Casey Anthony

Unfortunately, alot of people testified that Casey was a good mother, Caylee never went without and was a happy child so they couldn't find her guilty of aggravated child abuse because there was absolutely no evidence. As I stated before, the prosecution went too hard for murder in the 1st degree and that was their downfall. As much as Baez would like to think he's a good lawyer that wasn't the reason. We all know he is an uneducated fool. There wasn't a suitable verdict. I think if she had been indicted for second degree murder, child negligence and abuse of a corpse we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. Not many people are for the death penalty these days.

The system is so f**ked up. Poor Caylee, she truly looks angelic :cry:

Baez definetly did not win the case he was an idiot of a lawyer unfortunatly there just wasnt any evidence I guess the moral of this is if you going to kill a child do it in FL and lead the cops on a goose chase lie after lie until the body has had time to decompose in a swamp so there will be no hard evidence. Just so so sad.

I'm sure it's been said but this case reminds me so much of the Madeleine McCann 'case' :nope:

It has similarities but I wouldn't say there is alot of resemblance. Casey has always been a liar. Zanny the nanny was mentioned at least a year before Caylee went missing. She'd also made up jobs and friends way before all this happened. There's something seriously wrong with her and no doubt she'll get in trouble for her lying and stealing again. She can't seem to help herself.

I commend Jeff Ashton and Linda Drane-Burdick on the wonderful job they did. I know they feel as though that have failed Caylee but I think if we want to blame anyone it would be the law enforcement for not responding to Roy Kronk's calls earlier. If Caylee's remains had been found earlier I think this would of answered so many more questions and yesterday Casey would be sentenced to life in prison or death.

ETA: Sentencing is on at 9am tomorrow morning (2pm for us Brits) on WFTV. I'm guessing we'll all watch as Casey walks free :nope: Also the civil case against her by Zenaida Gonzalez (never knew Casey, suing her for the use of her name, defamation of character) goes to court on Friday. At least hopefully she'll get a fine or something :nope:

ETA: Sentencing is on at 9am tomorrow morning (2pm for us Brits) on WFTV. I'm guessing we'll all watch as Casey walks free :nope: Also the civil case against her by Zenaida Gonzalez (never knew Casey, suing her for the use of her name, defamation of character) goes to court on Friday. At least hopefully she'll get a fine or something :nope:

I can't bare to watch that woman walk free tomorrow. This is all just so so so wrong :growlmad:

My husband says he's not surprised. We let women* get away with murder! Hell that teacher who slept with her student - most said he should be grateful because she's hot. How fucked up.

*Attractive, white women

If this were a minority race female, she would be on death row.

No, the only way she could be retrialed is if they did another angle. Kind of like how Ron Goldman's family sued OJ for wrongful death and Nicole Brown's family sued OJ in a "survivor suit" since he could not be tried for the actual crimes again.

I would love for her parents to sue her for wrongful death. The problem is, I don't believe Cindy would allow it.

I don't think that race needs to be bought into this to be honest. I also don't think that's 100% true. I agree media coverage would be alot less but race tends to impact jury selection (it shouldn't but it does).

Also in regards to the last comment - that was what I was saying?

I don't think that race needs to be bought into this to be honest. I also don't think that's 100% true. I agree media coverage would be alot less but race tends to impact jury selection (it shouldn't but it does).

Also in regards to the last comment - that was what I was saying?

You may not think it needs to be brought into it, but it does. I've been here (U.S.) for a while now and racism is still an issue in this country. People do not want to believe a young white woman (an attractive one, at that) would kill their child.

I'm aware of Downs, Smith, etc., so it does happen, but the reality is, most people just don't want to believe it.

I don't know who you are addressing with the bolded because I didn't respond to anything you said.

I just can't get over that she got off. No matter how much of an incapable douche her lawyer is, WTF is wrong with that jury? I would love to get inside one of their heads. Perhaps if I knew where they were coming from I might not be so irked about this. They have the right not to talk to the media but I think in a case like this, when the whole world is like, WTF??, someone needs to set the record straight. Not fair to the rest of us!!

