CBFM Buddy

Smythdm -

My Hcg have always been crazy high which is why i am high risk for downs syndrome. They are so bloody high it caused problems at the beginning - people in the hospital were getting 50hcg when i was on 2600.

They are below-
4 rd jan -18 dpo (?) - 2600 ish
6th jan - 20 dpo (?)- 6900 ish
9th jan - 23 dpo (?) - 16900 ish

But , i stress THIS IS NOT NORMAL and its the increase that counts. My friend with twins had less hcg than me xxx

I know this probably isn't the place to do it, but I am so sad... :-(. Another one of my friends has announced her pregnancy after her first month of trying... I want to be happy for her, but I can't. I just keep wondering if it will ever be our turn...one of my other friends has just been told she will never have children naturally with her husband as his sperm count is so low... Icsi will be perfect for them, but she is not yet heavy enough... I just worry that we will never be able to have our own family, naturally or otherwise.. :-(

Oh tink it can and will happen! For all of us :hugs: and don't worry about venting here that's what bnb friends are for! :) well I hope so anyway I've done it so many times before reading anyone else's posts and afterwards thought it couldn't have been at a more inappropriate time :dohh: x

Afm. Been to the gp about this funny pain on my left side in ovary area, she seems to think its muscular (pushed down really hard and asked me to sit up) which I couldn't but in part due to the fact she was pushing so hard! I have a feeling it's ovary related so will see what happens in the next couple of weeks I guess, seeing as still no peak, + opk and ewcm lasted all of an hour. I've a feeling it's somehow related :shrug: xx

Tink, :hugs: It will eventually happen. Just have to wait it out, and know when to seek treatment if necessary.

I also appreciate Guiliana and Bill's story - it's comforting to see others struggling with the same issues, although I can't imagine dealing with breast cancer on top of this infertility thing. I guess we are all stronger than we know.

Hi friends -

Wanted to give you an update on my numbers. Its good! I went from 71 to 145 over a little less than 48 hours, so that's exactly what its supposed to be doing. Its a big big relief, though the numbers are low - the most important part is that they are doubling! Now I go in every 48 hours to get monitored, until I reach 2,000, which should be by the end of the week (I checked - I'll throw a big old party). Then I get another ultrasound.

Thank you for the thoughts and kind words. I haven't told anyone about this except for my husband, so it is incredibly appreciated beyond belief.

Smyth! I'm so glad for your good news. I think you really just must have implanted late.

Did they also check progesterone again?

So, so happy and excited for you. Looking forward to your next Beta.

Hi friends -

Wanted to give you an update on my numbers. Its good! I went from 71 to 145 over a little less than 48 hours, so that's exactly what its supposed to be doing. Its a big big relief, though the numbers are low - the most important part is that they are doubling! Now I go in every 48 hours to get monitored, until I reach 2,000, which should be by the end of the week (I checked - I'll throw a big old party). Then I get another ultrasound.

Thank you for the thoughts and kind words. I haven't told anyone about this except for my husband, so it is incredibly appreciated beyond belief.

:thumbup: glad you've had some good news

Thanks - I'm relieved. They didn't check progesterone b/c they wanted my body to get used to it, but I'll get another progesterone check on Friday.

Will definitely keep you posted!!

So glad to hear the good news smythdm :hugs: I am sure your bean is going to be ok...try not to worry, worry will cause problems. Can't wait to see how your u/s goes! :hugs:

Smyth! So happy to hear that. Your little Vegas bean is good :) yayyy!

Mrs B - so nice you are checking in on us ol gals! You are a LEMON! little bean is growing!

Aww that's brilliant news Smythdm- fingers crossed it all continues swimmingly.

Chicky :hugs: definitely keep an eye on it and see..hopefully its unrelated and goes away.

Thanks for listening earlier- much appreciated. We've only been trying since Sept, which isn't all that long.. But people who aren't even trying or only just started seem to beat us to it xx

Happy - Thanks for the welcome you ladies are sooooo nice.

Smythdm - So pleased to hear your numbers are increasing.:happydance:

Chicky - I hope the docs get to the bottom of the pain - do you think its a muscular thing? - If not keep at them did they do an ultrasound?

Daisy - A vacation that sounds just what you need - are you going anywhere good?

