CBFM Buddy

Oooh we've got a couple of newbies!! Welcome ladies! :hi: I hope your ttc journey is a short one!

Ladies I got a HUGE glob of ewcm today...twice! I am over joyed and LOVING the GFJ!!!! :wohoo: Still a negative OPK but thinking I am only 3 days away from o so time to get busy!! Thinking I will o on Weds so wait for me Daisy!!!

Isn't it strange how comfortable we've gotten with teetee'ing in cups and checking cervical position? What a different world...

hello all!

and hello newbies! glad your in the cbfm gang!

I used the cbfm for two cycles and got my bfp.I use b50 and a prenatal. i'm now nine Weeks but too superstitious to have a siggy with out on until 12 Weeks.I also used Opk and had very very irregular cycles.we tried for a few months on our own, that didn't work so then I used Opk and that didn't work so then we used a cbfm with the b50 and I got my bfp.

creative brill news on the ewcm. fingers crossed for you.
daisy the acupuncture sounds really interesting, i'm convinced it must be good for you there is so much research out there supporting it.

no real news from me, I have a midwife appointment tomorrow .I went out for a big meal today and ate far far to much.I got chronic and I mean agonising tummy pain when I got in and my stomach geeky so tight.i'm convinced its was pushing against my newly moving womb-for the menorah have a totally backward womb which is getting pulled into the correct position position. anyhow without being totally gross I got almost instant upset stomach and spent about am hour on the loo. this petrified me but no blood and no pain now. my oh told me its because I was a greedy got at dinner and it served me right!!

I have learned my lesson about over eating with a backward womb and little bean.

wow I tell you guys everything!
x x c

Welcome justanice girl! It sounds like your cycle is starting to regulate, which is a good thing. 11 day LP is okay, don't stress too much about it. There are things you can do to try to lengthen it (B6 or B complex vitamin), but 11 days should be adequate. Mine was 11, but after taking B complex, it's now 12.

DawnL, REALLY hope to join you in the first tri soon too. I am mostly eating grapefruit (trying to eat 1/2 to a whole one every day), rather than just drinking the juice, but I think I'm getting plenty in. Some days at work I will drink the juice if I can find it. I think everyone else must be trying to get pregnant too, because lately they are sold out!

Smythdm, I also seem to fight with my hubby right around ovulation every month. Must be hormonal! I'm also a B100 taker. It's worked for me so far, moving up ovulation and making my LP a little longer. This cycle is totally wonky because of the HSG I had last Monday. I think the doctors always order the HSG just to rule out any blockages - it seems to be standard protocol, that said if you don't want it, I'm sure you can opt out??

How long is your LP? Will he order a post O progesterone test? The best would be a serial one where they check it 7 DPO, 9 DPO, and 11 DPO. If it's low or your LP is really short, they can give progesterone suppositories. Also I just learned that clomid can help raise progesterone and lengthen LP. Finally, just want to clarify that on the CBFM stick, the estrogen line is dark when estrogen is low. When it surges, it fades out and becomes paler.

Creative! Yay for EWCM! I hope you (and I) O soon. I had a little EWCM this morning, and a little watery stuff tonight, but nothing major and my OPKs are blaringly negative, barely ANY LH line. Hoping I will O with you soon!

Viriniad - yes - a whole new world!

Happy, sorry you are feeling sick! Hope you feel better soon, and so excited for you and your little bean. Can't believe you are 9 weeks! You are almost there to the 12 week mark. Wow!

Jchickie - what's cooking lady? How is everything with you?

TTCLolly? Anyone else I missed? :hi:

Hi everyone, good morning! How was everyones weekend? Hope you are all thoroughly stuffed from eating too much over Superbowl :)

Welcome to all the new ladies on this thread! More ladies = more BFPS! WOOT!

Not too much to report here. CD6 today (coincides with the calendar this cycle which is convenient, haha) and have a scan on Friday to check when I will be triggered for IUI. Femara is going good, have one more pill tomorrow. Still feeling that cyst on and off on the left side, so hoping it goes away soon or they remove it next month. Whatever works.
Not really stressing too much, just taking it easy and focusing on other things too. Have yoga again tonight, so excited about that!

Creative, Daisy, when do you think you will O? I bet within the next few days! WOOHOO!

