CBFM Buddy

Creative, honestly you use the best emocotions on your posts....I love them hahahaha!

xoxoxoxo and BFPS all around!

You do! Your emoticon selection genius must come with your bnb addict status!

I am confident we will all get our bfps soon.

I am just back from acupuncture. Feeling very relaxed. Wrote about it on my journal. Bleeding is still happening. :-(. Called the doc and spoke to the nurse, and she said if it doesn't stop, come in next week. Both she and the acupuncturist think it's my lining shedding. :-(. Bring on cycle 8, this one looks like it will be a wash.

No No No!!!! Its not your lining :ignore: I can't loose you as my cycle twin! :hissy:

Glad acupuncture went well for you...so it wasn't scary at all with needles sticking all through you? I don't know if I could be still with that. :nope:

AFM - negative OPK again...still no sign of ewcm. Pretty sure o is going to be late this cycle :sad1:

Nah, wasn't scary. I wasn't looking at the needles though, I just looked up at the ceiling, and then she put a scented eye pillow over my eyes. Some of the needles I didn't feel at all, some I really only felt when she put them in (a little stinging sensation, but not bad), but the one in my right foot and left hand made my foot and hand ache. Went away though.

Well, I am going to O late too. Haven't done my CBFM yet today - was up in the middle of the night, was so drowsy at 7, I forgot to POAS, and now I'm just waiting to have to go again. I did do a OPK with the teeny amount of pee I was able to collect and it was negative. I am going to O late too - twins again!

Hello all! I've been creepin' on this thread all morning! It's nice to see so many people using the CBFM. For all those who have been using it for a while, I'm a little discouraged but maybe I'm reading it all wrong. I've literally only had High days since CD6(this is my first cycle using CBFM); I'm not on CD 18. Using charting, I already O'd on CD 13. I've heard that the monitor can miss your peak the first cycle and then will continue to read high through all 20 sticks. My question is if the monitor is supposed to read your sticks to show you fertility level then why is it automatically 'programmed' to read high until your peak. Why doesn't it just drop back to low shortly after the missed peak? Am I missing something? In need of advice and if anyone has had experience like?

Thanks for letting me jump in!

Hi viriniad - welcome! First question, is this a brand new monitor or a borrowed one? If it's borrowed, it could mess up the readings for you. Assuming it's new:

So basically the monitor picked up your "high" or estrogen surge right away (you started at "high" on CD6 right)? Once it picks up your estrogen surge and gives you a HIGH reading, it will continue giving you HIGHs until it picks up your LH surge (your PEAK). If it does not detect your peak (this could happen if you have a short surge), then it will continue giving you highs until you have used 20 sticks, and then it will stop asking for sticks and revert LOW. Does that make sense?

My guess is that the monitor missed your surge. It happens sometimes, if you start your surge after you test, and it ends before you test the following morning. Make sure to use super concentrated FMU whenever possible, and I prefer dipping the stick into a cup, than peeing on it. I'm glad you are also charting so you can confirm O. Even in this case, the highs warn you that your fertile zone is approaching. What I do, because I'm really OCD about this, is I use the monitor along with charting and cheap internet OPKs. Once I start getting highs, I use the OPKs in the afternoon or evening to check to see if I'm surging later in the day. I tend to get a + OPK the night before my first peak on the monitor. I hope that helps!! I've also heard that mixing boxes of sticks isn't a great idea, because each box can vary in how dark the dye is, so that can also mess up readings. GL!

Hi evreryone and welcome virinidad21,

Hope you are all well, How is it all going?

take care and masses of :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Daisy, it's a new monitor and I knew going into this month that it would probably be getting used to me and therefore give wacky results. Maybe it's not a bad idea to use the ic was just hoping I wouldn't need since CBFM is supposed to read. I've been hearing a lot of this using a cup instead of poas--believe I will have to start this although husband says to be sure to mark the cup very clearly-ha!

Dawnlouise-thanks for the welcome this thread has been very useful!

Viriniad, the monitor is really good, but a few months it missed my surge. The month i got my bfp was the month that i used cheap opk's as well, they picked up my surge two days before the monitor did.

Hi all -

I'm not sure if anyone will be able to answer, but the CBFM worked like clockwork for me: 4 - 5 days of high, 2 peak, and 1 more high. Question is, we only BDed on the first high day, then missed the rest of the high days and the first peak (yes, I'm kicking myself). BDed on the second peak and the last high (today). Do I have any chance? I've still got some EWCM (but that might be more due to the robitussin). Any chance??? Thanks - I've been googling like crazy to find out the exact timing of things - I also got a super positive OPK on the second day (the day that we did BD), so I'm hoping that means good things.