Tinker - It's understandable to feel a bit upset when someone else has announced their pregnancy. Everywhere I look I see pregnant ladies and small babies (is it just me?). I also found out one of my friends was pregnant and is due in August this year but no one told me because of what I went through last year - come on girls I'm tougher than I look :juggle:

Daisy fertility treatments will probably be next I am waiting for the comparison blood result to check to see if I have ovulated (when I ovulate this time) but as my cycles are so screwy it's taken them a few attempts to get it on the right date :growlmad: so I seem to be going backwards instead of forwards and as you know I'm no spring chicken so I've been told :nope:

X

Smyth that's fantastic news! :happydance:

And tink I hope so too, it's been going on a while and I have a real issue getting my doctor to agree to helping me find out why I'm not conceiving even after all this time, all she recommended was drug treatment if I'm willing but because of hormone receptive cancers in female family members it isn't recommended , :shrug: Plus good old google! According to that I've got all sorts! Lol x

Tink, I can relate. We've been trying since august, so not THAT long, but it feels like forever (and a day). It does seem like most other people get pregnant by 3-4 month mark. Bah!

Garfie, going to Turks and caicos - can't wait!

If you have irregular cycles, than probably Clomid or injectables with iui might do the trick. :flower:

HELP LADIES!
I had my tests done this morning, HCG (hoping for zero) and progesterone (hoping for high as I have sore boobs so I was hopeful I ovulated.

RESULTS:
HCG=2 (steadily going down which is good)
Progesterone= 12mnol (I got a positive once meaning I did ovulate which was 50, and a negative once which was 4. SO WHAT ON EARTH DOES THIS MEAN?)

Smyth, I almost shouted HOORAY! in my office when I saw your post. I am ecstatic for you!

Please help if you can? I am wanting my cycle to be back to business :)

Love, hopeful

Daisy - That's great news that IVF will be the next step in to your journey, and it isn't far away at all. I still have hope that this will be your cycle though, and IVF won't be needed :hugs: but it's great that this option is there for you and only next month too!

Smythdm - Fantastic news about your levels :hugs: I bet you're so pleased. Can't wait to hear where your levels are at at the end of the week :)

Hopeful - Last cycle my progesterone level was at 28.64 and that had indicated that I had most likely not ovulated. My understanding is though that the UK and US have different measurements, and I'm not sure about Canada? I've just tried looking for my results where I wrote down how it was measured but can not find it anywhere, so unsure if it was mnol, or the other way. Have you spoken to your doctor, and if so, what has he said?

Hi - wish I could help more with the progesterone, mine was 12 on Monday when they measured it (which is low for pregnant folk), do you know how high yours was initially? Maybe its on the way down?

Daisy - I am so so jealous of your trip to Turks and Caicos - I really really want to go!! You're going to have a blast!

Thanks smyth! I'm excited. We are going with the kids, so it's not a romantic trip, plus AF will be visiting (unless I'm pregnant), so yeah... But I'm excited to get away and for sun and sand.

Hopeful, like lolly, I'm not sure about the units in Canada vs the us but if it's the same as the us, it would indicate ovulation, but would be on the low side (possible LPD). If it's the same as uk units, it may suggest no ovulation. That said, it sounds like you don't know when you ovulated, so you may not have been 7dpo at the time of the test. If it was too early or too late, the lower number doesn't mean much.

Also, read this:

https://www.asrm.org/uploadedFiles/...Bulletins/Progesterone_supplementation(1).pdf

Chicky - What is your doctor actually doing? - Are they doing blood tests or are they just monitoring you?

Daisy - Your vacation sounds great I can't wait for our holidays but it's not until July when the children are on summer holidays.

Hopeful - If it helps with my m/c last year I had really sore boobs for such a long time, so much so I thought they had got it wrong and I was still pregnant (wishful thinking). I also kept testing positive on a pregnancy test at least your HCG levels are going in the right direction my HCG levels kept raising then dipping the raising again it was a very emotional time - so be kind to yourself hun give yourself time to grieve.:hugs:

As for the progesterone blood test the labs all use different levels so the best person to ask is your Doctor are you temping at all to see when you have ovulated?

AFM- I read all your posts but by the time I get around to replying I have forgotten what I want to say :dohh: one thing I do want to say is the grapefruit juice is working thanks ladies :thumbup:

X

I have a quick question... possibly a stupid one! I am on my second cycle with the cbfm and as I have not "peaked" it is asking for 20 sticks.....my cycle last month was only 23 days long... so... my question is, if my af i late and I go onto days 24 and 25 and I am pregnant, what reading can I expect? Or will it not pick up on it? Just curious.. I am trying to stop myself testing early as I can't face the disappointment.

Thanks in advance! x

Smythdm - im soooo pleased for you. In the UK ( where i live at least) they dont test progesterone only hcg. i think your going to be fine

tinkerbellsie - sorry im not sure on your question. When i was pregnant my CBFM didnt show it, only a pregnancy test did. is your AF late?

lots of love xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"