CBFM Buddy

Also kind of hoping for another transvaginal, to see how my lining and follicles are doing.

Nice, oh good! What do you think they are going to recommend and what do you want to do this next cycle? What time is your appt?

I have my CD3 b/w and u/s tomorrow at 7:30am! Right before work

That's exciting!

My appointment is at 12:30. Have no idea what he'll recommend; wait and see, meds, iui... Anxious to find out. I think at this point I DO want to move on to something, but I don't know yet what that will be. I also want to talk to him further about dh's SA and morphology, and my spotting and LP.

hey ladies,

jchic i love the message behind that message from your MIL. Im also totally on board with what you said about trying to conceive. The amount of women who said to me "it didn't happen so we gave up trying and then i fell pregnant after x amount of time" far far far out weighs the amount of women who have said "i fell pregnant within two days of trying( or however short time)". I have a few female colleagues ( EVERYONE at work nearly is male) and they all admit it took at least 10 months to fall. And the blokes always say that it took "a while, once the Mrs stopped obsessing". Its very very easy for me to say being in the blessed position i am in now but im convinced that taking the pressure off for Christmas not only helped my husband relax but my body too. I realized i was so focused on ME, my body, when i ovulated ect that i was ignoring the stress it was putting on him.

Diasy - good luck with the RE. let us know how it goes. Im totally convinced your going to get your BFP , everythings well from the tests and your healthy , I totally believe it will happen.....also in the weeks before / after i got my BFP i had ridiculous dreams like that. Im totally convinced.

well ladies we have builders in at home. They have ripped out our stairs and nearly all the doors upstairs. The house in a bomb site and sooo noisy and i still managed to nap this afternoon!!! soooo lazy. Its also predicted to snow here ( i live in the north east of england, only 5 miles from the coast) so i predict the builders wont come and im going to be stuck with the bombsite for a few weeks!!

lots of love to you all

xxx

Happy - how are you feeling? Builders! That sounds like fun! Are you doing some upgrades, etc?

Ok. So here is the deal. Everything looks fine fine fine for the both of us, so it's "unexplained infertility". The RE said that we can keep trying natural cycles, or "take it up a notch.". We are taking it up a notch. I feel like if I was younger, or already had a child, I could afford to be more patient about the process, but given my age and childlessness (no offense to my stepkids!) I really just want to get the ball rolling. So - I'm going for day 3 bloodwork again, then I go on Clomid (50 mg) to mature 2 eggs ideally, then I'm getting an ultrasound on day 10 with a ovidrel trigger shot. Then iui the next day (one iui, he doesn't feel 2 are necessary). We will try this for several cycles, and if it doesn't work, we will then consider IVF.

I asked about my progesterone and LP, and we wasn't worried about it, but said that the Clomid would fix my progesterone if it's low. He will also give me supplemental progesterone during my LP (vaginal suppositories) because he knows it will make me feel better. He also responded positively when I told him I am trying acupuncture.

Wow! Glad you got some help hun...scary that you are going on clomid though, you could end up with 2-3 babies :shock: I am scared of that stuff...if you ovulate why do you need it?? Just to better your odds, if you release multiple eggs??

Daisy! Thats my plan for this month. I go for day 3 b/w and u/s tomorrow then femara, no clomid for me. but with a trigger shot and they prescribe progesterone. Only 1 iui too for this doc. Says 2nd doesnt really do anything!

did he discuss Femara with you? Its lighter than Clomid with less side effects (no cysts, hot flashes, etc)....if you dont like the Clomid then ask about it!

Oh and just WAIT until you O on that stuff....you feel it BIG TIME and you also have a strong period with no spotting so this is good. I am excited for you!

I am going to take a natural break after 2 more IUIs :)

Wow its all go on here :whoopwhoop: Yay for plans!! Goodluck :)

Thanks guys!

Creative, he said that the reason for the Clomid is just to maximize my chances of getting pregnant, by getting ideally 2 eggs released. He said that even with the clomid, it's usually 1-2 eggs, and the chances of twins is only 3%. FX it's not twins!

Jchickie - you and I will be IUI buddies! I totally forgot to ask him about Femara. I will try the Clomid, because that is what he recommended, but I will ask him about Femera if I get bad side effects, or I might just ask him during the ultrasound on day 10. I have to call back there anyway because I forgot what days I'm to take the clomid. I will try this for 3 cycles total I think, and if no BFP, I might take a month or two off before going to IVF. Just to really give it a full year of trying, you know? Also, not sure I will be able to do the IUI cycles back to back, because we have some trips planned, and not sure the dates will work out, but I think they probably will..

Ooh, Creative, I love that new pic? Beautiful!

Thanks - I know, I feel like 3% is a pretty small chance...

Thanks...I was getting sick of seeing me up close an personal :haha: Plus I didn't want me as my avatar! I am creative and I love art so tried to find something fitting. :)

Question...for you girls who use OPKs along with your monitor. how soon before you o do you get a positive OPK??? Like the day before? 2 days before? I am used to seeing progression with the monitor sticks and am having a bit of a withdrawal right now :rofl: My opks have looked the same for 3 days, I hope something is working down there! I should be o-ing in 3 days...shouldn't I see at least a darker line by now??? Maybe I will not be o-ing early this month then? :shrug:

Creative, you can have a look at my charts if you like. Last month when I O'ed on CD 15, my first positive OPK was the evening of CD 13. So I guess I O 2 days after my positive. Some people O the day after, other O the same day... That's why I like the monitor, because I like the advance warning. Are you having EWCM yet? Just keep BDing!

OH Jchic, I asked the RN (not the doctor because of COURSE I forgot to ask him) how long the processed sperm last in the reproductive tract and if they "expire" more quickly, and she said no they don't - it's the same. I will as the doc when I go in for the US next month.

Ok thanks hun I will have a look at your charts. I think I o the day after my first surge so maybe I wont see anything for a few more days then. I am not having EWCM yet, its transitional...stickish but stretchy if that makes any sense?

That makes perfect sense. I usually ovulated on the second peak day - but that would have been three days after the + OPK, because I would get a + the night before my first peak. Does that make sense?

Perfect sense :D

Just looked at last months chart. I got my first day of ewcm on Cd12, which is tomorrow, so we will wait and see! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->