Cautiously 'here' ! *2boys4girlsAllhereAllhealthyWedidit!!!!*

Hello Ladies!

First I want to say Congratulations on all of your pregnancies! Second, I hope I'm not stepping on anyones toes posting in here but I'm afraid I may be having a very early miscarriage and just wanted to try to get some advice.
I got my bfp last Sunday. I continued to test because I'm crazy and it got darker every other day. Thursday evening it was very dark. Then late Thursday night i started spotting brown. It continued Friday. Yesterday it became lighter and even lighter today. I wouldn't be too worried because I know women have spotting in early pregnancy but what scares me is I have taken a test yesterday and this morning. Both are fainter then the one on Thursday. That isn't good right? I was just wondering when will I begin to actually bleed so I can move on? I'm just waiting in limbo right now and my emotions have been on a rollercoaster ride. I will get my hcg levels checked tomorrow but I'm pretty sure this is over.. But..by reading all these posts, you ladies have given me hope for next month!

Sorry this is so long. I appreciate any input. Thank you very much. :flower: Again, congratulations!

I know it's hard not to, but it's so hard to predict what's going on that it is best to try and wait for some definitive results if you can. You may still be pregnant (the darkness of my test lines varied at the start and you may have just had a small implantation bleed) but if not then you may well be very soon again like all of us.

Once I started bleeding with my mc it just got progressively heavier, so I don't have any experience of spotting, then it stopping, and how long it might take to start bleeding again if you have mc. Maybe one of the ladies on the MC Support forum could help with that - I found that forum a great support.

I hope your hcg results are good, or you get your bfp soon after again xxx

Thank you for your input Ladies. I really appreciate it and your kind words.

Kitkat- Did you have darker and lighter lines when you were first testing? Thanks again.

I've tipped over from crazy moody into crazy tearful. I've got LOADS of work to do and it's really stressing me out and then we built the changing/bath unit and it's tonnes bigger than I expected and doesn't fit in the nursery. Then to top it all off my rather 'special' OH put the curtain pole up in the nursery without cutting it to length, so it extends MILES either side of the window, which not only looks odd but also means that the curtains might not be wide enough now. How STUPID can you get??!!!!

So I cried basically...lots. SO pathetic lol.

Thank you for your input Ladies. I really appreciate it and your kind words.

Kitkat- Did you have darker and lighter lines when you were first testing? Thanks again.

Yes I did and quite low hcg levels. It varies loads between women and depending on what time of day it is, how much you've drunk, what brand of test, etc, etc.

Hi Kiki

Sorry to hear about your spotting. I know its really stressful. When I had my miscarriage I didn't really spot..I went to the bathroom and there was a bit of red. I rang my DRs office and asked them what I should do. They had just got my HCG results and they were extremely low for how far along I was. The nurse immediately told me that she thought it was over. From then on, the bleeding got heavier and heavier and the cramps started and I miscarried.

From what I know, spotting isn't so bad. It's the colour and if its accompanied by cramping is it something to be concerned about. In the beginning of this pregnancy, I did hundreds of hpts of varying brands. They all had different 'strengths' of lines. What I did while I was in limbo and waiting on hcg results, was order 50 hpts online and use them at least twice day. I had them all lined up, so I could check the lines and I kept them (yuck!) until the pregnancy was well and truly confirmed. What I did notice is that they get to a certain darkness and then stop. And if I drank lots or exercised etc it did affect colour. So basically once you've got a bfp, I think its down to HCG results. That said, at 5 weeks pg, my HCG this time was 25 and my dr told me I would miscarry..... proved him wrong !

Good luck, I hope everythings ok.

Girls I think we've slipped into full blown pregnancy psycho land !:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

The only thing that worries me about this is I KNOW how insane I am...but I can't stop ! And what if it never does ? What if I'm destined to be a mad bitch forever ???

Yeah I tihnk so too Smudge. I was completely stroppy with my poor DD this morning and that was after she saw me crying last night and got all worried. :( I'm a horrible Mum!!

My doggy is dying :( We have had her for 18 years and I know she is old and it is her time but man oh man I am not taking it well at all. She used to sit beside my daughters playpen and if she was sleeping she would not let anyone near it. Not in a mean dog growling kind of way but she would stand in between you and the playpen so you couldnt touch the baby. She has been the best dog ever. Im heartbroken.

:hugs: V. I'm so sorry. I lost my doggie 2 years ago. I got him before I had children and he was my baby for so long. Look after yourself, it's so hard.:flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower:

Presentation scan tomorrow - get that head down Button! Full term on Wed :happydance:

I hope everyone else is ok and I'm thinking of you V :hugs:

P.S. I think I'm going to get my OH to watch One Born Every Minute tonight, as preparation for labour lol. Do you get it in your parts of the world?

