• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cautiously 'here' ! *2boys4girlsAllhereAllhealthyWedidit!!!!*

contractions - 4 in 45mins. just getting more intense. am heading to hospital now!!

Holy liftin we are going to have some more babies here soon!

So here is the big birth story....there is a scary part so beware!
Well all day Friday I was having contractions on and off and a funny burning feeling on the top of my tummy. I was sure something was going on because I was used to the contractions starting and stopping. I went to bed and everything stopped. Then all day saturday nothing was happening. I didnt have any contractions at all. I laid down on my loveseat at about 5 pm to watch Ferris Buellers day off and I had 4 contractions very close together. Then I got up to cook supper and had three more. So i thought oh i better be timing these. sorry for lack of capitols but the baby is occupying one arm! lo By 6:30 i knew it was probably time to get ready for the hospital because they were coming 6 minutes apart and getting very very strong. so we packed up and headed out in a snow squall. Picked up my mom and dropped off my daughter on the way. It took a very very long time to get to the hospital because of all the snow. On the way to the hospital we called the midwife because she wanted to meet us in the office to make sure I was in labor. But by the time we hit the city the contractions were 2 minutes apart and almost 2 minutes long. So she met us in the hospital. As we were waiting for the lords slowest nurse to check me in I went and sat in the waiting area and had 4 contractions right on top of each other. And as my OH brought me up a wheelchair I felt a little pop. My water broke. Mind you it didnt come flooding out until I got upstairs and went to get in the bed. They put me in the back room because I was making so much noise lol They checked me while waiting for the midwife and said I was only 5 cm. But I had a contraction while she was checking me and I went to 8 1/2 during the contraction. Then my midwife came in and had to do a whack load of goofy stuff on the computer. She had me get up so that I was hanging onto the back of the bed and the minute I moved into the posisiton I had a huge urge to push. As I pushed a huge gush of fluid came out and she went "Oh my we have pushing" and checked me again. I was 8 cm and almost fully dilated when I had a contraction. This was within 25 minutes I went from 5 cm to 10. So she said she would hold the lip of the cervix out of the way if I felt like pushing. So when she said to push...I friggin pushed. I just had this crazy urge that I needed this baby out NOW! This is when the other midwife showed up to assist and she tried to get a fetal heartbeat and because I was having so many contractions they could not get a good heartbeat how I was posistioned. *sp* So they flipped me back over unto my back to get a good heartrate and see how far I was. My mom and OH held my legs in the air and I started to give it my all. It was then that things got quiet and the midwife made the bed go back all the way and had them push my legs as far back as they would go. Which was agonizing but she said "You NEED to keep her hips apart." and I noted a little bit of panic in her voice. I had my eyes closed almost the entire time but I cracked an eye to look at OH and I knew by his face that something was wrong. So I did what I could with no information and PUSHED the midwife goes "WHOA thats a girl" and then I felt her head emerge...and then get stuck and then I heard a huge POP. It turns out it wasnt her head but her shoulders that got caught under my pubic bone. And her other shoulder broke my tailbone :( So then the midwife almost yelled at me. She said "You need this baby out NOW!" So I gave it one HUGE grunt and felt her slide out onto my tummy. She didnt cry right away and they took her from me to check her out. She had to have oxygen and they were checking her over and over. When her head emerged the cord was wound round her neck and then getting her shoulders stuck compressed the cord so she was out of oxygen for a minute or two. And that was why she was sluggish to cry at first. She started crying pretty loud when they gave her back to me. And she latched right on to my breast *where she has since set up permenent residence* and stayed there for almost an hour. Her little face was very bruised from coming down the birth canal so fast but she has almost got rid of all that now. She is doing very very well. Is having lots of nice wet diapers and is starting to poop more regular. I have not had her weighed yet but by the amount of time she spends on the boob I dont think she has lost very much weight LOL

wow, V that must have hurt like hell ! My first baby broke my tailbone, I know how much that stings (and still does) It's great that Marie-Eve is doing so well, considering her dramatic and scary entrance.

Fingers crossed for you MommyD ! Hope its all going well and quick. Can't wait to see pics and read another birth story.

Speaking of which I was about to write mine and Patrick is whinging in his swing, so I have to go and cuddle..try again later.

