Can't find baby. HELP PAGE 2!!

VickyLou

1 beautiful little lady.
Reaction score
Been for a scan this morning (internal) they can't find the baby. There's some confusion about my dates though. I can't for the life of me remember when we had sex. My last period was 1st November but that was a 52 day cycle. My periods are usually around 35 days.
I did a clear blue digi on Monday last week which said 2-3 weeks meaning 4-5 weeks.
I had HCG done on Tuesday which was 582 and then again on Thursday which were 1033. Seems a little low to me? I don't really understand them.

They have just took more bloods this morning to check my levels I'll get the results in a few hours. They said if they are rising still then they will get me back for another scan today. I really don't see the point if they couldn't see anything this morning???

Oh I have also been having pains in my right side. They started with little shooting pains then went into my back. They has stopped now and it's kind of a constant ache in my back now only on the right hand side. Feels like it's bruised.

My head is battered! Can anyone explain the bloods to me please? X

I'm sorry, I can't help much, but didn't want to read and run. From what I know, your hcg is quite low still though so that might explain why they couldn't see anything. It did almost double from Tuesday to Thursday (48 hours give or take) so that's a good sign. I wouldn't worry too much about the right sided pain. The ovary that releases the egg produces hormones during the first few weeks of pregnancy and can often be sore.
So by all means, chase it up. But I'd think that you're just too early to see anything and that you'll find a healthy pregnancy in a week or two. Fingers crossed for you!

Sorry Hun, but it sounds like they're taking charge with it. If they get you in again today they might get a more experienced person doing it. Try not to worry ( impossible I know) xx

Sorry Hun, but it sounds like they're taking charge with it. If they get you in again today they might get a more experienced person doing it. Try not to worry ( impossible I know) xx

I'm sure the woman that did the scan was a sister though. I remember she scanned a few times with my last pregnancy and didn't have any problems. I hate all this waiting I just need to know what's happening so I can get used to the idea of being pregnant again (is such a shock that I'm here again after a year) xx

Just had a call back from the hospital. My bloods are over 2 half thousand so they should be seeing something on a scan now. They want to see me again today at half 3. Surely my bloods should be higher than that of my last blood work was done on Thursday? X

Good luck today, I hope they see something! That's great they are getting you back so soon so you dont have to wait days to find out. Not sure about hcg levels, your first two were doubling nicely and of you were still doubling I'd think you'd be around 4000 now? But "over 2500" could mean anything really! Let us know how it goes!

I was told that when the levels hit 1000 that's when they MIGHT be able to see the pregnancy on the ultrasound. It sounds like you are still very early. As for the digital test I have reason nothing but inaccuracy on almost every message board i have been on. They couldn't see a pregnancy until I was 5 weeks three days and all they saw was the yolk sac. A week later and we saw the fetus. A week or a few days can make ALL the difference.

Also hcg doubles in early pregnancy every 72 hours NOT every 48 hours

Did they say what the actual number was?

Unfortunately not. I'm just at the hospital waiting to be seen again so I'll ask the question when they call me through.

How frustrating for you! I hope to hear some good news :)

Why they said I was well above 2half thousand I dunno cause they are 2508 I wouldn't say that's well above. They should be around 4000 now. They have concerns is ectopic. I have to have more bloods done Wednesday. Still no sign of anything in my uterus xx

Sorry to hear that. Fingers tightly crossed for you still. Hopefully it'll all turn out to be well on Thursday. :hugs:

After racking my brain yesterday. I think I'm only 3 weeks pregnant. I could have this wrong. Hoping you ladies can help.

Here some info. Last 3 periods so you get an idea of my cycles.

25th -30th July 36days
3rd-8th September 40days
1st-7th November. 59days

We defiantly didn't DTD at all in November till 27th, 28th, 29th. On a ovulation calculated when I input my last period and put in longest cycle which was 45 days it said my most fertile days would be 29th November - 4th December.

I thought I was due my next period on 3rd December but this can't be right if I ovulated late, so I would of been due around the 16th December. I did a test on 21st December, 2 lines but the test was quite faint but gradually got darker with in 10 minutes. Later on in the afternoon I did a clear blue which said 2-3 weeks meaning 4-5. Next day I did a normal test which again came up faint but gradually for darker after 10 minutes. 2days later I did another clear blue. Again 2-3.

HCG done Tuesday 22nd - 582
HCG done Thursday 24th - 1033
HCG done Monday 28th -2508
Will be having more HCG done tomorrow. I'm reading that HCG can take 48-72 hours to double. Surely the bloods taken on Monday if we work on 72 hours is roughly about right?

So if I ovulated between the 29th Nov and 4th December considering today is only the 29th I'm roughly 3half weeks pregnant give or take also taking implantation into account. Could this be the reason they ain't seeing anything on a scan?? They told me since my HCG is over 2000 they should be seeing something by now regardless of my dates??

My mind will not switch off. Racking my brain. I just need someone that understands better than me to confirm what I'm thinking is correct???

I honestly don't know the answer hon but didn't want to read and run!

If you're much earlier than originally thought, it's unlikely they'd see anything until you're 5/6 weeks so it's entirely possible.

good luck and keep us posted xx

Hey Vicky All I can do is given you my experience I have IVF on the 6th November all my test came back positive but I when for a scan and couldn't see anything !!! They took my blood the same day and it was over 16500 so doctor was confused this was on the Sunday !!! He asked me to come back Wednesday for another scan ....... I didn't expect anything and there it was baby with heart beat fingers crossed for you Hun hope you get some good news xxxx

No advice but I didn't want to read and run. Sorry you're going through this!

I honestly don't know the answer hon but didn't want to read and run!

If you're much earlier than originally thought, it's unlikely they'd see anything until you're 5/6 weeks so it's entirely possible.

good luck and keep us posted xx

I must be a lot earlier than originally thought cause the doctors went off my last period being 1st November which would put me at 8weeks. They then knocked 2 weeks off that for ovulation, so 6 weeks. That isn't possible if I know we didn't DTD at all until 27,28,29 so ovulation has had to happen sometime after that or literally just before??? Xxx

Hey Vicky All I can do is given you my experience I have IVF on the 6th November all my test came back positive but I when for a scan and couldn't see anything !!! They took my blood the same day and it was over 16500 so doctor was confused this was on the Sunday !!! He asked me to come back Wednesday for another scan ....... I didn't expect anything and there it was baby with heart beat fingers crossed for you Hun hope you get some good news xxxx

Thank you for sharing your experience. And congratulation on your little bean. I always love to hear a successful IVF story.
Wow your bloods were quite high for so early. My seems pretty low but I'm not an expert with the bloods. First time having them. All research is so conflicting though. I hate Google lol.

I guess it's just a waiting game. Thanks you again. X

So, lets say you ovulated on the 30th Nov, then that would mean you are around 6 weeks and a day or so. I figured that by going off you DTD on Nov 27, 28,29 and assumed you ovulated around that time (just chose Nov 30 cause I needed a day to figure it out) That would have to be the latest you would have ovulated bc the egg doesn't hang around for long. It's more likely you ovulated anywhere from a few days before the first time you DTD or during that 3 day period. You always add 2 weeks to ovulation to figure out the date of the pregnancy. So around 6 weeks is most likely, not 8 weeks. If you ovulated closer to the 4th, then you'd be in the 5 week range. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->