Cautiously 'here' ! *2boys4girlsAllhereAllhealthyWedidit!!!!*

Ugh...its been a rough week in baby land. Meme has started this screaming thing...she has been a blissfully perfect baby until until the past 7 days. She screams for no reason it seems and everyone and their dog keep telling me its gas. Well its not bloody rudding gas. I have tried everything to keep her gas down and she makes a lot of toots and always burps so I am sure its not a problem with gas. I swear I think she is teething. But she has also taken to being lazy at the breast and I keep having to re-latch her. Its getting frustrating. Plus, my doctor took me off the meds for the PPD because she thinks I am becoming to dependent on them. WHAT? The women is a total moron.

Well girls, it's been a long time and I am so sorry ! I have been so incredibly busy it's unbelievable. You know what I just realised when I logged on here and saw my sig ? That I've forgotten how old Patrick is !! I thought he was 15 weeks this week and he's 16 ! Bad mummy :( So frantic at the moment, I got my babys age wrong.

Anyway, Patrick (Patchy-poo, Little Man, PATRICIA -when he's grumpy!) is wonderful. Sleeping mostly through, from about 11-6am. He's had a grumpy few weeks which I was positive was teething but now I'm not so sure as it's calmed down and he has no teeth. He's very interested in food, so I'm going to give him some cereal this weekend and see how we go.

We've moved into our house and last week our stuff arrived from the US, so I've spent a week buried in boxes and my house is a disaster zone - there's not enough room even though there's 5 bedrooms - I have too much crap.

Happy to see that everyone and their Cautious bundles are doing well ! We should keep in touch (says me who disappeared for weeks...)

xxSMUDGE

Patrick just went for his 4 month shots today. Hate it when his face changes and he screams from the pain :( He's ok now, having a big sleep though.

I'm just curious though, do any of your babies snore ? Pat snores pretty regularly, he's snoring away right next to me now. When he's awake, he frequently has a bubbly, wheezing gurgle. I asked the doc about it and he listened to his chest and said it was clear and it sounds as though the noise comes from his throat. He's not concerned but did tell me to keep and eye on his breathing esp while asleep in case it stops...GREAT thing to tell an already paranoid mother. He said that sleep apnoea is pretty rare in children, even more so in babies. None of my other kids snored as babies, (my 11 yr old snores like a buzzsaw now though) so I'm a little worried and curious about how common this is.

Anyway, back to the boxes and the mountains of rubbish in my house..

Hi all!

Smudge, Breezy is really dribbly and sucky/bitey atm, so I was wondering the same thing about the teething. I think DD started around now. She's also developed a habit of getting extremely grumpy if I don't pre-empt when she needs a sleep and get her down in time. I'm hoping she'll fall into a more regular routine in the day soon, so I know when to put her down to catch her before the grizzles get out of hand each time. If I get it right she just lies there and gurgles to herself quite happily before sucking her thumb and going off peacefully.

Re. the snoring, Breezy did it a bit when she was born, but seems to have grown out of it along with her other littles grunts and squeaks she used to make. I miss them! It could just be caused by extra dribble blocking his airways a bit - maybe he is teething?

Hope everyone else and their mini-me's are doing well :)

hi ladies

cant believe how quicly time fkies, Imogen will be 15 weeks old tomorrow. she snores all the time! doc says it is quite commo as she is bunged up and most winter babies are more snuffly than summer babies as they have not built up an immunity to all the winter bugs.

i am having quite a rough time with little one at the moment. she had a growth spurt about two weeks ago but instead of lasting just a couple of days it lasted 8 days and in that time she was feeding almost every hour day and night! i ended up being so sore that i ended up crying every time i fed her, i almost resorted to formula.

She then settled down for a few days but has out grown her moses basket so i have pit her in her cot and she is only sleeping for between 1 and 2.5 hours again at night!! Does anyne have any advise? I dont think it help that she is bunged up and i thnk she is teething!

Apart from the nights she is an absolute joy and i thank God for her every day as well as for all our other cautios babies!!

Congrats to all of you ladies on your beautiful, healthy babes! I was invited to this thread by Smiler. :) I m/c in January and am now I am 8w5d pg with #2. So, I thought I'd check this thread out. I'm super nervous and having a hard time getting excited.

Welcome to our little thread Nichole. Have a squizz at the previous posts (rambles). we're a pretty unique bunch. I found TONS of comfort and re-assurance from the ladies in this thread.

Mika is teething. routine is non existent. and she still has blue eyes. neither husband nor I have blue eyes or family with blue eyes. she has mommys dimples though :)
She also snores quite a bit - Paed says it's very common in breastfed babies - not to worry about it.

mommy2 - My niece didn't get her eyes to brown until she was almost 18 months old. It takes a long time for pigmentization!

Smiler - Honey now that your supply is established it is ok to give baby a bottle if you are feeling truly drained out. The added stress does not help your supply at all so instead of stressing about her getting enough milk just opt out for a bottle every now and again and it really does help out a bit. Just my advice as a lac in training lol Meme has one bottle with daddy everyday so I can make super etc She is fine and is even on to some cereal everyday now!

Geez sorry Nichole I didn't say hi! It is very hard to get excited in the beginning especially with having an MC so close to another pregnancy which is something ALL of us in here know too well!

Hi Nichole ! Sorry to hear of your loss, but congrats on the pregnancy.

Well, Patricks back to a rotten 'routine'. He won't sleep through any more. he wakes at 4 or 5 exactly (how does he KNOW??) and is really grumpy for a couple of hours. It's really hard, because I sleep like I'm in a coma so I don't wake up well and then I get grumpy.

