Cautiously 'here' ! *2boys4girlsAllhereAllhealthyWedidit!!!!*

Happy V day V!!! :flower:

and a belated happy V day to Smiler! :flower:

I've FINALLY settled on the travel system we want (the Babystyle Oyster) and have negotiated a fairly good deal with our local stockists, so we're going to order it to celebrate our V day next week :happydance:

I have to confess to having done a fair bit of shopping already, but mostly for small things like clothes, cloth nappies, a swing, etc. I can't help myself!!! We do have some things left from DD too, like the cot and highchair, so the travel system is our only really big purchase. I'm so excited to get it here to have a play! The woman in the shop said they're happy to keep it until near my due date if I don't want it in the house yet - I was like, no way, gimme gimme gimme!!!!!

Have lovely weekends everyone xxx

Well it's Thanksgiving in Canada! So happy turkey day to everyone who isn't Canadian anyways!

Happy V day V and smiler!!

we're having the worst weather EVER - it's raining and miserable! this after a week of glorius sun! it's just making me miserable!!

Kit - i haven't bought a single thing for the Olive yet. I said i'd wait for V day which is this coming saturday and the 3D scan which is this friday. But i must admit - i'm not feeling as excited as i think i should be about buying stuff for the olive. It's like being in limbo like this has sapped ALL my excitement.

smudge - hope you're doing well!

Congratulations on V day girls ! :happydance:

My V day is Tuesday. It just weird, being this pregnant. I can feel movements properly now, which is both great and scary. Great because of the reassurance it gives, but scary because I always catch myself thinking 'oh sh!t, how long has it been since I felt some movement !' and the fear and anxiety seep in again.

I have bought a LOT of baby clothes and I got my car seat and pram a few weeks ago too. I wanted to, it made me feel positive that instead of just looking, and thinking 'soon, soon' (like I did for the first 16 weeks) to actually buy what I looked at. Sad thing is though, I won't take the tags off anything, I've kept all the receipts and I don't leave baby stuff lying around - it gets packed into the spare room and I try not to look at it too much.

I know I was a little like this when I pregnant with my daughters after losing my first son. But its been quite a long time and throw in a miscarriage on top and its making me extra fearful. I keep reading stuff about pregnancy loss instead of success - :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko: It scares me but, i find it oddly soothing too.

Ok, better go to bed now and stop being depressing. My husband gets home tomorrow - for 3 days anyway ! i'm going to make something fabulous for dinner - wish I could have a glass of wine...

:wine: i'd like a bottle of wine!
some good red wine. like "Black Lady" from warick wine estate up the road here.

Can definitely relate to reading all the stories about pregnancy losses and so forth and finding it oddly comforting!

i think maybe i'm a serial procastinator!! i think I'll be in labour and then make that call to my mom to go buy all the stuff on the list.

I keep having dreams about olive's birth - and it's soooo vivid. and the feeling of holding him/her for the first time is sooo amazing. and we've settled on names - for now anyway - Chloe for a girl and Finn for a boy. i'm pretty sure it'll change again soon soon.

anyone else settle on names?

Hi everyone!

Happy V day Smudge! I hope you've had a lovely time with Mr Smudge since he's been home :)

It's my V day tomorrow :D and that means travel system day too :happydance:

You may not have started shopping MommyD, but you're way ahead of me on the names front. They're both lovely names :) We haven't got a clue still! OH is a bit more traditional than me - I like more unusual names - so we've got to somehow meet in the middle.

I hope everyone's well and all bumps are good and wriggly. I've been trying to figure out which way round Button is from where the kicks mostly are, but I'm not getting very far. I know it's early days yet, but I don't want another breech baby :(

Hi girls we yhink we have decided on names.

Lucas Samuel for a boy and eithe Gabriella Zoe or OLivia Zoe for a girl.

It is really exciting thinking of Bob as an actual little person woth a proper name. I just want to meet him/her . 15 weeks seems like such a long time but Iknow it will fly by, especially woth christmas befoer them

Happy V Week, everyone ! Look..we all made it !

I like the names you girls have, we haven't come up with anything yet. I have a few ideas but nothing seems right. Of course, I had heaps of girl names that I loved before I found out he was a boy.

Nothing terribly exciting happening here this week. Mr Smudge :)haha:) is home for a few days. We have loads of stuff to do before he leaves again on Friday. I have another scan on Friday, to see if I still have placenta praevia.

Does anyone know how to upload a pic to here from an iPhone ?

Happy V day me!!! :yipee: :cake:

More lovely names Smiler :) Maybe OH and I will have a flash of inspiration soon.

I'm off to celebrate my V day with a lovely dose of physiotherapy - joy! Hope everyone's having nice days xx

P.S. Sorry smudge - I don't have an iphone and I can't even upload pics from my sony because work only let us plug encrypted things into our laptops :(

Thanks MommyD :D

You should SEE the back/bump support the physio's given me now - it's a very impressive bit of kit compared to the other one! She's trying to help me with all the back problems I've had since my DD, as well as the SPD, as it all seems to be connected. It'd be SO good if it all got sorted out once and for all.

