Can't find heartbeat on my Doppler :(

sammie13s

Reaction score
Should I be concerned? Normally I find it straight away. I'm 14 weeks x

Baby will be moving around much more at this point, and may have started heading higher? Or, possibly hiding snug down behind your pelvic bone!

Try drinking a cold drink, eat sweets and get up and move then try again after a little wait :)

If they're bouncing around all the time it'll be hard to keep up! When I first used my Doppler the first few weeks he was easier to find didn't move much etc. then it got harder to keep up with him! Also if they turn it may be very hard to hear at certain angles.

Try again later and if you're stuck on hearing it still call your midwife.

Maybe clear your bowels too. The baby may have turned into a different position. One day my baby would be up high and the next she would be crazy low and as close to my hip as she could get.

I'm 17 weeks and have yet to find the heartbeat on my doppler at home. Whenever I get an ultrasound, I know why...the baby's still pretty small and thus has ample space to swim around all the time. It can be hard to find it. Don't worry about it.

My midwife said that they won't listen out for heartbeat on a Doppler under 25 weeks now!! This is because of the number of times a midwife can't find baby's heartbeat and so has to order a scan. That must mean sometimes baby is just hiding away. Try again later, maybe try some of the other ladies suggestions too :)

I would worry too much as at 14 weeks, there's still plenty of room for baby to hide in there. It could be behind your pubic bone, but I remember one time I tried to find it down low and I couldn't.. so I got really worried and thought "I'll just try a bit higher..." so I tried just a tiny bit below my belly button and there it was, clear as day, which suprised me as I thought it would still be really low at that point.

Try a bit higher, drink a cold drink, eat something very sugary and try again. But to be honest, if you still don't hear anything, I wouldn't go into panic mode. Just stay calm and double check with your midwife.

I have an anterior placenta and quite often struggle to find my baby's heartbeat because he hides under the placenta.

This is why I sold mine, I could feel baby move before I even found her heartbeat. Don't worry. X

Thankyou all so much for the replys. Because I'm high risk there going to scan me. Tried again today but nothing :( Going to have a bath and try again. Fingers crossed because I hate this worry :( xx

I'm sure everything is fine, but I have my fingers crossed for you anyway :)

Hope all is well at your scan and you are reassured, it's horrible worrying and not being able to tell if everything is ok :(

I understand your stress! I am sure everything will be fine, keep us updated! At 14 weeks, my OB could only find one heartbeat (pregnant with twins) and I was worried. He sent me for an ultrasound, and the second baby was just hiding:)

Well iv tried again and nothing :( Hmm very frustrating. Will try again tomorrow. Xx

Thanks Hun. Normally find it straight away. Iv just eat a full punnet of strawberrys and cream so might have another quick listen in x

I was hoping to write hooray for the strawberries and cream but nope still can't hear it. What I can hear is a lot of movement noises. Very strange x

If you can hear movement noises that's a good sign!

Also the sounds of your own heartbeat and blood flow, the placenta, the umbilical cord, etc.. can block out babies heartbeat. It did mine and frustrated me to no end!

Yeah cause if it's the baby moving then the baby is alive for sure lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->