other i wasn't majorly excited as i knew what was coming - sleepless nights etc. but as the birth drew closer i definitely became more excited and by the point they were born there was no difference.

I am on baby 4, I don't think it has to do with gender in regards to the feeling of lack of excitement. I think it's because we know what to expect and what's coming in regards to labour and all.

My baby girl arrived June 29. Meet Sylvie :)

https://i65.tinypic.com/2po71ox.jpg

I am on baby 4, I don't think it has to do with gender in regards to the feeling of lack of excitement. I think it's because we know what to expect and what's coming in regards to labour and all.

Yeh this is exactly what I think! I'm totally over the gender thing so I don't think that has anything to do with it. I think it's just because I've done it before and I was pretty much completely prepared from the start as I am reusing a lot of my firsts baby things x

Yeh this is exactly what I think! I'm totally over the gender thing so I don't think that has anything to do with it. I think it's just because I've done it before and I was pretty much completely prepared from the start as I am reusing a lot of my firsts baby things x
thats what i mean you know exactly what you are in for so the excitement doesnt start until much later. I just mentioned with me the boy thing because even though i got over that quickly with this being a girl this time im majorly excited because its new and im getting to buy pink etc.

Those big blue eyes and all that hair!! OMG she's beautiful!! Congratulations hon. :)

Ah wow, congrats Sil - she is completely gorgeous!

Well I am 31.6 weeks and little man is showing at 33.1 weeks and is 4.8 lbs. my last baby came at 34 weeks and 6.5 lbs so I am gearing up for another preemie. I am sad about this. The 2 weeks in hospital is so hard on me and our family. I make large gestational babies but they are still preemie. My body cannot handle holding a baby in once they are about 7lbs; I'm really hoping this one stays in longer but the last time I was told my baby was about 5 pounds; he was born 2 weeks later. I am nervous

Hope he stays in for you Mrs.H! I know what its like to have a preemie. My last 2 were preemies too, although my second was born at 35.5 wks, so not too bad. I am taking progesterone shots this time around so keeping my fingers crossed he stays in until full term. I am going through a rough patch right now financially. Husband's business is falling a part, so we are in a tough position, I really cant handle a premature birth to be added to the stress.

I may have missed it, but why were you in the hospital?

He was born at 34 weeks and his bilirubin was to high so he needed light therapy and he needed to be able to eat without the feeding tube.

He was born at 34 weeks and his bilirubin was to high so he needed light therapy and he needed to be able to eat without the feeding tube.

my 35 weeker ended up staying for 10 days for light therapy and breathing issues. Both my babies werent discharged until they were over 37.5 weeks gestational age. I feel like any babies I make do not do well unless they are at least 37 weeks, hoping this one stays baking until then, thats why I am enduring all the pain with having weekly shots.

Mine never had breathing issues; that must have been hard and stressful. Sorry you had to go through that.
My first 2 were both 37.3 and weighted 7.2 and 7.5lbs. My last was 34 weeks and 6.5 lbs. so once this guy reaches the same weight out he will come. Hoping it's 35 or 36 weeks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->