Casey Anthony

Retrials are typically for those found guilty and further evidence is discovered in their favor then they can request a retrial. Or if there was a hung jury or bad defense representation. With not gulty on all charges of muder and child neglect unless she does something else to someone unfortunatly there will be no retrial.

No, the only way she could be retrialed is if they did another angle. Kind of like how Ron Goldman's family sued OJ for wrongful death and Nicole Brown's family sued OJ in a "survivor suit" since he could not be tried for the actual crimes again.

I'd also like to point this out for anyone who is interested - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Ignatow The American law system is appalling. This man was accused of brutally murdering his girlfriend, he was acquitted. It was not until the trial was over pictures emerged that showed he was guilty as sin, not only of that but other horrific crimes. He could only then be charged with purjury. When he was in court for this offense he got up and admitted he did it but said "she died peacefully". What scum. Double jeopardy. Did that woman get any justice? Is that civil rights? Is that what it means to be a proud American citizen? Casey could now go tell the world she killed Caylee and do it with a smile on her face. Watch out for the book/movie because it's coming and the world can watch as Casey makes at least a million over the murder of her daughter. It makes me sick to the pit of my stomach.

So even if new evidence comes to light, she cannot be tried again?

What the fuck?

If Casey didn't report Caylee missing for 30 days, how the hell was she not even charged with child neglect?!

The mind boggles.

No :nope: She CANNOT be re-tried. There would be no retrial. In reference to the OJ case - it was a civil case. She cannot ever be tried for anything to do with Caylee's death - EVER. Someone could sue her in civil court but there would be no jail time.

Its absolutely disgusting. I read on that Ignatow case, wonder how bad the jurors felt after acquitting him when it was apparent that he did it. :nope:

No :nope: She CANNOT be re-tried. There would be no retrial. In reference to the OJ case - it was a civil case. She cannot ever be tried for anything to do with Caylee's death - EVER. Someone could sue her in civil court but there would be no jail time.

It is just utterly unbelievable. She must think it's bloody christmas!!!!! Eurgh.

Absolutely. I believe the jury will feel differently now they're out. They'll be seeing the reaction of the public and they must know how much of an uproar they have caused by the pure fact all of them refused to speak to the press. I don't think it was the right decision and I think in time they will know this too.

The biggest thing I find unbelievable is that they have let Casey get away with exactly what she's always got away with. She has lied and cheated her way through life. Lie upon lie upon lie to get herself out of anyway situation. And they have let her do it with the death of her own daughter. She must feel invincible. All it says to me is if you lie hard enough you can get away with murder. Absolutely despicable.

Absolutely heartbreaking :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6DEMJ74umw

I just wish I could pull her through the screen and hug her. It's not right there's been no justice. How can you brush the death of a beautiful little girl under the rug? I really despise Casey Anthony :nope: She can laugh, she can love and she can continue living her life. What did this little angel ever do to deserve her life to be taken so young? I cannot get my head around things like this. I just hope she's resting in at least some peace.

That video is heartbreaking, I am in tears :cry:

I'm not blaming the grandparents either but surely if you knew what your daughter was like, having not seen your grandaughter for 30 days would concern you....I suppose it's grasping at straws but so devestating this happened and NO ONE WILL EVER PAY!

I'm not blaming the grandparents either but surely if you knew what your daughter was like, having not seen your grandaughter for 30 days would concern you....I suppose it's grasping at straws but so devestating this happened and NO ONE WILL EVER PAY!

Casey left home and told her Mother she was at a conference in Tampa for work. She never had a job, she was in Jacksonville with her boyfriend. She kept making excuses day after day, Cindy didn't buy them but Casey wouldn't come home. When Cindy got Casey's car back she found a number of a friend who she called. That friend took her to Casey and Cindy demanded to see Caylee. She tried the usual excuses but Cindy told her to take her to her granddaughter now or she would call the police. Needless to say Casey did not produce Caylee and Cindy phoned the police :thumbup:

Casey left home and told her Mother she was at a conference in Tampa for work. She never had a job, she was in Jacksonville with her boyfriend. She kept making excuses day after day, Cindy didn't buy them but Casey wouldn't come home. When Cindy got Casey's car back she found a number of a friend who she called. That friend took her to Casey and Cindy demanded to see Caylee. She tried the usual excuses but Cindy told her to take her to her granddaughter now or she would call the police. Needless to say Casey did not produce Caylee and Cindy phoned the police :thumbup:

I have never wished this on anyone but I really hope someone gives Casey some 'real' justice!

