Cant eat and breastfeeding....any advice what i can do

broodylocket

Reaction score
so, my lo is now nearly 4 weeks and have only managed to eat once.

so, when i eat anything i get a severe pain roughly 2 hours after which can last upto 9 hours...and makes me sick.
the docs have made an appointment for june! as they either think its my stomach or my gall bladder. i cant wait that long for something to happen.

all i can eat/drink is milk, water, orange juice and those build up milkshakes and thats it!!!!! and im breastfeeding.

one doc said he can admit me but i cant have my son with me, so will have to stop BF like that! and switch him to formula without any choice, well i refused as i dont want to leave my son for 2 weeks...if not longer.

i dont know what i can do, im sooo frustrated about it and think im exaggerating i cant eat.....i had 3 biscuits and i had pain a few hours later...even a banana makes me in pain. :cry:

sorry but i cant help with the food thing, however i just wanted to let you know that when my first son was 8wks old i had to go to hosiptal for a week and couldnt have him with me as i was to ill, in total i couldnt feed him for two weeks, i expressed every four hours,day and night(he couldnt have this due to the drugs i was on,he had to have formula) and then,after the two weeks i went back to feeding him and caried on until he was 9months-obviously i cant tell you what you should or shouldnt be doing but dont think a hospital stay would have to mean an end to breast feeding (((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))

:hugs: :hugs:

not much help really - just wanted to say that if it is your gallbladder (which is likely from what you describe) then try and stick to a very very low fat diet as any at all will bring the pain on (biccies etc) Google a diet sheet and see if that makes any difference maybe :shrug: and obv try and keep your fluids up.

Get well soon :hugs:

i agree with pip im guessing low / no fat if it's your gall bladder as thats what stores the bile from your liver and the bile is what breaks down fat or something like that huh?? so in theory the less fat the less bile needed and you might be able to eat a bit more for now??
also dont forget fat is in loads of forms including waxy things etc so try and avoid anything like that until you get to see doc
and i think protein shakes etc must be good as your lo obviously needs iron etc...... plus take a multivitamin.....
cant think of anything else to add? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->