Can't admit to anyone else...

I went the opposite way and i told everyone what we are having once i got over the crying part. I figured i would rather have all the comments now than when he is born and i am pushing him around in his pram. Have people coming up and saying 'so what did you have? , oh another boy!'
I think i may have punched them in the head :grr:
i often wonder why i didnt get a daughter, why so many people i know who dont even want to look after their kids get a daughter. I know i could have been a good mum to a girl :( plus its only a 25% chance of having 3 of the same gender in a row!! trust me to be in that 25% :dohh: its not bloody fair!

On the other hand i know that the world needs good men in it and i am responsible for bringing up 3 now which is an honour in itself.
I dont think i will ever get over that feeling that something is missing from my life but i need to accept it.
I am now a boy mum and thats it! i need to be happy with my lovely boys.

I didn't know it was only 25% to get 3 of same gender in a row. I've got 2 boys and we paid for a private gender scan which is in 3 days. I haven't told anyone about this scan as it will give me a few weeks to be upset before everyone asks around the time of the 20 week scan. I have a feeling this is my third boy. Kat132 I will be joining you in feeling like this I'm sure. It's not fair!

I've looked at a few of the gender swaying options and to me they make it seem like it's harder to conceive a girl rather than a boy but then again I don't actually think they work because both times for me I should really have had the opposite going by gender swaying lol! With my daughter I got pregnancy from BD'ing on the day of O which would have made me more likely to have a boy and this time I got pregnant from BD'ing 3 days before O which would make me more likely to have a girl. So for me it didn't work and makes me think it really is just your luck of the draw.

Oh that's a shame kitty. I think u done the right thing not telling people what u are having because I feel it's other people's opinions that make it much harder. We chose to keep it to ourselves with our first and I wish we had done that again this time but my DH was so over the moon to be having a boy that I didn't want to take his excitement away x
I don't think the timing method holds much weight there is an article on genderdreaming explaining why it can't be true as when that doctor divided sperm into male and female he was wrong that's not what he was looking at. I think what carries much more weight is our environment. After I found out I was having my sixth boy I thought there must be a reason for this very few people have 6 boys and I couldn't shake the feeling that the fact that I was on the birth control patch when conceiving my daughter has something to do with her being a girl. Anyway with some research of my own I realised I was estrogen dominant which favours boys and can cause cancer. I didn't plan on more babies but focused on rebalancing my hormones for my health. I also think I conceived my daughter on patch as high levels of fake progesterone in it would of balanced some of my estrogen. Anyway I got really healthy and lost 70lb and ran most days as well as high intensity workouts. I also used natural progesterone cream for second part of my cycle. We were using natural family planning and it was always so obvious I was ovulating. With all the estrogen there would be ewcm everywhere I also wouldn't ovulate until around CD26. The month I conceived I had kept an eye out for ewcm and there was none and near the time I'd be due to ovulate hubby and I were given the opportunity to go on holiday together alone so we decided to step up natural family planning and use a thermometer to confirm that I had o'd and then we could be sure when was safe. As far as I was concerned I hadn't ovulated yet but my temps were in the post o range I thought well maybe it's normal for them to change it had been years since I'd tempted ttc. Then they raised again and I thought OK I need to test and it was positive. And right now baby looks like a girl. I know I had that wobble about the protrusion but on all the gender sites without me mentioning that I was told girl by tech they all say girl and they say a protrusion straight down between the legs is always a girl andwhen I look at pics on Google of both genders it makes sense. Plus I have clear 2d girl potty shots so I'm confident this is finally another girl. Now all of what I said could be a complete coincidence but after 6 boys I feel there must be something to it.

Hello everyone, sorry to dip back in but just wanted to announce that baby arrived on 21st May 2017 at 35+3 gestation. And she's definitely a girl! :)

Hello everyone, sorry to dip back in but just wanted to announce that baby arrived on 21st May 2017 at 35+3 gestation. And she's definitely a girl! :)

Congratulations hope you are both doing well x

Congrats memma!!! I was wondering how you were doing! So happy for you. How are you and baby doing?

I've looked at a few of the gender swaying options and to me they make it seem like it's harder to conceive a girl rather than a boy but then again I don't actually think they work because both times for me I should really have had the opposite going by gender swaying lol! With my daughter I got pregnancy from BD'ing on the day of O which would have made me more likely to have a boy and this time I got pregnant from BD'ing 3 days before O which would make me more likely to have a girl. So for me it didn't work and makes me think it really is just your luck of the draw.