Ive never heard of that show but we watch baby story sometimes. It scares me more then him LOL

There was a woman on it absolutely screaming the place down and thrashing about like a mad woman - any first time mum to be watching it must be petrified now!

We don't get that show here in the US.

I'm glued to my puter watching stuff about the Queensland floods in Australia. My parents live in Brisbane on the river. I've spoken to them and they have some sandbags down and have done what they can. They're barricaded in so can't leave unless they scale the back wall of the garden. They know that the ground floor will flood and are hoping that it won't go any higher. Why do we get all the disasters ? Wish I was there. They're supposed to be getting here in a weeks time, don't think they'll make it at this stage !!

as for me, nothing happening. Got another NST tomorrow..still repeating my mantra of 'get the baby out, get the baby out'.

How scary! Knowing a flood is right on your doorstep! I would be scared shitless! My cousins in Austrailia have not gotten back to my Mom in over a week so she thinks there phones have been wiped out by the flooding.

Get the baby out ya say? I am desperate to get this done with soon. Hopefully we will be moved into our new house next week so then I can just have the baby and life will be great! We got our crib and car seat yesterday so we are offcially ready to go if bubs comes early.

Midwife says I am probably not going to make it till my due date as baby is very low and seems to be a big baby! YIKES! My *tmi* discharge is thickening too so I know things are starting to move down there! I got my red raspberry leaf in the mail today and am going to start it immediately!!!!!!

There was a woman on it absolutely screaming the place down and thrashing about like a mad woman - any first time mum to be watching it must be petrified now!

what a tit - an absolute tit. she made a right show of herself. I told my OH he has the right to slap me one if I do that. Bit that annoyed me the most was when midwife told her she done really well. Lying bitches - I always believed them when they told me that lol.

My little one is head down :happydance:

Come on button - make mummy happy be head down !!

Smudge - I hope that your family are ok. the days are ticking away rightly for you now - not long to your big day. :thumbup:

:hugs: for V - not having much luck these days are you. New baby new start!

My parents have evacuated. I spoke to my Mum an hour ago and the water is at the front door, which is on the second level, so the first floor is completely under. Sucks. I cannot imagine my parents house full of water.

I had my usual NST this morning. I fully expected to see contractions on the monitor because I had pain all night and it was still there, but nothing :(
When I was leaving I had the worst pain in my cervix that I have ever felt. I literally couldn't walk, it was horrible. I made it out to the car and got home though. spent the day on the couch until we had to go out tonight. As I was alking around I had really intense back/bum pains. It feels like (tmi) constipation or a bowling ball pushing down. Baby is right down low according to todays US, so here's hoping. My lower back is in constant pain and I can feel this baby hanging sooooooooo low. I can't go on much longer, it's so unbelievable.

9 days feels like a lifetime.

smudge - hope all's well with your parentals!

I've been in hospital for the past 3 days. was admitted sunday night bleeding and then when they got me hooked up to the monitors discovered i was in premature labour. bleeding stopped. got a shot to stop contractions. OB not comfy with the labour cause they don't know what caused the bleeding. the shot slowed the contractions and decreased the intensity.
Olive is absolutely fine - not a hint of distress. been on a heart monitor for 3 days and his/her heartbeat is strong and normal. contractions still haven't stopped but they're not as sore now. not dialated either. so in a nut shell - nobody knows what the hell is going on. OB says if it gets to the labour stage again and there's no bleeding he won't stop it since olive is full term this saturday. waiting for blood and urine results to come back to rule out UTI.
I'm so not ready for olive to come!!! i have very little ready for him/her. and sundays contractions made me remember WHY i wanted epidural in the first place LOL...

Oh my word - what an eventful few days!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your parents' house Smudge - how horrible. I'm glad they're safely out of there :hugs:

I was going to say that it sounds like Smudge and V are edging ahead in the baby race, but then MommyD overtook you on the inside! I didn't realise they'd still try to stop labour at that late stage, but at least Olive seems fine and she's had a bit longer to cook (and you've got a bit longer to get things ready).

I keep wishing something would happen and then remembering that I'm not ready either! Washing and work are my main concerns. NONE of the baby stuff is washed (bedding, nappies, clothes) and I have a TONNE of work to get through, that should have been finished before Christmas really! I'm full-term now and Button is...HEAD DOWN!!!! :happydance: so I need to get a move on!

I'm glad yours is head down too Bean :) and hurrah for r leaf V!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->