Such a beautiful little girl. Why would anyone want to harm her?

I'm shocked at the verdict, how can she not be found guilty of child abuse!!!!!

Have you guys seen the front page of TMZ? https://www.tmz.com

:sick:

Ugh

Unfortunately, alot of people testified that Casey was a good mother, Caylee never went without and was a happy child so they couldn't find her guilty of aggravated child abuse because there was absolutely no evidence. As I stated before, the prosecution went too hard for murder in the 1st degree and that was their downfall. As much as Baez would like to think he's a good lawyer that wasn't the reason. We all know he is an uneducated fool. There wasn't a suitable verdict. I think if she had been indicted for second degree murder, child negligence and abuse of a corpse we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. Not many people are for the death penalty these days.

Am I right that Casey's defence suggested she drowned in the pool? So who are they suggesting was to blame for that?

Unfortunately it's not a crime if your child drowns in the pool. If you were supervising them then yes, you can be done for negligence, child abuse and most likely manslaughter. Her defense was that she made her way out of the doors while noone was looking and drowned. And that George disposed of the body.

In their state, if you accidentally kill a child in your care, negligently, that can be classified as 1st degree murder.

What I don't get is there's no evidence of ANY cause of death, but we are supposed to believe that the child drowned? How does that work? Any cause of death is possible because there is zero proof of ANY cause of death.

Absolutely heartbreaking :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6DEMJ74umw

I just wish I could pull her through the screen and hug her. It's not right there's been no justice. How can you brush the death of a beautiful little girl under the rug? I really despise Casey Anthony :nope: She can laugh, she can love and she can continue living her life. What did this little angel ever do to deserve her life to be taken so young? I cannot get my head around things like this. I just hope she's resting in at least some peace.

I can't even watch past the beginning :cry: poor poor Caylee.

Tbh, I really can't for the life of me begin to understand how Casey can live with herself. Even if she didn't do it, her beautiful girl is dead, her body dumped in a swamp. I mean, we heard what happened to her body after it was dumped there. How can she think about celebrating, smiling, living a life of freedom? If I was her I wouldn't even want to be alive.

What angers me the most is that you can't even rest easy knowing that she has to live with what she did and what happened every day of her life, because she clearly couldn't care less :nope:

Have you guys seen the front page of TMZ? https://www.tmz.com

:sick:

Ugh

Jose Baez and Cheney Mason make me sick. They didn't give a shit about Caylee or Casey for that matter. Cheney Mason was photographed outside the courthouse doing a victory dance and putting his middle finger up to the media. Asshole.

Am I right that Casey's defence suggested she drowned in the pool? So who are they suggesting was to blame for that?

Unfortunately it's not a crime if your child drowns in the pool. If you were supervising them then yes, you can be done for negligence, child abuse and most likely manslaughter. Her defense was that she made her way out of the doors while noone was looking and drowned. And that George disposed of the body.

In their state, if you accidentally kill a child in your care, negligently, that can be classified as 1st degree murder.

What I don't get is there's no evidence of ANY cause of death, but we are supposed to believe that the child drowned? How does that work? Any cause of death is possible because there is zero proof of ANY cause of death.

Thing is, the jury don't necessarily believe that Caylee drowned. It doesn't matter what the defense has used as their excuse, their job was to show reasonable doubt. They couldn't find her guilty of first degree murder but this doesn't mean they believe the defense. There's no evidence of this. If the case had been tried by the state showing negligence that Caylee drowned then it'd be the same verdict as there's no proof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->