Can't keep my eyes open

Starlight34

Reaction score
I'm about 7 or 8 weeks pregnant now, and I'm sooo tired. I get enough sleep overnight, but I keep yawning all day long, and could sleep all day.
I'm so unmotivated to do anything today, spent most of day laying/resting on the couch. Mind you, it's my day off. This is my first pregnancy, so this is all new. Is anyone else extremely tired these days? Any tips to get through it?

I'm just over 4 weeks and the tiredness is kicking in for me. Despite having a full night of undisturbed sleep (unheard of in this house) yesterday I managed to doze on the sofa whilst I snuggled up to my youngest in the morning, nearly fell asleep just before I was due to get my daughters from school so had to force myself to stay awake and then dozed for about 20 mins after we had tea. Annoying thing is I went to bed feeling shattered but couldn't sleep which has left me even more exhausted today. Its all good though :) Baby is growing and zapping me of my energy. x

Enjoy every opportunity to rest I say, you're in good company!

Im 7/8 week pg with my 3rd and boy do I know it!!!!
Im shattered I have to endure school runs cooking cleaning and its killing me.
I was bad with dd1 and dd2 but not this bad
im tired well shattered
im sick a lot
I have the worse headaces nosebleeds
I also have bleeding gums metal taste mouth
I actually dont think theres a symptom I dont have oh sore boobs well I feel like screaming with joy when the bra comes off!!
Welcome to pregnancy, im happy to have symtoms its a good thing but this much and 2 kids both under 4 is a killer
im definitely happy to say this is me done after this one lol
h/h 9months

Don't worry your not the only one! I'm 12 weeks now tbh I thought the tiredness would have eased off a bit by now but no joy! I literally go to bed at night at the same time as my toddler and the days he has nursery instead of doing housework like I should ive been having naps as well :dohh: and if he comes home tired needing a nap I nap with him then too!! :haha: I feel like no amount of sleep is going to help atm :dohh:

oh yea i remember feeling that way. it still continues every now and then though! i have this amazing energy up until the clock strikes 2PM and its like im a robot that gets auto-shut down. its ridiculous how fast my energy drops at exactly 2 pm every day. sooo because i have school 5 days a week, its horrible because im sitting at my desk and the next thing i know, i open my eyes as if i was dreaming i was awake or something and its so bizarre how easily i fall asleep now! and i really do get alot of sleep, at least 9 hours no more than 12 each night.

Me! It has taken all my energy just to stay awake at work today, and I started yawning at around 10am! I guess the lack of caffeine also isn't helping. I don't have any methods or strategies for coping, but just wanted to say that I totally feel you!

I seem to have lots of company, it's reassuring. :winkwink: Since I found out I was pregnant, I've reduced my caffeine intake to one cup of coffee a day. I used to drink 2 or 3 cups every morning, I wonder if that has something to do with it too? Everyone around me must be wondering what's wrong with me, lol! :sleep: The only people who know I'm pregnant are my husband, my parents, and his parents. We don't want to tell anyone else until I am further along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->