Car seats,

purpledahlia

Mummy
Reaction score
Ok, looking to find a big car seat now, Want one that rearfaces and obviously, shes almost 5 months, So one from birth probably. there is no way on earth she will fit her maxi cosi cabriofix up untill 9 months and im selling it soon to my friend who is due in Aug. I never use it on the chassis of the pram anymore, and when i have its only been out of laziness, i dont need too.

Soo.. not really sure what im looking for, but does anyone know if this is a good one?

https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wc...tdisplayA_51_10751_-1_14568_96573_10001_14568

dunno but it doesnt go very heavy rear facing, only to 13kg (28/29lb)

That's the one that we have, it's great :thumbup: My only complaint is it doesn't seem as stable in rearfacing mode as it is in the forward mode but it's obviously safe. The recline is great for when she looks like she might fall asleep :D

That one had really good reviews when I was looking into them. I'd recommend it anyway. You can get cheaper but for me it's not something to skimp on and it's a good recognised brand :D

dunno but it doesnt go very heavy rear facing, only to 13kg (28/29lb)
I'd say thats pretty heavy TBH, Paige is nearly 2 and half and isn't that weight yet and she isn't a small girl:)

I have a britax and have never had any problems :)

Yeah i'd rather pay more (even tho im BROKE) but its safety isnt it, I mean who knows in 7/8 months i might be able to buy a better rearfacing one but for now would you say thats as good as they get?? if not, what other ones?

the one Im looking at is significantly more money than that one (£250 ish) If it has good reviews and meets current safety standard then go for it.
I am saving for the seat mentioned above and hoping Theo still fits in his infant seat til August/September when I can buy it. I just dont want to have to buy two as I want him RF as long as poss and my last one wasnt very light at 2years old. It may well be that it would last Ava a long time RF depending on how fast she is gaining weight.

Do you want to do extended rear facing? I definitely do but the cost is scary! Still, gonna pay for it some how.

mmmm.. shes 16lbs atm... maybe a bit more, shes probably gaining a pound in about 3ish weeks?! My mums going halfers with me because she doesnt get on with the maxi cosi :rofl: and im selling my maxi cosi for 70. so 250 would be do-able, BUT, is it from birth? or 9months? Because one from 9months is no good

Well i have untill the end of july to get one, But ive not really got a clue where to start. I dont have a great car, so i think as safe as possible car-seat is a must. My car is old and only has an airbag in the drivers seat and stuff, its a VW polo but quite an old model

The Britax first class that I have is from birth, we used it when Aisling was 5 months old

Is that when you switched? thats what Ava will be about, well, about 6months i think, im guessing she will be around 18lbs,

Mine is from birth Claire you can get it in mothercare or in Stirling?? It goes up to 28-29lb.... wasnt that expensive was £100 and something?

https://www.baby-central.co.uk/item/Brand_ConcordUltimaxRelax_13_0_118_1.html

Theres a mothercare in stirling?! Yea i thought of yours but then its quite massive? are they all like that? theres no way i could move it from my car to my mums if she had her!

I've been searching for a good RF carseat for a while now. Can't seem to find anything decent anywhere. Dexter's still in the carseat that came with his Graco travelsystem.

bit OT but claire, when did you take the wedge out of your cabriofix?

iv still not taken it out of abigail's and her feet are gettin close to the end...so think i might take it out now? Shes 3 months on monday, so not too bad dont think?

We have the britax first class plus too and love it. Agree with Lu28, it doesnt seem as sturdy rearfacing as it is forward facing, and its abit of a faff getting baby in when its rear facing as the belt is right in the way... Bit of a nuisance when baby is sleeping but as far as Im aware they're all like that. Layla is nearly 15 months and only about 21lb so she'll be rearfacing in it for a good while yet. Would have liked one of the extended rearfacing ones but that was what we could afford at the time and Im very pleased with it :D

Have you looked at www.rearfacing.co.uk? They've got a list of suppliers, so you could go and get some fitted and get personal advice. We went for the Besafe iZi Combi X3 Isofix, which was pricey, but I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->