Hope Kit and Bean are feeling good:flower:

Great news mommyd. :thumbup: Good luck

V - well done you. God that must have hurt. hope you are healing well.

Poor kit - Wonder whats happening with her. Hope button has decided to come today.

Its not been too bad today thank god but before today I was pretty sure I would never walk again. The worst part is I really really need to have a good cough as I feel soemthing stuck in my throat but I have stitches and am terrified of ripping them out...and my darn tailbone hurts so much it hurts to even consider coughing.

Just saw over in third tri that Kit has been getting pains but they are less regular with movement. Fx'd for her that it progresses.

Damn...I just realised that I mustve deleted my cautious banner when I made my new ticker...off to find the link LOL

That's great news about MommyD! Hope it's all going well xxx

I'm not going to read your birth story just get V - don't want to freak myself out. my 24 hour window for the maternity unit came and went, so I decided to have a sleep. I hadn't wanted to before because I knew lying down would make my contractions stop again, which it did. Hospital appointment in the morning to check me over and for the induction that I'm going to refuse if everything seems ok. I'm still hoping they'll tell me my waters haven't gone after all - I really don't think they have. Def having a show though, which is progress at least.

Ya dont read it yet Kit! Thats why I put it in spoilers

They're not even going to check about my waters again-said they've just got to assume they've gone (which means no maternity unit for me). They're monitoring button's heart rate and then deciding on the induction.

Sorry your not going to get to deliver in the maternity unit. Thats probably very disappointing for you.

Good luck with the induction. The end result will be the same - You will be holding your gorgeous baby soon.

Ohhh bummer...that can be so dissappointing

The heart rate was quite high, which it always has been because he/she is always so active, so they made me wait to do it again, when it was a bit lower. My swab and blood results were all clear, except for a slightly higher than normal crp (protein) level. She said 6 is normal, that it can increase to 12 with pregnancy, that at 40 you have an infection and need oral antibiotics and that at 50 you need antibiotics by drip. Mine was 17.

I decided to still decline the induction and come home to research crp levels, inductions, etc. I had to sign a form saying I was discharging myself against medical advice, which was a bit scary and the doctor told me I was putting my desires in front of my baby's health, which is not the case AT ALL. I believe that a natural labour IS what's best for my baby and only want to use intervention if the baby is at risk, which I don't believe it is. It's not to do with what i want for ME. I've already lost the chance to labour at the maternity unit anyway, so whatever happens I'm not getting what I wanted from that perspective.

I've got to go back in the morning for more blood tests and heart traces anyway, so if the crp levels have gone up at all then I'll have to agree to the induction. The more I read about it though, the more I hope it doesn't come to that. It sounds like I'd find it much harder to not use any pain relief and it also sounds like I might well end up getting rail-roaded into having a c-section if it doesn't progress according to their 'guidelines' :(

Kit, I wish it was all easier for you. You're overdue already so that baby isn't far away, I hope she/he is ready and comes very soon !

I reckon MommyD's having a baby, if she hasn't already....

Kit an induction does not mean a long labour with lots of intervention. I have had two inductions and they were both very different experiences. My daughter was induced at term (but about a week over by my dates). I got the prostin (?sp) gel at 6am. i never even got a cramp till 11am. My daughter was born at 13.20. it was a very intense labour no doubt but I delivered her with gas and air only and had very little monitoring. She was 9lb 4oz. Dont feel that induction is the road to c-section.

Because you are already a week over you are bound to be almost ready to go and I hope that if you are induced it will be as positive of an induction as it can be. Good luck.

Saw a post on Kit's 3rd tri thread that her waters have definately gone this morning. she posted just before 2am so hopefully contractions have started for her now and she can avoid that induction.

No update from Mommyd - looking good for a baby announcement soon!!!!!!!

My trip to hospital on tuesday evening was for nothing. But then wednesday morning brought with it different kinds of pains ..... went in - again - and then they classed me in active labour at 9:32am Little Mika was born on wednesday 1:45pm weighing in at 3.6kgs (7lb 93ounces). She's just perfect.

Short labour - 4 hours. only needed 2 stitches after! we're both doing well. will post pics later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->