• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cautiously 'here' ! *2boys4girlsAllhereAllhealthyWedidit!!!!*

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 babies! I was only 4 hours too! Man our cautious babies are in a hurry for dinner LOL

Hi all. Sorry for the delay in posting-couldn't get phone to work here yesterday. Went in to labour after waters broke like bean said. Came in to hospital at 7 am on thurs.
They attached me to the monitor and button went nuts again,moving LOADS and heart rate shot up,so I asked if I could try lying on my side. The mw said ok,but when I moved the machine lost the heartbeat. She tried to find it again,but could only find mine. She got another mw in and they got me lying flat,but realised that the really slow heart rate was button's,not mine. All of a sudden all these alarms were going off and about 10 more people ran in. I was checked and found button had passed thick black meconium and had possibly grabbed or tangled the cord in panic. I was rushed in to theatre and given a general.
Brianna Florence was born by emergency c section at half 7, weighing a whopping 9lb 10oz! She was absolutely fine and besides being a bit traumatised,so am i. I'm SO relieved she's out and safe and so in love. I can't stop cuddling her and gazing at her lol. She's so content and chilled out and absolutely beautiful. She's doing well with bf too :)

Congratulations to mommyd!!! Really pleased for you, especially after all your false labour for days beforehand! Can't wait to see pics!

So,just bean to go then...unless i've missed an update? Hope all's going well bean? Thanks for your support re induction xx

My trip to hospital on tuesday evening was for nothing. But then wednesday morning brought with it different kinds of pains ..... went in - again - and then they classed me in active labour at 9:32am Little Mika was born on wednesday 1:45pm weighing in at 3.6kgs (7lb 93ounces). She's just perfect.

Short labour - 4 hours. only needed 2 stitches after! we're both doing well. will post pics later.

Congrats Mommyd. What brilliant news. Enjoy your little princess

Hi all. Sorry for the delay in posting-couldn't get phone to work here yesterday. Went in to labour after waters broke like bean said. Came in to hospital at 7 am on thurs.
They attached me to the monitor and button went nuts again,moving LOADS and heart rate shot up,so I asked if I could try lying on my side. The mw said ok,but when I moved the machine lost the heartbeat. She tried to find it again,but could only find mine. She got another mw in and they got me lying flat,but realised that the really slow heart rate was button's,not mine. All of a sudden all these alarms were going off and about 10 more people ran in. I was checked and found button had passed thick black meconium and had possibly grabbed or tangled the cord in panic. I was rushed in to theatre and given a general.
Brianna Florence was born by emergency c section at half 7, weighing a whopping 9lb 10oz! She was absolutely fine and besides being a bit traumatised,so am i. I'm SO relieved she's out and safe and so in love. I can't stop cuddling her and gazing at her lol. She's so content and chilled out and absolutely beautiful. She's doing well with bf too :)

Congratulations to mommyd!!! Really pleased for you, especially after all your false labour for days beforehand! Can't wait to see pics!

So,just bean to go then...unless i've missed an update? Hope all's going well bean? Thanks for your support re induction xx

Congrats hun. Sounds very scary. Thankfully you and Brianna are well. What a whopper of a girl!!!. Enjoy.

AFM - knew I would be last lol. Anyway if no movement this weekend i will be induced on Monday night/Tuesday morning. Doc had originally said she would do it this week but I was nowhere near ready - cervix high and no engagement. So she said one more week to go naturally then induction at term+7. I was actually glad cos I would love to go naturally - unfortunately baby is very cosy and I dont think its moved down any so its looking like 3rd induction for me.

Wow kit! I thought I had a big baby! I hope the section doesn't hurt to bad :(

[oh Kit. I got a chill just reading what happened. Thats how my first son died. I am relieved beyond belief that Brianna is here and ok. I'm SO happy for you, oh god don't scare me like that again!

WELCOME BRIANNA!! GOOD JOB KIT !!​

excellent news MommyD ! I love her name, thats so pretty. And yes, we need to see pics !
YAY MOMMYD! WELCOME TO THE WORLD, MIKA !

Patrick has a lot of ladies to choose from lol

Loving the thread title. :)

Hope all the babies are doing well and mummies too of course.

Will be admitted tomorrow for my induction so this will be my last post until I have a baby. :shock: Never thot I would get this far.