Pregopant ladies - how are you all??

xxoo

:rofl: Jchic....I never know what day of the month it is and my DH asked me last month and I said geesh I don't know but I can tell you its cycle day 11 :rofl: So convient to have it in alinement with the calendar!!!! :D

I am not sure 100% yet when it will happen, my guess would be weds. of this week but guess we'll just have to wait and see. My opks are getting slowly darker just patiently waiting for my + opk, and even then I wont know when I'll o for sure as its my 1st month using these :dohh:

Viriniad - it's short for Intrauterine insemination. It's where they take your husband's (or a donor in the case of very poor sperm count) semen and "wash" it, thereby getting rid of all the dead and slow sperm, and remove the semen from the sperm. They then inject the sperm through a catheter, straight into your uterus, up high, near your fallopian tubes. It's the first step usually, with assisted conception (well after meds like clomid and femara of course). I am going for my first IUI next cycle, and this is Jchic's second. And it's going to work!!

Jchickie, so excited that things are progressing for you! Hope that dang cyst goes away. Made a delish lasagna last night - my parents came over and we had the kids. Mom brought over a homemade chocolate cake, and my step daughter made whoopie pies, so it is very heavy on dessert over here right now!

NO sign of O as of yet. I got NOTHING! If I O at all, I think it may even be as late as next week. I think all that bleeding sent me back to square 1! Or rather, CD 1. The only thing good about this, is that at least I am (hopefully) rebuilding all that lining I lost. Bleeding has officially stopped - thank goodness!

Daisy - how fun! Are you all Giants fans? DH is a HUGE Giants fan....like to the point where if they lose a game he becomes so grumpy for days, haha.

No not a Giants fan...I live in Maine so we are HUGE Patriots fans. My husband was soooooo angry last night, it was bad, he didn't even say good night to me :( I hate sports, he is way to involved. I asked him this morning if he was ok, and he said no, it will take some time to get over this. I'm like you've got to be kidding me! It's a GAME!!! He gets so mad when I say that but I just do not understand how he gets. It's like he lost a loved one for pete's sake! :wacko: I am so glad we dtd just after half time while the Pats were still ahead...phew! :haha:

Smythdm, I also seem to fight with my hubby right around ovulation every month. Must be hormonal! I'm also a B100 taker. It's worked for me so far, moving up ovulation and making my LP a little longer. This cycle is totally wonky because of the HSG I had last Monday. I think the doctors always order the HSG just to rule out any blockages - it seems to be standard protocol, that said if you don't want it, I'm sure you can opt out??

How long is your LP? Will he order a post O progesterone test? The best would be a serial one where they check it 7 DPO, 9 DPO, and 11 DPO. If it's low or your LP is really short, they can give progesterone suppositories. Also I just learned that clomid can help raise progesterone and lengthen LP. Finally, just want to clarify that on the CBFM stick, the estrogen line is dark when estrogen is low. When it surges, it fades out and becomes paler.

Hi - Yup, I think I could opt out, but I do want to have the test done and want to know - plus it'll be good to clear out any cobwebs!! He told me to come back to the office one week after I do the HSG, so that'll be right around or a little before ovulation time for me next month (or the end of this month). My LP is 9 days right now, this is my first cycle with 100BComplex, so I'm hoping it'll work. Yup I feel like progestrone and clomid are in my future. Hubs has to get a SA done and he is fighting it. We agreed that we'd do it next cycle, but since we didn't time it perfectly, I have a feeling hes going to want to try once more before getting it done. He does not like doctors.

Interesting info on the estrogen line - could you still see the line when your LH surge happened? My estrogen line was still quite clear. I wish there was an at home test for progestrone!!

Also, Jchic - I've got a chocolate lab who looks a lot like yours! Every time I see your picture it makes me smile. Pups are the BEST!!

Also, Jchic - I've got a chocolate lab who looks a lot like yours! Every time I see your picture it makes me smile. Pups are the BEST!!

