CBFM Buddy

smythdm - :hugs: x

chicky - wow, great temps :thumbup: let's hope that's a nice strong embryo getting comfy in there!

Well CD22 for me and after having 2 days of positive OPK's, I'm hoping my CBFM might show a peak this morning for me. My temp dipped a tiny bit too and I've woken up with some cramping/twinges :D so if I don't get a rise in temp tomorrow (and it continues to go up/stay up) then I'll be disappointed. I'm off home to visit family today so won't see OH until I get back on Wednesday :( so need O to be today really!

smythdm - :hugs: x

chicky - wow, great temps :thumbup: let's hope that's a nice strong embryo getting comfy in there!

Well CD22 for me and after having 2 days of positive OPK's, I'm hoping my CBFM might show a peak this morning for me. My temp dipped a tiny bit too and I've woken up with some cramping/twinges :D so if I don't get a rise in temp tomorrow (and it continues to go up/stay up) then I'll be disappointed. I'm off home to visit family today so won't see OH until I get back on Wednesday :( so need O to be today really!

Oh I dunno about that, don't wanna jinx anything but I'm just delighted I ovulated! :happydance:

Chicky! Chart looks great. I think o was cd18. Fx for you.

Lolly, fx you O today, love!

Smyth, :hugs: We have all been there. Remember the HSG increases fertility for ~3 months, so that's a good thing and something to hold onto. Are there any next steps for you, in terms of getting checked out, or treatment? Xxoo

Afm, 3 dpo. Have had some weird twinges and such, but think it's too early for implantation cramps, so I'm just hanging in and trying not to get my hopes up too much.

Hi Ladies! How was everyones weekend? I am EXHAUSTED today! Had to run last minute to my mother in laws yesterday all day and didnt get home until much later, so I am beat. I even got into work late!
Smyth - hugs honey :( I totally know what you are feeling, but dont worry too much, you are on the right track and will get your bfp soon!
Chicky - your chart looks awesome! Fingers crossed for you!
How is everyone else? Creative? Dukey?

AFM - have not really been tracking much this cycle since next cycle is when we get started with our plan with the RE but I did get a smiley face on the opk this AM so excited about that. I think my surge *may have started yesterday

Yay!!! There is certainly no harm in trying! Maybe you'll be like jaz and get your bfp this month, and won't have to do injectables!

The cm being gone is a good sign, but o pains are not super reliable from what I've read - you can have them a day or so before ovulation to a day or so after - it's mostly from your ovaries being swollen (before and after o), and after O the fluid that leaks out can cause cramping/pressure/o pains.

Daisy where did you find this info?! I LOVE YOU right now!!! :D I have been looking everywhere...relieved to know you can feel o pains even after o!! So feeling very confident now about when I really did o! Thank you hunny!!!!!!!! :hugs:

afm check out my temp spike!!!! woooooo i think somebodys ovulated :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I would say it does look like you o'd hun!! :happydance:

Woohoo for a +opk!!!! See I told you it would be soon!! :winkwink:

smythdm - I'm sorry hun, last cycle was by far the worst for me when AF came...I felt dead inside! I think we can all relate...I pray she will stay away from you though. :hugs:

AFM - 6dpo today...not much symptoms at all really...an occasional twinge in my bbs. But been REALLY tired at night for the last 3-4 days. Way before I normally would go to bed too. I'm trying not to read into it but it is the only NEW sign I've had since ttc...not once in any of my 2ww did I feel tired...praying this is a good sign!

Thanks guys :) Daisy - My husband has to get SA done (does anyone know of studies where the age of the man affects the length of time needed to get pregnant?), then I guess we just wait until May, when my OB said to go to a RE. Thats also when the benefits of the HSG will wear off, so its good timing I guess. I looked on a local message board, and the place that my OB referred me to has awful awful reviews.

So question for everyone: On my very first day of work in August, I went to lunch with a bunch of new co-workers, 2 of whom were pregnant and were discussing with each other at lunch the fact that they went through IVF. Then they went out on maternity leave, and I haven't really talked to either since (they just came back). Would it be inappropriate for me to write one of them an email and ask about her experience and what clinic she went through? I really need some input on places in this area and I don't know ANYONE else who has been through it here. I feel like the fact that she brought it up at my welcome lunch indicates that she is an open person, but I don't want to be offensive in any way.

Never mind on the co-worker question - randomly (the universe is very odd sometimes) this woman IMed me this morning, and we started talking and I asked her about it, and she was great!!

Smyth, I don't think it's inappropriate at all. My experience is that women who have been through this infertility journey are very sympathetic to others going through the same thing. If she already brought it up, the topic is fair game.

As for the reviews - I would just take them with a grain of salt because not everyone is going to have a good experience at any one clinic, and the people who are motivated to write reviews are very often the people who are most displeased. Not as many people write reviews when they are satisfied.

As for the impact of male age, I think it does factor in to some degree but don't get yourself stressed about it just yet. Wait and see how the SA goes. How old is your hubby? Mine is 42, and sperm seems ok so far.

Rhonda, I'll try to find the source where I read about ovulation pain

Smyth, I don't think it's inappropriate at all. My experience is that women who have been through this infertility journey are very sympathetic to others going through the same thing. If she already brought it up, the topic is fair game.

As for the reviews - I would just take them with a grain of salt because not everyone is going to have a good experience at any one clinic, and the people who are motivated to write reviews are very often the people who are most displeased. Not as many people write reviews when they are satisfied.

As for the impact of male age, I think it does factor in to some degree but don't get yourself stressed about it just yet. Wait and see how the SA goes. How old is your hubby? Mine is 42, and sperm seems ok so far.

Rhonda, I'll try to find the source where I read about ovulation pain

Thanks! You're a great resource for the BEST info :) My hubs is 38.

