CBFM Buddy

Hi Ladies,

welcome to all the new faces, hope you are all doing well.

All is great with me and the pregnancy so far.... i even felt brave enough to sell my cbfm so someone else can benefit from it. Been to the dr's again today to repeat a urine sample (third in 3 weeks) as it seems i show some sign of infection but not high enough for treatment.... guess they think i have nothing beter to do with my time than keep going down and repeating samples..... still best be save than sorry. Also had a blood test as thought i had been in contact with measles but it turns out it was not measles (thankfully)

Hope everyone is well

Dawn

I'll send you dozens (hundreds even) of OPKs and HPTs if you hook me up with some IUI and IVF help (if I end up needing it). So interesting how prices vary so significantly around the world :)

Lol! How much does an IUI/IVF cost where you are?

I actually have NO idea - but I know its a lot, especially as most insurance does not cover, unless you are in a mandated coverage state. Maybe someone else who knows can help me out (though I'm scared to see the number). All I know is that we are holding off on replacing my husbands ooollldd car, buying a new mattress, replacing couches, and any vacations until we know whether or not we'll need to go down that road...

Also - who wants to give me the basics of temping? I think I might try it this month. I have a BBT (a digital one) - do I have to do it at exactly the same time? Can I really not talk or move around at all? isn't it affected by the weather/temperature in the room? I'm always really warm at night and when I wake up - will this even be accurate?

I guess I need to go back and read the taking control of your fertility book again - I forget when I'm supposed to have shifts and such.

Hi Ladies,

All is great with me and the pregnancy so far.... i even felt brave enough to sell my cbfm so someone else can benefit from it. Been to the dr's again today to repeat a urine sample (third in 3 weeks) as it seems i show some sign of infection but not high enough for treatment.... guess they think i have nothing beter to do with my time than keep going down and repeating samples..... still best be save than sorry. Also had a blood test as thought i had been in contact with measles but it turns out it was not measles (thankfully)

Hope everyone is well

Dawn

Dawn! So happy to hear that you and the little bean are doing great :happydance: Do you have a UTI? I heard those are pretty common during pregnancy!

Smyth - If you have no insurance and are totally out of pocket, then at our clinic IVF costs about 14,500 plus meds which could be about 2-5,000 per cycle. IUI's not sure, I think they are 3,500.
Temping is easy! As soon as you wake up take your temp (should be the same time each day) and note it in fertility friend. If you wake up later or in the middle of the night, the temp might not be accurate.

Was another high day, but line was lighter again :) using opks every pm just in case. No joy yet x

Smyth and Anxiously, the cost varies by clinic and depends on if insurance covers any of it. Some plans will cover the monitoring or the meds, but not the actual IUI or IVF itself. Some cover the whole thing (but there may be copays and/or coinsurance), and others cover NOTHING. The out of pocket cost for IUI where I go is 2000-3000 depending on how much monitoring you do. The meds (and this is with Rx benefits) was about $100. Happily, my insurance covers infertililty up to 10K, so for right now everything is covered. My previous policy had a 10% coinsurance, so I had to pay 10% of everything, but it wasn't bad at all. IVF at my place is 10K, and the meds run another 3-6K. That is if you have no insurance or Rx coverage at all.

Smyth, temping - you should do it at the same time everyday (within 30 minutes of your designated temp time). You should do it IMMEDIATELY upon waking up. You should not move around at all before taking your temp or during. Temperature changes in the room might change your temps slightly, but for me don't have a big impact really. Consistency is key - I pretty much always get up to pee in the middle of the night, but since I'm consistent with that, it doesn't affect my temps. After a month or two of temping, you'll see that your temps are probably pretty consistent. Look at my chart overlay to see an example. What you are looking for when temping is a sustained thermal shift (3 days of higher temps), that's what confirms ovulation (as best you can without progesterone tests and/or ultrasounds).

Hi Jchic,

How are you? I don't feel i have any symptoms of a uti but it seems odd i keep having to have all these urine tests done, have not actually seen the doctor for three weeks ( went back then as was having some spotting which she thought may have been linked to a uti, but it wasn't, yet i still need to have tests). if they ask for another test after this one i will make an appointment as i think i would like them to scan my kidney's if i am still showing white cells (or pus cells as the nurse called them)

Dawn

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is well

Dawn

Dawn! So happy to hear that you and the little bean are doing great :happydance: Do you have a UTI? I heard those are pretty common during pregnancy!

If they are concerned about a UTI (which is what white blood cells in urine might suggest), can't they just give you a course of antibiotics already? Amoxacillin is safe for pregnancy. Not sure though if that's effective for UTIs.

yeah, you would have thought they would have just done that, but they seem to be dragging there heals. i think it can also be a sign of kidney problems and since i always had uti's as a child i don't think that my kidney's will be that brilliant, but then again i am no doctor. i am hoping the new sample i put in today will be clear otherwise i shall make an appointment to discuss with Dr. I think if it was a UTI i would be more uncomfotable, so here's hoping it's not .

If they are concerned about a UTI (which is what white blood cells in urine might suggest), can't they just give you a course of antibiotics already? Amoxacillin is safe for pregnancy. Not sure though if that's effective for UTIs.

Looking at my chart, should I stop feeding my monitor the sticks already? Or should I wait till it goes to low?

Thanks. I'm just worried that the monitor won't be able to tell the diff between my high and low next time.

CD16! (I'm ignoring my cbfm day 15 lol) and still on high and the line that was getting lighter is darker. Does anyone know the max number of highs it can say before it gives up or peaks? Haha. Don't think I'm going to O. :( Really hope monitor missed it but what are the chances? Tho it is first cyclr using it

tinker, i'm planning to use myself as a case study this cycle to see how long more cbfm's going to give me highs before it gives up. will update you!

Tinker, I bet your peak will come soon, hang in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->