Cats?

bunnyblonde

Reaction score
I know I'm not supposed to be changing the litter box, and if i have to to use gloves, and i know once baby comes to keep the cats away until baby can sit up or else theres a risk of suffocation. But are there any additional shots my cats should be getting? they're strictly indoor cats so they don't get shots very often. I don't necessarily want to tell my vet I'm pregnant since its still so early so i figured id ask here first

I've not done any additional vaccinations for my two indoor cats. In fact, I did very little intervention with them when my son was born. One of them quickly proved to be terrified of the tiny human and never went anywhere near him. The other, an elderly ornery male who I thought might have major adjustment issues, absolutely fell in love with the baby and wanted to be near him all the time. Not right on him - just within a few feet.

aww thats so sweet. I'm going to play it by ear when baby comes. if i need to ill close the door but if the cats show no interest or just protective interest, ill still monitor them but not close the door during sleep time. I've heard far more good things about cats with babies than i have of cats ever trying to smother baby, in fact I've never actually heard of it ever happening.

My cat is indoor and outdoor i just make sure he has his vaccinations and ive just wormed him. I had a different cat when i had my daughter and she never bothered with her at all i never worried about her jumping in the moses basket or cot but i always kept the door closed at night. The cat i have now is fairly young and much more nosy and likes to be with my daughter he seems to love children so i will have to be much more aware this time!

Playing it be ear us a good.idea. When i was pregnant, so many people asked me what what did I "plan to do" about the cats and the baby. Anyone who has ever had them knows that you can't really "plan" a cat. I had also heard way more good stories than bad stories, and decided not to add it to my list of 6,003 things to worry about.

I have an indoor cat and didn't do anything any different when I was pregnant with dd. I'm single so I cleaned the box and everything just like always. My OB told me it was fine as long as I wash up afterwards, which I always did anyway. When baby came home the cat (she was 2 at the time) was curious, but would only come close enough to sniff a little and then off she'd be. I never had any problems. For a long time the cat just avoided my daughter, and funny thing is, even when daughter started pestering her (daughter is 2 now) the cats ears would go back but she never once has tried to scratch daughter. She'd just make her escape as soon as she could. It's as if the cat knew my daughter was just a baby and she absolutely would not scratch or even hiss at her. Best to you and your little family, cat and all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->