Can't find baby. HELP PAGE 2!!

Hey Vicky All I can do is given you my experience I have IVF on the 6th November all my test came back positive but I when for a scan and couldn't see anything !!! They took my blood the same day and it was over 16500 so doctor was confused this was on the Sunday !!! He asked me to come back Wednesday for another scan ....... I didn't expect anything and there it was baby with heart beat fingers crossed for you Hun hope you get some good news xxxx

Thank you for sharing your experience. And congratulation on your little bean. I always love to hear a successful IVF story.
Wow your bloods were quite high for so early. My seems pretty low but I'm not an expert with the bloods. First time having them. All research is so conflicting though. I hate Google lol.

I guess it's just a waiting game. Thanks you again. X

What I've estimated and going by your betas based on average beta levels, you were probably around exactly 5 weeks pregnant or very early 5 weeks when you had the ultrasound. If your levels tend to run higher than most, then it is possible you are only 4 weeks. I don't think you could only be 3 weeks though if you had a positive pregnancy test a week ago. It is very difficult to see anything on ultrasound before hcg levels reach 10,000 which is usually between 6-7 weeks. I'd say that it is highly possible you could still have been too early to see anything.

I had irregular cycles before I had my daughter - I had strange symptoms and went to the doctor convinced I had ovarian cysts. He told me to take another test the following day, and it was positive. Working back from my scan, I was only 3.5 weeks pregnant at the time.

Sperm can also survive for up to 7 days, from what I've read. I think you are just a lot earlier than you thought.

Hey Vicky All I can do is given you my experience I have IVF on the 6th November all my test came back positive but I when for a scan and couldn't see anything !!! They took my blood the same day and it was over 16500 so doctor was confused this was on the Sunday !!! He asked me to come back Wednesday for another scan ....... I didn't expect anything and there it was baby with heart beat fingers crossed for you Hun hope you get some good news xxxx

Thank you for sharing your experience. And congratulation on your little bean. I always love to hear a successful IVF story.
Wow your bloods were quite high for so early. My seems pretty low but I'm not an expert with the bloods. First time having them. All research is so conflicting though. I hate Google lol.

I guess it's just a waiting game. Thanks you again. X

It just goes to show Hun that it doesn't matter what your bloods are or how high they are or how low they are my bloods were so high but they still couldn't see anything on a the scan xx

So, lets say you ovulated on the 30th Nov, then that would mean you are around 6 weeks and a day or so. I figured that by going off you DTD on Nov 27, 28,29 and assumed you ovulated around that time (just chose Nov 30 cause I needed a day to figure it out) That would have to be the latest you would have ovulated bc the egg doesn't hang around for long. It's more likely you ovulated anywhere from a few days before the first time you DTD or during that 3 day period. You always add 2 weeks to ovulation to figure out the date of the pregnancy. So around 6 weeks is most likely, not 8 weeks. If you ovulated closer to the 4th, then you'd be in the 5 week range. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply. Sorry if I'm being thick but I really don't understand how you have estimated 6 weeks. Surely if I bled on the 1 st November with having very irregular periods and I know I didn't DTD till 27,28,29th even if I ovulated just before DTD I would only be a maximum of 4 weeks? I couldn't of been pregnant before this so I don't understand why the 2 weeks needs adding on. Sorry again if I sound thick. Xx

What I've estimated and going by your betas based on average beta levels, you were probably around exactly 5 weeks pregnant or very early 5 weeks when you had the ultrasound. If your levels tend to run higher than most, then it is possible you are only 4 weeks. I don't think you could only be 3 weeks though if you had a positive pregnancy test a week ago. It is very difficult to see anything on ultrasound before hcg levels reach 10,000 which is usually between 6-7 weeks. I'd say that it is highly possible you could still have been too early to see anything.

Thanks for your reply. Sorry if I'm being thick. How can I be 5 weeks if I only had sex roughly 4half weeks ago? Xx

The first 2 weeks of pregnancy, you aren't actually pregnant. it's counted that way because most pregnancies are measured from your last period. Even with scans etc it's done this way, which does seem weird. There is am assumption that following a period, 14 days later a women 'should' ovulate. If you don't, then you can guess the length of pregnancy by taking your ovulation date and counting 2 weeks back to when you 'should have' had your period.

I have long and irregular cycles too which makes things more confusing, just like you.

Did you have ANY sex in December? For your levels, and getting a faint positive quite recently, it would seem to make more sense if you had sex early to mid December and ovulated then. For ovulating at the end of November, that makes you about 6 weeks along.

If you got your first faint positive (did you do any before this?) on the 21st of December, I would think you were more likely to have ovulated about the 8/9/10/11th of December? I think you are actually about 4 weeks and 3-6 days perhaps. Too early to see anything.

The first 2 weeks of pregnancy, you aren't actually pregnant. it's counted that way because most pregnancies are measured from your last period. Even with scans etc it's done this way, which does seem weird. There is am assumption that following a period, 14 days later a women 'should' ovulate. If you don't, then you can guess the length of pregnancy by taking your ovulation date and counting 2 weeks back to when you 'should have' had your period.