I read the exact same thing about O pains that you posted - though I found some other source that said that some people could like the kind of pain (dull, aching vs. cracking) to different events on the timeline!

Smyth :hugs: here is hoping this is your lucky cycle :dust: & Chicky that sounds very positive!!

Daisy I really hope this is your cycle :dust:

AFM: CD 10 on CBFM (CD11) and awaiting my peak though I have noticed some (but not masses of EWCM!) x

Creative, this is not the article I read, but says something similar:

https://infertility.about.com/od/tryingtoconceive101/f/ovulation_pain.htm

Basically, having Ovulation pain means you are right around ovulation, but having the pain doesn't necessarily mean that is the moment you ovulated. Could be the egg "ripening" and ovary swelling, or could be one of the other things metnioned in the article.

you lot are quiet! how is everyone? now 3dpo and well and truly into the tww! obsessing over charts and wishing the days away, feeling poorly today, hope it doesnt bugger up my chart grrrrr

love chicky x

Grrrr :growlmad: I just lost my entire post!! I don't feel like typing all that again so let me see if I can sum it up....I'm a fat cow :rofl: No but really I can not stop eating!! I eat all day long every day and nothing fills me up!! Normally I have a day or 2 of this in my 2ww...but not every day in my 2ww! Had twinges off and on in my uterus on the left side today...odd. And have not had any cramps yet in my 2ww...I usually get them a lot.

How is everyone else...like Chicky said, you are all too quiet lately!!

Not much to report from my - CD1 today, this cycle (maybe because of the HSG) has included awful awful cramps on top of my disappointment of having AF in the first place. Starting to get back my normal optimism, fresh cycle, try again, attitude.

I talked with a friend today about her struggles (took her 1+ years for both her kids) - and she had a really refreshing attitude - just that there is nothing medically wrong with her, just that, for her, pregnancy takes a little time. While I am WELL aware that this isn't the case for a lot of people who need some extra help, but it was just nice to hear that perspective after feeling so down about how "broken and defective" my body is.

Now just waiting for AF to go away - Daisy how was your cycle after the HSG? Anyone else get one done?

Hi guys! Sorry so quiet, but lots of technical difficulties posting today!

Creative, hope you are eating for two!! :flower:

tinker, EWCM = BD!! Go for it girlie!

chicky - I hear you about obsessing - I am 4 DPO and obsessing over my chart too.

smyth - sorry to hear about your awful AF. I like your friend's perspective. I too sometimes feel defective, but I keep reminding myself that it is NORMAL for it to take some time. I will allow myself to call myself defective if I get to 2 years TTC, until then I'm just a little challenged! I had a weird cycle with the HSG. I had 6 days of bleeding after the HSG (not just spotting but light flow), and my ovulation was delayed until CD 20. Other than that, it was normal. I did have bad cramps, but this is pretty normal for me. They were a little worse than usual though. I also had (TMI alert) very heavy flow for one of the days, with lots of clots - yuck. Keep in mind though that I was also on progesterone last cycle, which probably explains the heavier flow and clots.

What else is new ladies? Lolly - did you O??

Sorry for the quietness on my behalf too. Have not been very pleased BnB has been down for the past 2 nights :growlmad: do they not know that I'm addicted to this place!? :lol:

Creative I can't wait for you to start testing! Your symptoms sound really good so far :)

Daisy your temps look awesome! They just keep getting higher & higher! Have everything crosses that this is your cycle.

I finally got a bit of a rise this morning :yipee: yesterday's was pitiful and I was a little disappointed, but much happier now! Unsure if Monday or yesterday was O day but will just have to wait & see when FF gives me my crosshairs. It's all so exciting!

Hi everyone, I'm new to this board. Have been seeing some weird temps vs CBFM readings this cycle, hoping you gals can help shed some light.

Had a m/c last Aug, and have been using CBFM since Oct '11. Here are my historical readings:

Oct - Peak on CD19 and 20
Nov - Annovulatory
Dec (clomid) - High since CD10, peak on CD16 and 17
Jan (clomid) - High since CD10, peak on CD13 and 14

A CD21 blood test during the Dec clomid cycle showed that my progesterone levels were over the roof at 190+ nmol/l (anything above 30 nmol/l indicates ovulation).

This cycle, my temps have been steadily increasing since CD12 but CBFM is still reading High and I can't see a clear cover line. I have been sleeping well with no drastic changes in room temperature, so I don't think my temps are off.

Could CBFM be confused by my increased hormone levels during the 2 clomid cycles? Could I have ovulated already with just 2 bars?

Welcome anxiously! And I have read somewhere that clomid can mess with cbfm results, some of the other ladies on here might be able to shed some more light for you as I've never been on it but I've definately heard it mentioned!

Lolly- how bloody hard has it been with no bnb! I was furious how dare they cut me off! :winkwink:

Creative- I can't stop eating too! I ate so much yesterday I actually made myself sick lol. I think I do it to keep the staring at my chart at bay! Speaking of which daisy it'd be fine to obsess if I knew what I was actually looking at! Lol x:flower:

Ive been going :wacko: with not being able to post/ read posts the past few nights...thank goodness it seems to be fixed for now

Im holding on til Sat, According to my cbfm, im on cycle day 28, and 11 dpo, but my ticker seems to think im on 29 (and that AF should be showing up tommorrow?) im going to try to wait til Sat to test, when i would be 14 dpo officially, which is normally my LP between O and AF (okay okay, maybe a day or two sooner...i have a *addiction* okay? LOL :haha:)

The only things ive noticed are being gassy and my tender boobs, but the boobs are normal, so we will see what happens.....

FX'd for everyone still waiting on their BFP, and smythdm, sorry AF got you...that sucks :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->