I think she is guilty as hell and should be put to death !! Caylee was such a beautiful girl and any family on BnB here would have loved to have her as a daughter!It sickens me how so many parents get away with murder when so many of us try so hard and long to have a child

I personally believe she's guilty. But since the jury didn't convict her, she won't be punished for it. Whatever happened, that little girl's death was planned. You can't have those types of internet searches, duct tape over the mouth, and the body in the trunk and not have planned it. But it's ok. Caylee will never feel pain anymore, she's away from the horrible "mother" and Casey will get what is coming to her when she passes away. She may not have justice on Earth, but she most certainly will in the afterlife, be sure of that.

I personally believe she's guilty. But since the jury didn't convict her, she won't be punished for it. Whatever happened, that little girl's death was planned. You can't have those types of internet searches, duct tape over the mouth, and the body in the trunk and not have planned it. But it's ok. Caylee will never feel pain anymore, she's away from the horrible "mother" and Casey will get what is coming to her when she passes away. She may not have justice on Earth, but she most certainly will in the afterlife, be sure of that.

Heinous crimes and injustices like this make me question a lot of things about life and myself. I truly wish I felt that were true, but sometimes, I just don't know.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-anthony-children/story?id=14009375

Ugh.

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a387/isiecal/article-2011804-0CE1AE6500000578-575_634x574.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SFko2Z_G5c&feature=player_embedded

Cheney Mason is a disgrace. This is him sticking his finger up at everyone after he left court after the verdict yesterday. As for the champagne celebration well.. Dorothy Clay Sims is also disgusting. I hope she enjoyed her victory dance :growlmad:

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a387/isiecal/article-2011804-0CE1AE6500000578-575_634x574.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SFko2Z_G5c&feature=player_embedded

Cheney Mason is a disgrace. This is him sticking his finger up at everyone after he left court after the verdict yesterday. As for the champagne celebration well.. Dorothy Clay Sims is also disgusting. I hope she enjoyed her victory dance :growlmad:

WHAT THE HELL! i didnt see this whole video until now, WTF kinda "professional" lawyers are they, WHY THE HELL is Dorthy taking pictures and all of the people outside. She was acting like a little girl not a full grown women

I just can't get over that she got off. No matter how much of an incapable douche her lawyer is, WTF is wrong with that jury? I would love to get inside one of their heads. Perhaps if I knew where they were coming from I might not be so irked about this. They have the right not to talk to the media but I think in a case like this, when the whole world is like, WTF??, someone needs to set the record straight. Not fair to the rest of us!!

Sadly, it doesn't make me feel any better because it is clear they did not understand the law here. These issues are not things they had to grapple with and further, second and third degree murder wer charges and they didn't have enough evidence of that? We need professional jurors like in France; people who are educated and have an understanding of the law.

Casey Anthony Juror: 'Sick to Our Stomachs' Over Not Guilty Verdict

https://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-anthony-children/story?id=14009375

Ugh.

Just read about this. It makes me so sad, so mad. I hope that God and nature prevent her from ever reproducing again.

Sadly, it doesn't make me feel any better because it is clear they did not understand the law here. These issues are not things they had to grapple with and further, second and third degree murder wer charges and they didn't have enough evidence of that? We need professional jurors like in France; people who are educated and have an understanding of the law.

Casey Anthony Juror: 'Sick to Our Stomachs' Over Not Guilty Verdict

:nope: She wasn't charged with third degree murder or negligence. I see you edited your post though. She was charged with murder in the first degree, then the lesser (second degree), aggravated child abuse and aggravated manslaughter of a child. Those jurors know she's guilty but unfortunately I have to say it - they were following the law. You are not to convict guilty if there is reasonable doubt. And that doubt was there was no evidence to say how Caylee died - so how do they know what theory was right? In line with the law no theory could be proven - so no guilt could be proven. Gah. It gives me a headache to think about it. I am mad they came to that conviction but I also can't condemn them for it :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->