I have long and irregular cycles too which makes things more confusing, just like you.

Did you have ANY sex in December? For your levels, and getting a faint positive quite recently, it would seem to make more sense if you had sex early to mid December and ovulated then. For ovulating at the end of November, that makes you about 6 weeks along.

If you got your first faint positive (did you do any before this?) on the 21st of December, I would think you were more likely to have ovulated about the 8/9/10/11th of December? I think you are actually about 4 weeks and 3-6 days perhaps. Too early to see anything.

I understand that you add you 2 weeks. It was so much easier last year when I was pregnant with my daughter cause I could pin point to the time when she was conceived. My periods were fairly regular then though. This time I'm just so confused cause they have been so messed up since giving birth.
I haven't had any sex this month at all. The only sex was 27,28,29th November from what I remember. It could be a day or 2 out I just remember it was 3 days in a row and defo not this month unless it was the 1st December and defo after the 26th. Cause we weren't trying for another I didn't keep a record of when we DTD.
I say it was faint but it wasn't that faint. I didn't have to squint. I literally did the test, waited 30 seconds to a minute saw a line developing ran downstairs and gave the test to my partner it gradually got darker as my partner was looking at it. X

Here the test. The pictures were probably taken an hour or so after I took the test but the lines stayed the same with in 10 minutes.

I also took another clear blue on the 23rd which said 2-3 ( I don't believe these are any good though)
I did another test this evening which came in instantly with 2 lines. I had to wait seconds for the lines to show. X

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 14
I guess I'll see what results the bloods will bring tomorrow and maybe they will scan me again. Although if they couldn't see anything on Monday twice I doubt they will see anything tomorrow. I just hate the not knowing and being in limbo.

Thank you ladies for trying to help and explain things to me. Xx

Oh that is a very dark test! Not faint at all.

Hmm well it seems you should be 6 weeks then, but doesn't mean you'll see much on a scan anyway, I didn't see my daughter at 6+3 :).

That's what I mean though it started faint but gradually went to this after roughly 10 minutes if not longer.
I gues I'm worried cause they can't see if anywhere, in my tube, ovary or uterus. With my daughter I was scanned at 6+1 and they found her straight away with her little heart beating. Maybe I was just lucky? I was a larger girl before my pregnancy last year and I gained quite about of weight throughout pregnancy and I don't think I've lost much in the last year. Surely my weight shouldn't really matter when they are doing internal scans?
Thanks again for all your replies xx

I also was worried when I didn't see my daughter at 6+3 because with my son, I saw him AND his heart beating at 5+4. So I thought, surely this is wrong and something terrible will happen, but it all turned out fine.

I'll be following your thread and thinking about you and hoping for some excellent news soon!

They couldn't see my daughter at first either! I was supposed to be 7 weeks pregnant but they looked for 10 minutes or so and couldn't see a thing. My doc was about to give up and run a quantitative hcg test when she gave it one last try and pushed down on my uterus really hard and lo and behold there was a baby! My doctor is great though, and really thorough and I could see how a baby could be missed, especially if you are only 5 weeks pregnant. Good luck, and I'm crossing my fingers for the best possible outcome for you!

It sounds like you ovulated late like me. It took them forever to zone in on that little yolk sac when I was 5 weeks (thought I thought I was 6 weeks) There really isn't much to see so early. When I finally made it to 6 weeks it was the tiniest little peanut I ever saw XD Took them a while to zone in on it too.

Had bloods taken. Waiting for a call with the results. The woman said it doesn't matter how far I am with my hormones being over a thousand they should be able to see something. She said if my levels continue to rise today then I'll have to go back for a scan, if they still can't see anything I'll have to have a chat with the consultant to take the termination drug. How can possible take about getting rid of my baby when we don't know where it is??? Xx

Had bloods taken. Waiting for a call with the results. The woman said it doesn't matter how far I am with my hormones being over a thousand they should be able to see something. She said if my levels continue to rise today then I'll have to go back for a scan, if they still can't see anything I'll have to have a chat with the consultant to take the termination drug. How can possible take about getting rid of my baby when we don't know where it is??? Xx
Vicky mine was 16500 and they still couldn't see anything !!!

Vicky mine was 16500 and they still couldn't see anything !!!

I just don't understand how they can want to discuss a termination at this stage just cause they can't see anything. I think every hospital is so different and there's so much conflicting information. I don't get what it can't be easy. I'll defo not be having the conversation about termination though. Xx

No one can force you into anything. Don't take the drug until they can confirm something is in fact wrong. There's a good possibility you have a very healthy little baby in there! Ectopic a are very rare so there's a much better possibility the baby is in the uterus somewhere. Maybe find a different doctor if that's an option. They seem too quick to give up.

You should be about 6 weeks pregnant, your dates are very similar to mine. I had sex on the 29th, ovulated on the 30th. I am 6+1 going by my dates. My lmp was 14th of November, however my cycle is 30 days long. But if we ovulated the same time, which we must have done give or take a few
days since that's when you had sex then you'll be about the same as me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->