Thank you to all of you for the hugs and the laughs along the way.

Thinking of you Bean. Wishing you a nice easy, routine labour. Can't wait to read all about it :hugs: xxxxx

All of us are going to have our babies soon! Think back to when we were counting HCG levels ladies LOL

Just checking in for possible Bean updates. I hope it's all going well xxx

[oh Kit. I got a chill just reading what happened. Thats how my first son died. I am relieved beyond belief that Brianna is here and ok. I'm SO happy for you, oh god don't scare me like that again!

I didn't realise that was what happened Smudge. I'm sorry to trigger those memories. TBH I felt something was going to go wrong during labour all along, but my friends and family kept putting it down to my paranoia after the mc. When they took me in to theatre I thought it had all come true and that Button had died or would be seriously ill afterwards and was trying to think of how I was going to tell my DD and how I was going to make myself carry on. When I came round I was so shocked that she was OK - I couldn't take it in. I was bawling hysterically and couldn't believe she was alive and healthy even when I was holding her. I feel so lucky and blessed that it turned out like that when it so easily might not have. I already thought you were amazing for having the strength to get through and to try again, but now I feel that even more - I'm so glad you've got the happiness you deserve xxx

Don't worry about it Kit, you couldn't have known! They didn't recognise the symptoms of extreme distress when I was in labour. Even when they broke my waters and they were heavily stained. It was horrific, he was stuck in the birth canal for hours, by the time they dragged him through he was completely full of meconium, there was no way he could breathe. After that, it was mistake after mistake until he died 44 hours later.

I started reading your story with my heart rising to my mouth not wanting to continue thinking it was going to end.. I can't tell you the relief and happiness to know that it DIDN"T happen that way for you. Brianna is here, she's alive and everythings ok !

I can't describe what it's like to go through that. Well I could but I;d be here for days..... One thing I will say though is that the only way out is through, if that makes sense. It's a matter of life or death, what do you choose ? Because either you let it kill you or you have to go on, however life turns out.

I've been checking in constantly, waiting for Bean... Where is that baby ???? She must be all blissed out and too busy in babyland !

i had something similar happen with Mika - the midwife on duty kept picking up a real low heartbeat - and then when my OB came to check in on me he discovered it was my heartbeat and not the baby's. they gave me a shot of something and said "PUSH". thankfully it wasn't as traumatising as your experience Kit - but i had paeds and another OB and nurses rushing around the delivery room like lunatics.

i'm glad everything turned out fine for you though.

Any news from Bean yet?

still no news from bean. hope she is just busy with her new arrival

Still checking in for Bean........

So girls, how are we all doing ?? This thread has slowed down a bit now that we're all busy with gorgeous babies.

Patrick is lying here on my shoulder wrapped in a muslin because he keeps spitting up on himself. He's a cuddly boy, often he cries until he's picked up and then as soon as you have him in your arms, he's snuggled in and fast asleep. BFing is going well, he's been the easiest baby. Doesnt' like sleeping by himself and gets a but whiny if he's left alone. I can't believe he's a month old tomorrow - where did time go ?

Hugs to everyone, especially Bean. Wherever you are, I hope everythings ok !

Busy you say???? Lordy I have never been so busy doing nothing in my entire life! My baby is a total booby monster! I am pinned to the couch for HOURS a day! I am having some issues with my stitches though and that is bumming me out...plus I shattered my darn tailbone having Mimi *her nickname* so sitting is very uncomfortable for me right now...today is my first day off the pain meds. They decided to remove my tailbone once I stop breastfeeding so good riddance to that pain in the ass *literally haha* Her new playpen and swing arrived today so she is finally seated comfy and swinging away right now. I realized today that the reason she has been so fussy the passed few days have probably been from my morning coffee. It never occured to me that she may be getting the caffiene second hand until I watched her startle during her little nap today and she seemed super jumpy all afternoon.

How is everyones hormones??? I have been weepy and pretty snappy with people...I feel bad but I can feel it wearing off. Has anyone else ever had internal stitches? When I had Aurora I didnt have stitches so I am new to this stitches thing and the idea of getting it on with OH again has me TERRIFIED! Not that I am considering it anytime soon but even a month from now Iw onder if everything will be "ok" down there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->