YAY for pups! They are the best right?! :happydance:

No not a Giants fan...I live in Maine so we are HUGE Patriots fans. My husband was soooooo angry last night, it was bad, he didn't even say good night to me :( I hate sports, he is way to involved. I asked him this morning if he was ok, and he said no, it will take some time to get over this. I'm like you've got to be kidding me! It's a GAME!!! He gets so mad when I say that but I just do not understand how he gets. It's like he lost a loved one for pete's sake! :wacko: I am so glad we dtd just after half time while the Pats were still ahead...phew! :haha:

HAHA! I LOVE that you DTD during Superbowl :winkwink:
I know, DH is like that too....he is OBSESSED with Football. I am a Jets fan, so we always go head to head!
The commercials were cute, I loved the one with the dog that got the beer for everyone and the VW commercial where the dog lost weight to fit through the doggie door, hahahahaha

HAHA! I LOVE that you DTD during Superbowl :winkwink:

:rofl: Well I had to fit it in and that was the only time that day so...yeah! I told him we could turn the game on in our bedroom and he's like no, it wont be that long....geesh thanks :haha:

I was making dinner through most of the first half so I didn't see many of the commercials but I did see the one with the dog and the beer, it was very cute!!

I posted my OPK in my journal but feeling no love in there today :blush:

The top sticks are from yesterday, the bottom one I took this morning around 10am. Do you think my surge has started?? Should I test in the afternoon today too or just wait until tonight to do another?

Attachments

• IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 3
Creative, LOVE that you DTD during the superbowl AWESOME! Your stick today looks *almost* positive. I bet you it is a definite positive by tonight. You could test this afternoon or tonight - not sure if it really matters - I just think it'll be positive at some point later today. I guess I'd wait until tonight. Latest, I think it will be positive by tomorrow for sure. Yay!!

Jchic, my hubs is a HUGE Giants fan. Also a fan of the Jets, but if he has to choose, he goes Giants. He is also way into baseball (Yanks all the way). He's into other sports as well (basketball and hockey), but it's primarily football and baseball over here! I like watching football and college hoops, but that's about it - so I get REALLY sick of having sports on TV ALL THE TIME. We used to only have one TV, but we'd fight about whether we were going to watch sports or reality TV (I am a SUCKER for bachelor/ette and all the Housewives shows) so we got a second one in the bedroom last year. We still fight about it though because we both want to watch in the living room! The TV in the bedroom is far away from the bed (need a bigger TV I guess) and there's no DVR, which is a problem for me, because I pretty much watch everything from the DVR. Anyway.. really not that interesting!

Creative, LOVE that you DTD during the superbowl AWESOME! Your stick today looks *almost* positive. I bet you it is a definite positive by tonight. You could test this afternoon or tonight - not sure if it really matters - I just think it'll be positive at some point later today. I guess I'd wait until tonight. Latest, I think it will be positive by tomorrow for sure. Yay!!

:happydance: Yay!!! Thanks Daisy Duke!! :winkwink:

Hi - Yup, I think I could opt out, but I do want to have the test done and want to know - plus it'll be good to clear out any cobwebs!! He told me to come back to the office one week after I do the HSG, so that'll be right around or a little before ovulation time for me next month (or the end of this month). My LP is 9 days right now, this is my first cycle with 100BComplex, so I'm hoping it'll work. Yup I feel like progestrone and clomid are in my future. Hubs has to get a SA done and he is fighting it. We agreed that we'd do it next cycle, but since we didn't time it perfectly, I have a feeling hes going to want to try once more before getting it done. He does not like doctors.

Interesting info on the estrogen line - could you still see the line when your LH surge happened? My estrogen line was still quite clear. I wish there was an at home test for progestrone!!

Yeah, LP of nine days is suboptimal. You should know though that a couple ladies have gotten BFPs with short LPs like that - over on the B6 thread. So it's not impossible! Also the B complex can take several months to work, so I've heard, although I had a good result right away. Are you also charting? Sometimes if your post O temps are kind of low, it can be indicative of low progesterone. Are you also having prolactin and thyroid checked and all that?

I think it must be scary for men, getting the SA - but it's so important. There are things that can be done to improve the SA, so he shouldn't feel too scared of a suboptimal result. He can take cooler showers, wear looser undies, not put the laptop on his lap, take special vitamins, etc. Also, if it really is not good, you'd want to know that sooner rather than later, so you don't spin your wheels forever, if it's not going to happen without help. I know you are convinced - and it sounds like your hubs is getting there too.

Yes, I believe I could still see the line when I got my LH surge. I am fuzzy on this since it's been a month, but I believe my estrogen line faded out, then started to come back along with the LH line. So I had 2 lines, not one during my peak. I will double check my old sticks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->