:)

HI,

i think everyone is different, but i BD on my seocnd peak only this month and i got my bfp, so fingers crossed xxxx

Hi all -

I'm not sure if anyone will be able to answer, but the CBFM worked like clockwork for me: 4 - 5 days of high, 2 peak, and 1 more high. Question is, we only BDed on the first high day, then missed the rest of the high days and the first peak (yes, I'm kicking myself). BDed on the second peak and the last high (today). Do I have any chance? I've still got some EWCM (but that might be more due to the robitussin). Any chance??? Thanks - I've been googling like crazy to find out the exact timing of things - I also got a super positive OPK on the second day (the day that we did BD), so I'm hoping that means good things.

Daisy, it's a new monitor and I knew going into this month that it would probably be getting used to me and therefore give wacky results. Maybe it's not a bad idea to use the ic was just hoping I wouldn't need since CBFM is supposed to read. I've been hearing a lot of this using a cup instead of poas--believe I will have to start this although husband says to be sure to mark the cup very clearly-ha!

I use a small disposable plastic cup that came with the drugstore brand OPKs I bought a few months ago. I know someone else who uses disposable paper dixie cups. Someone else found an egg cup that they never use! Hope that helps!

Viriniad, the monitor is really good, but a few months it missed my surge. The month i got my bfp was the month that i used cheap opk's as well, they picked up my surge two days before the monitor did.

Interesting DL! Good to know. Glad I am also using the OPKs. I almost feel like the OPKs are more useful than the monitor in peaking up the LH surge, but I like that the monitor gives advance warning by giving highs. Up until this month, I only got 2-5 highs before getting my peak, so it was working perfectly, but this month is all messed up because of my HSG. I had that ONE stick that looked high, but all my others are looking low. Yesterday's seemed promising, but todays not so much. I am having a tiny bit of EWCM, so hopefully I am gearing up to O - better late than never!

Hi all -

You are fine. Most people O on their peak days, either the first peak or the last one. Sperm live usually about 3 days (but up to 5 sometimes) so you may have had some waiting there from BDing on your first high. If you BD'ed on your second peak, you probably made the "deposit" just in time for O, or possibly right after O, but the egg mostly likely was still viable.

In general, the best timing, I've heard is the last high before the peaks, both peaks, and the high after the peaks. I think you still have a great chance. FX for you and welcome to our thread! We've had a bunch of recent grads (happy, Mrs B., DawnLouise, Mrs. Dutch) so we could use some new faces around here :)

I use a small disposable plastic cup that came with the drugstore brand OPKs I bought a few months ago. I know someone else who uses disposable paper dixie cups. Someone else found an egg cup that they never use! Hope that helps!

I used a clean lid off a deodrant can or a hair styling spray lol x

Hi - Im on CD2 today and its my first month of using CBFM. I cannot wait to POAS on CD6!

A little about me:
Me 34 OH 34
Ive been on BC for the past 16 years. Had implant out on 4th Oct 2011. Have had some quite irregular/short cycles so far but the last one was 23 days so im fairly happy with that. I *think* i O'd on CD12 last month so that makes my LP 11 days which i am told is within the "normal" range but im still thinking its short.

Also I believe my last cycle was the first time in 16 years i have actually ovulated off BC - I had the sharp twinge in my ovary thing. Also my period is slightly heavier this month than the ones after having the implant out. Last month i also started taking EPO each day before O and i can say i got much better CM so i am also going to keep going with that this month!

Anyway, Ive decided to invest in the cbfm as i really would like to understand what my bodys doing!!

Is anyone else using CBFM for the first time this month? xx

daisy - i want to see you, creative, Jchic and everyone else on here over in first tri soon, so get drinking that grapefruit juice if your not already doing it. I found OPK's great (this was my first month using them, like you i liked the advance warning of highs on the monitor but the opk seemed more accurate, maybe because i used it in the evening?

lots of :dust: to you xxx

Interesting DL! Good to know. Glad I am also using the OPKs. I almost feel like the OPKs are more useful than the monitor in peaking up the LH surge, but I like that the monitor gives advance warning by giving highs. Up until this month, I only got 2-5 highs before getting my peak, so it was working perfectly, but this month is all messed up because of my HSG. I had that ONE stick that looked high, but all my others are looking low. Yesterday's seemed promising, but todays not so much. I am having a tiny bit of EWCM, so hopefully I am gearing up to O - better late than never!

Thanks for the welcome! This is my first month with the monitor and second month using the OPKs. I am still not totally sold on the monitor, as my OPKs have a clear fade in pattern and so just by looking at them I knew when my "high" days would be. The one thing that I did (do) love about it is that it confirmed that I produced enough estrogen to trigger the LH surge (the estrogen line was bright blue at the start of my high days). This month was tough b/c my husband and I were fighting during the high (and first peak) days so we weren't able to time it perfectly.

I'm also taking B100 Complex b/c I have a short luteal phase. My doctor ordered an HSG last month, but I couldn't get an appointment in time, so if this month isn't my month then that'll be the next step (but I hear the HSG also can mess up your cycle). I'm frustrated that he ordered it because I really don't think I have blockages - I want him to focus on my luteal/progesterone issues - but I also hear that it can increase fertility for a few months after. So thats me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->