Oh that's a shame kitty. I think u done the right thing not telling people what u are having because I feel it's other people's opinions that make it much harder. We chose to keep it to ourselves with our first and I wish we had done that again this time but my DH was so over the moon to be having a boy that I didn't want to take his excitement away x
I don't think the timing method holds much weight there is an article on genderdreaming explaining why it can't be true as when that doctor divided sperm into male and female he was wrong that's not what he was looking at. I think what carries much more weight is our environment. After I found out I was having my sixth boy I thought there must be a reason for this very few people have 6 boys and I couldn't shake the feeling that the fact that I was on the birth control patch when conceiving my daughter has something to do with her being a girl. Anyway with some research of my own I realised I was estrogen dominant which favours boys and can cause cancer. I didn't plan on more babies but focused on rebalancing my hormones for my health. I also think I conceived my daughter on patch as high levels of fake progesterone in it would of balanced some of my estrogen. Anyway I got really healthy and lost 70lb and ran most days as well as high intensity workouts. I also used natural progesterone cream for second part of my cycle. We were using natural family planning and it was always so obvious I was ovulating. With all the estrogen there would be ewcm everywhere I also wouldn't ovulate until around CD26. The month I conceived I had kept an eye out for ewcm and there was none and near the time I'd be due to ovulate hubby and I were given the opportunity to go on holiday together alone so we decided to step up natural family planning and use a thermometer to confirm that I had o'd and then we could be sure when was safe. As far as I was concerned I hadn't ovulated yet but my temps were in the post o range I thought well maybe it's normal for them to change it had been years since I'd tempted ttc. Then they raised again and I thought OK I need to test and it was positive. And right now baby looks like a girl. I know I had that wobble about the protrusion but on all the gender sites without me mentioning that I was told girl by tech they all say girl and they say a protrusion straight down between the legs is always a girl andwhen I look at pics on Google of both genders it makes sense. Plus I have clear 2d girl potty shots so I'm confident this is finally another girl. Now all of what I said could be a complete coincidence but after 6 boys I feel there must be something to it.

Yeh I agree, I don't think the timing has anything to do with it either. Yeh it seems unlikely you would have 6 boys unless your environment had something to do with it. Although for me, I was doing absolutely nothing different both times I conceived and I am ending up with 1 of each. I've always been a bit of a fitness freak so I was exercising a lot with both, taking the same vitamins, eating the same sorts of food etc so I really do think it's just a 50/50 chance and you get what you get.

Congrats on your baby girl! Hope you are both well x

I didn't know it was only 25% to get 3 of same gender in a row. I've got 2 boys and we paid for a private gender scan which is in 3 days. I haven't told anyone about this scan as it will give me a few weeks to be upset before everyone asks around the time of the 20 week scan. I have a feeling this is my third boy. Kat132 I will be joining you in feeling like this I'm sure. It's not fair!

what made it worse for me was my kids, husband all my family thought girl. All my gender guesses on here were girl and i thought girl and still feel like he is :haha: so when she said boy i didnt speak for almost 3 hours apparently apart from saying that my heart just broke in 2...... i feel like a awful person. i should be happy he is active and healthy and i am dont get me wrong but still, ITS NOT FAIR!

Yeh I agree, I don't think the timing has anything to do with it either. Yeh it seems unlikely you would have 6 boys unless your environment had something to do with it. Although for me, I was doing absolutely nothing different both times I conceived and I am ending up with 1 of each. I've always been a bit of a fitness freak so I was exercising a lot with both, taking the same vitamins, eating the same sorts of food etc so I really do think it's just a 50/50 chance and you get what you get.

Congrats on your baby girl! Hope you are both well x

Yes I agree I think in general it's 50/50 but sometimes like in my case there can be situations that affect it

what made it worse for me was my kids, husband all my family thought girl. All my gender guesses on here were girl and i thought girl and still feel like he is :haha: so when she said boy i didnt speak for almost 3 hours apparently apart from saying that my heart just broke in 2...... i feel like a awful person. i should be happy he is active and healthy and i am dont get me wrong but still, ITS NOT FAIR!
You are most definitely not an awful person x

Congrats memma!

I get my anatomy scan today at 21 wks so whatever the tech says will be official, unless I am one of those rare women who gives birth to the opposite sex. If he's still a boy, I am pretty sure its going to be pretty obvious by now. I will confirm that he's still a boy.

He's been so active and I am always feeling him move, even when I am standing up (used to be only when I am sitting) so he'll probably move a ton at the u/s. I am already in love with him, so if he's still a boy I wont be upset or anything, but if I end up being on of those people who gets told that the last u/s was wrong, I will be excited, and so will dh.

