Can't get rid of this feeling something's going to go wrong :-( update bleeding :-(

Oldermummy78

Reaction score
Had more pink spotting today , feel a bit strange down there ..why can't I shake off this feeling my pregnancys not going to last?!
Anyone felt like this and be fine or is it mothers intuition?

Yeah - me too. I don't think I'll feel happy until I've had the twenty week scan and ask the tests have come back clear.

Don't worry about the spotting though - I think it's fairly common in 1st tri x

I'm totally with you guys :nope: Even when I first saw those two pink lines, I was like "yeah, this probably won't last too long." Had some lower left sided pain at 8 weeks and thought "Yup, probably an ectopic." Got a scan and found out it wasn't. Nice strong heartbeat. Then 5 days later had a pretty significant bleed and thought "Ok here we go, now I'm miscarrying." Went in for another scan and baby was still there. Measuring a bit behind, so the anxiety is still there. I don't think I'll be able to shake this feeling until I have a healthy baby in my arms. This is my first, so it's hard to know if it's "mother's intuition" or just plain old anxiety. And I won't know for sure for another 7 months! Sigh... :coffee: Well, oldermummy, you're in good company!

It's awful isn't it?

I have never felt like this before :wacko:

Just feel like I'm waiting for it to go wrong as you say bohemiangel!
Pain must be eotopic, spotting / bleeding must be start of mc :shrug:
Im dreading my early scan Tuesday as I know all I will see is a gestational sac, hopefully in the right place! And then I will worry it's a blighted ovum or going to be empty :cry:
Least we are not alone, it just bothers me when I have read that some women 'just knew' the pregnancy wouldn't carry on and low and behold they lost it somehow
:hugs:

Welcome to motherhood. The worry never goes away, it just changes. Hang in there!

From getting my positive this time I have convinced myself that something is wrong. I have had spotting with this pregnancy and also with my last pregnancy. My son from first pregnancy is nearly 3 now so that all went well. This spotting has lasted longer though, no pains . I had a scan thinking I was 8 plus 2 but they dated me as 7 plus 2, baby was looking ok and no reason found for spotting. I think the date discrepancy is because I have a 34 day cycle and not 28, so when I look at it logically the scan makes sense.
I can't shake the feeling something is wrong but I have no real reason to believe it should be. I definitely had the same anxieties with my son and all that was fine, I'm not sure if it's mothers intuition or more just worried about the unknown xxx

True maybe it is just the unknown, but my previous pregnancys I just felt fine from the beginning! Maybe just before the scans I would be a bit anxious but I think as I'm older there's more chance of something to go wrong
X

awwwww hun i know how you feel.. i feel like im testing faint even being in the first trimester!!!

silly isnt it as what will happen will happen but im sure all will be ok XX

I feel the same- every time I wipe I mentally prepare to see blood and every pain I think ectopic! I keep getting an O type pain from my left side which was the side I ovulated from this month. I just had a google and this seems common and harmless. I can't remember being so worried before but I must have been. I think we are just aware how common mc is. I just keep thinking the odds are in our favour! It's a 1 in 4 chance up till 12 weeks so we'll 75% have healthy pregnancies statistically
I think that statistic drops drastically if you've heard a heartbeat

I feel the same! I'm lucky and have had no spotting. But I'm convinced that something is not right... And I have no idea way.

Yes I have this feeling too,and sadly 4 times I've been proved right.this time an inconclusive scan has me worried sick,but I cant rescan for 3.5 weeks(unless anyone Knows a scan clinic in Orlando!!!-believe me I've googled it to death).fingers crossed for us both,thinking of everyone here who is worrying

Count me in with that worried sinking feeling :hugs: I don't have any real reason to think anything will go wrong (tests took a while to get going, but I wasn't sure on dpo, so I could have got a very early BFP and they all look okay now), it's just that this will be my third child and I have been extremely lucky in that I have never suffered a loss. So I worry that surely I can't be so lucky that I will have three pregnancies and never suffer a loss when they are so common? It's ridiculous, but that's what I can't seem to shake. And as I did find out so early, I am so worried that this is the most common time for problems. I will be happy to get to 12 weeks, although I will be booking a private scan for around 9 weeks (if we get there) just to get some reassurance.

I also feel the same and I've never had a loss.... and I've seen baba twice and everything is100%. Incredible what our mind's do to us. Grrrr

I also feel the same and I've never had a loss.... and I've seen baba twice and everything is100%. Incredible what our mind's do to us. Grrrr

I don't remember my other 2 pregnancies being this nerve wrecking.. but I know I'll only relax once I get to about 28 weeks. :-(

It's good to see we all feel pretty much the same, though I wish we didn't have to feel this way, but as there are so many of us it proves it's just a worry we have?!
Sticky Baby :dust: for us all pray we all have the very best outcome xx

I feel exactly the same way ! 2 pregnancies and 2 healthy children I also feel like my luck has run out. I really don't want it to be true and everything seems to be ok but I just can't shake the feeling

Not good news over here. After 3-4 days with no spotting at all, I was beginning to think that one bleed at 8w5d was just a fluke and I was in the clear. Just got back from the restroom and have begun spotting all over again. Not as heavy as the bright red bleed I had last week, but still pretty heavy spotting. And also having some mild cramps, too. Something is not right. Why do these things ALWAYS seem to happen on the weekend?! :wacko:
I wish I could call my fiancé, but he's in England with an 8 hour time difference. Six more weeks until we get married and can actually live in the same country. Anyways... Sorry for the ramble. I don't have many close girlfriends and don't feel like I have anyone I can talk to. Just feeling worried sick and very alone right now :cry:

Please try keep positive bohemiangel!
How's things today? If still bleeding call your early pregnancy unit honey get seen xx

Thanks, oldermummy! Well turns out it was just plain old anxiety. Just got back from a scan at the OB and everything's perfect! Got to hear the heartbeat at 159 bpm, and baby's even measuring ahead at 10w4d. Little peanut even gave us a wave as if to say "Quit worrying, mom, I'm fine!" :happydance: Oh, and they found a little clot which is harmless, and likely the cause of the bleed. All around great news! Hope the good news continues for all you ladies here!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->