Car seat safety issue

hopefully by th time she is 13kg she might have a better understanding of "sit down and keep your arms in or you will get hurt" - although knowing her she probably won't care!

Mine was 4 at that weight, so better understanding should definitely come by then.

I do think, however, that you need to make it very clear that getting her arms out etc. is not acceptable and that you are cross when she does it. You may need to sit in the back for a while and keep reinforcing it. I know you may not always have a second adult on every journey, so it may be difficult sometimes.
We do make it clear, but she just says "uh oh" and then cries, then we strap her back in and she instantly does it again. I'm a teacher so I'm off for the summer just now so I'm currently holding her in, but obviously that's not a long term solution.

According to her growth curve she will hit 13kg at 2.5. Are you sure your LO was 13kg at5? That's totally off the chart for size. Gracie is on the 25th centiles so even 2.5 is pretty small to be in an infant carrier type.

Yes mine was 13 kg at 4 years of age. Now, at 4 years 8 months, still just under 15 kg. She's always been tall and skinny but lost tons of weight due to severe illness. She weighed under 13 kg at 3.5. It's difficult to get her to put weight on as she eats small amounts and is always in movement.

Yes mine was 13 kg at 4 years of age. Now, at 4 years 8 months, still just under 15 kg. She's always been tall and skinny but lost tons of weight due to severe illness. She weighed under 13 kg at 3.5. It's difficult to get her to put weight on as she eats small amounts and is always in movement.

Poor thing. Gracie is petite all over but literally never stops eating, she is also super active. I'm not worried about her weight or height as everyone in both sides of the family is small framed.

Ironically she hasn't attempted to escape her car seat at all today. I spoke to joie again this morning (a more helpful staff member!) who agreed that ff with impact shield is probably not a good idea for someone as slight as our daughter, and reluctantly mentioned a chest clip which is UK tested so I think we might try that. I'm just a bit worried as to insurance implications and also we drive over a long dual carriageway over water every day!

Have you tried asking this Facebook group: csftl - uk & europe. They usually have some good ideas. I'm sure I read somewhere about putting a button-up shirt on the child and doing the buttons up over the straps (if that makes sense) - might be worth a try?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->