Kat you are absolutely not an awful person. Trust me, some of the thoughts that went through my head in the weeks after I found out my baby is a boy really made me feel disgusted with myself. Speaking to the ladies on here really made me feel better because I know I'm defo not alone in what I thought or how I felt so I now know it's more common than I thought to feel like this x

how did your scan go? xx

Today is just so hard and its only 8 in the morning. I told dh that I will be getting baby a few newborn/0-3 months outfits of his own that he can leave the hospital with. I really want him to look cute and also have his brothers find him extra adorable so I looked up some outfits on disney store. I did the wrong thing by not filtering out girl clothes so both genders popped up and omg the girl clothes are sooo darn cute I almost want to dress him in one!! Makes me feel sad all over again. Boy clothes are so plain ughhh. I am only going to buy him about 3 outfits to call his own, the rest he will be wearing his brothers's clothes, I am so over shopping boys stuff.

Oh yeah, and at my anatomy scan on Wedneday he was definitely a boy it was so obvious. I was really hoping I could be those few that ends up with a girl because the cord was between the legs or whatever, but nope, obvious penis. I am the only one in my family with 3 of the same gender in a row. My mom had 2 girls and then a boy, my other sister although not related by blood had 1 boy and then 2 girls, I sound so awful but I think I've been cursed not to have any girls at all.

Congratulations memma! I am so excited for you! Everything go okay? How are you feeling? Pictures of your ok Sharing

Today is just so hard and its only 8 in the morning. I told dh that I will be getting baby a few newborn/0-3 months outfits of his own that he can leave the hospital with. I really want him to look cute and also have his brothers find him extra adorable so I looked up some outfits on disney store. I did the wrong thing by not filtering out girl clothes so both genders popped up and omg the girl clothes are sooo darn cute I almost want to dress him in one!! Makes me feel sad all over again. Boy clothes are so plain ughhh. I am only going to buy him about 3 outfits to call his own, the rest he will be wearing his brothers's clothes, I am so over shopping boys stuff.

Oh yeah, and at my anatomy scan on Wedneday he was definitely a boy it was so obvious. I was really hoping I could be those few that ends up with a girl because the cord was between the legs or whatever, but nope, obvious penis. I am the only one in my family with 3 of the same gender in a row. My mom had 2 girls and then a boy, my other sister although not related by blood had 1 boy and then 2 girls, I sound so awful but I think I've been cursed not to have any girls at all.

Hugs hun. I done the same thing the other day. went into a shop tough and i did try my hardest not to look at the girl stuff but i did.......:nope: so many clothes so much variety :( i didnt keep anything from my boys so i am having to start all over but i am not finding it fun at all. boys clothes are BORING. I feel sad once a day at least and i pray we can get over this feeling!
i am also the only one in my family that has had 3 of the same in a row. Plus 2 of my cousins are pregnant, no doubt they will have girls both of them.

Ok I am not trying to be rude but reading through these latest posts; yes GD is normal but there comes a time when you need to go see someone to discuss this. Trust me I am on boy four so I know all to well how it feels to not get a girl. This will be our last baby and boy 14 in regards to grandchildren for my parents. Again trust me I know the "never having a girl"
However I really think you two ladies need to go and speak with someone professionally; KAT123 foresure seeing as how bad things went with your last little boy and you telling your husband to bring him back to the hospital. I think that's postpartum depression and GD mixed in together and it should not be left untreated. I know we are here to share and to listen but as a friend from the other side of the world I really think it's more then just a simple matter and I wish you would seek help. Please don't be mad at me, I mean no disrespect

Ok I am not trying to be rude but reading through these latest posts; yes GD is normal but there comes a time when you need to go see someone to discuss this. Trust me I am on boy four so I know all to well how it feels to not get a girl. This will be our last baby and boy 14 in regards to grandchildren for my parents. Again trust me I know the "never having a girl"
However I really think you two ladies need to go and speak with someone professionally; KAT123 foresure seeing as how bad things went with your last little boy and you telling your husband to bring him back to the hospital. I think that's postpartum depression and GD mixed in together and it should not be left untreated. I know we are here to share and to listen but as a friend from the other side of the world I really think it's more then just a simple matter and I wish you would seek help. Please don't be mad at me, I mean no disrespect

Not mad i can see your point. I had baby blues with both my boys, nothing to do with gender and it went as soon as i stopped breastfeeding for some strange reason. The shock of going from 1-2 for me was a lot to take but then my 1st son was only just over 2 years. I think the way we type things makes it sound worse than it is. I am over the moon about this baby and excited to meet him, honestly cant wait. i am bored with the lack of variety of boys clothes and i do get sad when i see a girl and hear of friends having a girl BUT i love this baby. How i know this.... i worry all the time when i have not felt him move for an hour, i talk to him, i tell him about his fab brothers. If i knew before getting pregnant that i would have another boy, would i have got pregnant again? 100% YES.

I do still get sad and jealous of others with girls but my boys are my world and this one will be as well :) i look forward to daughter in laws and (i hope) one day a granddaughter that i can spoil (and then give back) haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->