She also gave me a huge bit of tubi-grip to wear over my whole bump and you double it up over the pubic area at the bottom for added support. I'm quite pleased because I can use it for binding after Button's born :)

HELLLO ladies.

had my 3D scan this morning - OMG - olive is soooo cute. (the kinda cute only a mommy can love at 24 weeks inutero ;-)) was uncooperative a bit - slept through the entire scan. showed us how she/he yawns and hiccups. and stretches. leg was over its' head - yoga position number 9 the sonographer reckons. But everything looks good. Heart has 4 working chmabers, 2 kidneys, stomach, bladder and brain all in good condition. Spine looks good. estimated birth weight is 3.4kgs (7.5 lbs). heartbeat was 147bpm which is normal for a sleeping olive. old wives tale says a low heartneat =boy. I'm not putting my money on that though.

oh man - this is sooo real to me now. i'm not sure what it was before - but now it's real - like super real. like i can't wait for olive to come already. We're still on team yellow. sorry - i'm rambling here - but i'm sooo excited.
how have you all been?

hi girls. Belated happy v-days to all. :happydance:

My house is still ripped to shreads hence my late v day wishes. Went to log on here tonight and realised I must have been logged on for about a week. :dohh:

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Nothing much to report here. have an apt at hospital on Monday. Depending on which doctor i see i may get a quick peek at bubs. If not my next scan is Nov 15th at 28 weeks. I cant wait for that scan cos after that we are going to tell the kids. I cannot wait to see their little faces when they find out. Its going to be amazing.

Loving all the name choices. We are still nowhere near a name and i cant seem to concentrate on boys names at all. i just keep looking at girls names. Have one particular favourite girl name but its not confirmed...."put it one the list" says oh. emm would that be the list of one then!!

I have bought nothing for baby yet. I have all the main things (cot, monitors etc) but I would love a new pram/travel system. There is dam all wrong with the one I have but I just want a new one. Oh not so keen -but he wont be pushing it !! (either the pram or the baby out lol)

mommoyd that real feeling hit me the day we had our anomoly scan. That was the day I fell in love with this baby. it was a fantastic day. unreal feeling.

Well guess what happened to me today. I was lifting a tub of pineapple and I hurt my back VERY badly! A "severe lumbar injury" is what the doc said. So I am off work until I start my mat leave. I was vomitting it hurt so freaking badly. They gave my demerol and a morphine drip and freeainf injections at the site. man oh man, I felt funky!

HI girls hope all is well with everyone.

Bob gave me a scare on Friday as I had no movement from him/her for over 24 hours and he/she is normally very active. Was sent up to the hospital where they had a nice long listen to heartbeat and said bob was probably facing my spine which is why I had felt no movements. They were lovely and very reassuring and since then little monkey has been very active and back to keeping mummy awake at night!!!!!

Hello everyone !

There's so much to catch up on, I'm sorry I've been slack. I'm so happy to read that everyone is doing well.
Kit, I want that support thingy ! Any ideas what it's called ? I STILL have not seen my doc, another week till my appt. I've pretty much seen every other dr in the practice and I'm sick of their different opinions. I did have an US on Friday which was great ! The best news is that my placenta has moved up, it's no longer a praevia !! Baby is perfect, he weighs 1lb and 8oz.

My husband is still away, which is really driving me mad. I've been looking at nursery furniture and I want to buy it NOW ! I feel like he should be around for picking this stuff, but he's basically home for 3 weeks total between now and Christmas.

We've also just been told we're moving back to Australia in March ! So much to do ......:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

holy moly smudge - you're going to be one hectically busy bee... Are you excited to move back to Aus?

Morning sickness has returned - i'm devastated. i feel like i'm back in tri 1. i've been reading that it has a tendency to return in tri 3. but never thought it would happen with me - maybe it'll be scaled down in comparison to tri 1... :-(

Hi all,

MommyD - I'm glad your scan was so good :) I'm sorry about the :sick: though. Have you tried the travel bands - the acupressure ones? My friend found those really helped. I forgot all about them during our 1st tri, but I'll definitely give them a go if my ms comes back.

V - I hope your back's feeling better?

Smiler - Naughty Bob :D It's great everything's fine though and they were so good at seeing you quickly and reassuring you.

Smudge - can you send your DH pictures and links so that he can kind of virtual shop with you? Then you can agree on something together still. Are you pleased about the move back to Australia? You're certainly going to be uber-busy for a while!!

I looked at the label on my support belt straight away with you in mind, but it's just a generic one with no brand names on it. I've had a look around online and this one is fairly similar I think: https://www.amazon.com/Gabrialla-El...2361&linkCode=wsw&tag=dese-20&creative=380793

Like mine it has the stays to improve posture and support the back and it's quite wide at the back, but narrower at the front and is designed to only go under your bump, not over it too like some do, which apparently gives the best support. I'm meant to wear it over the top of the tubi-grip, which goes down a bit lower to provide the extra hip/pelvis support. I look HOT! :haha: I've found that kneeling up with a beanbag underneath me to support my bump and head really helps to rest my pelvic muscles, so you could try that too.

Well my back is not great :( I actually tore the muscles off of my spine. So I had all these notions of what I was going to do when on mat leave. Like getting babies room ready and washing all the little clothes etc etc and now I have been told I will probably be laid up the whole time. They gave me morphine to take every 4 hours and it makes me so pukey and sick feeling that I prefer to go with the pain then feel the sick. I am so miserable :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->