He liked the cereal ok, so we tried some fruit and veg. He likes it, but he's not good at swallowing. I think it's still that tongue thrust thing. The food goes in and is almost completely pushed back out. It's hard because he wants to eat, I jsut don't think he's completely ready yet.

i just realised, it was a year ago today that I found out I was pregnant after my miscarriage.....such a long time it seems......and now my precious little boy that I couldn't imagine having is snoring away in his swing 3 feet from me..:kiss:

Just wanted to add that I'm insane ...I'm jealous of pregnant people around me ! I want another one ! But when I think about it I don't ! Then I do..... and it goes back and forth:wacko:

HAHAHAHAHA Smudge!!!!!!!!!!!!! I keep thinking the same thing!!!!!!!!!!! That I wouldnt mind being pregnant again right now! But I am very very fond of my daily glass of pinot grigio so then I flip flop. I love my little glass. As soon as Ian gets home he pours me a glass and takes the baby from me and commands me to go upstairs to my sewing room. I like it when he is bossy lol

has any of us ladies had old aunt flow return yet????? I know it sounds weird but before I had meme I never had EWCM and I have had it almost 4 times now....Im kind of wondering what is going on....

Well ladies...it looks as though I shall be leaving BnB...Ive made seemingly small comments on some other peoples posts and have head my head bit off at least twice in 2 weeks. And honestly....who needs that kind of frustration. So if I have you on FB then you can always get ahold of me but if not...well then this may be goodbye!

Well that sucks, V ! I do have you on the FB so we'll keep in touch. Curse of internet forums - people getting all bent out of shape about stuff.

AFM, just got a killer AF, like worst one ever ! Just revolting and painful really, but it's the first official one since Patrick was born so thats to be expected.

Where is everyone ? Has our thread officially died ?

Hi everyone,

no don't say the thread has died!! I like knowing it's here, even if I don't make it on very often. How is everyone? Shall we all put more recent pics of the Cautious Babies on so we can see how they're all doing?

I can't believe how quickly Brianna's growing and developing. She's much bigger than dd1 was at this age. I'm trying to hold out starting weaning her until she's 6 months, but she's looking very interested in food already, so it might be more like 5.

I'm still HUGE and suffering with a bad back and mild spd still, so exercise isn't really happening. I miss my pre-preg bod and clothes :(

Sorry to hear you've been having a hard time on here V. Maybe just take a break for a bit?

Here's my not-so-little cutie-pie :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Attachments

• DSC00397.jpg
    DSC00397.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 3
HI ladies

I got my first AF last thursday when Imogen was exactly 5 months old. I am a bit annoyed as i thought they would stay away abit longer as i am still exclusively breast feeding. It is much heavier than usual (sorry tmi!!) and has lasted for 8 days so far with no signs of going away . I normally only last 5 days. DOes anyone know if this is normal for first AF.

Hope all our little ones are doing well. cannot believe they are all heading towards the 6 month mark already. I am trying to hold out with the weaning til 6 months too, although i have been giving litlle one tiny tastes of banana which she seems to love and she is really inquisitive about food.

SHe weighs 15lb 2 and is no longer my little baby!! I am excited about all thenew things she is doing like rolling over, waving and babling but am sad that my baby is growing up so fast after waiting for her for so long.

Hi strangers. Well dont know if any of you will even see this but just thot I'd pop in to say Hi.

KKB - she is totally gorg.

Eoin is doing totally great now. He is so much easier now and is such a happy little chap. He started solids at 20 weeks and by then was really ready for them. Still breastfeeding so thats holding off the AF so far thankfully. Not looking forward to her return.

V i know your post is old now but sorry that you were getting a hard time.

I will post an updated picture of Eoin soon.

Hope all you girls and babies are doing well.

hi beanbabe

good to hear from you. glad all is well ith you.

Imogen is fab!!!!! she is such a chilled and happy little girl. she has been on solids for about 4 weeks and loves it and i am very proud of myself as 95% of what she has i make myself!! I amstill breastfeeding too which i am also proud of. i have even been asked to go on the peer support training course.

on the negative side, my AF is a nightmare. as i said in my lasst post it came back when imogen was 5 months old and has been awful ever since. first one lasted 14 days and was really heavy and painful. i then had a 3 day gap, another week of af, a 10 day gap and af has been back again for the last 3 days.

i have been to see doc but they havesaid it is nothing to worry about bu thave done a blood test to rule out anemia etc as it is all accompanied woth extreme tiredness and lightheadedness./dizziness.

Cant seem to put a updated photo of imogen as an attachment so am going to change my profile pic.

HOpe the rest of the girls and babies are all well xxxxx

HEY CAUTIOUS CLUB !

I don't know if anyone will see this, I haven't been here for months !

So all our beautiful babies are 9 months+ now, god that went fast. Patrick is beautiful, perfect and delicious every single day. He's got 2 bottom teeth and has just started crawling and kneeling up. I think he'll walk by his birthday. He's still a little boy, according to everyone who sees him. He's probably 10kg now ?

Life is good, busy but good. How are you all ? I'd love to hear from anyone :flower::flower::flower:

Hey Smudge!!! SOOOOOOOOO good to hear from one of the girls.

Imogen is absolutely amazing still. She was 9 months last SUnday. SHe also has two bottom teeth. SHe is rolling everywhere and crawling if she can be bothered!!! HOwever she would much rather be up on her feet so i think she will be walking sooner rather than later too!!!

I still absolutely love being a mum and have now qualified as a breastfeeding peer supporter as i am still breast feeding!!

It would be great to hear form any if the ohter girls on here xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"