CBFM Buddy

Hi all!! Lots of great BFPs in here makes me happy :)

I've been getting highs on my monitor, and negative OPKs but this AM I got a positive OPK (still high on the monitor - no peak, so confused about that...). I was sooooooo happy, it made my Monday morning to see that nice dark line on the OPK. I wonder if my hormones are messed up so the CBFM isn't working? Anyway, just BDing and trying to take it easy. I'm almost (almost) afraid to try again and have another miscarriage happen again. Its really scary to think about, but it also tempers my crazy TTC self around ovulation, so I've decided its a good thing, and we'll just take it as it comes!

felix - I think you wait till tomorrow morning to reset it? Because if you reset it today (now) you'd have to test in a three hour window of now - and I think you're supposed to use the CBFM in the AM.

I don't know about the stick - don't you just push the M button to reset it every cycle??

felix - I think you wait till tomorrow morning to reset it? Because if you reset it today (now) you'd have to test in a three hour window of now - and I think you're supposed to use the CBFM in the AM.

I don't know about the stick - don't you just push the M button to reset it every cycle??

ah yes that makes sense about resetting it in the morning, i will do it then.

it's a used one so i can't reset it using the m button. i have to completely reset it :)

Felix I used a new stick and then recycled it by peeing on it on day 6 hope that helps- and do it in the morning at a time you want to test everyday and set it for day 2 xx

Good luck smyth good to have you back :hugs:

Welcome felix! :happydance: so as other ladies said set tomorrow as cd1 at whatever time you would usually be up to give you your window and definately use the stick. I always keep my first one for after I get my first peak so I can just feed it old ones :) x

thanks ladies! i will reset it in the morning and use that same stick again for day 6 when it requests the first stick.

excited about using it!

good luck to everyone :)

thanks ladies! i will reset it in the morning and use that same stick again for day 6 when it requests the first stick.

excited about using it!

good luck to everyone :)

Fxd you get your peak! I did first go but unfortunately others aren't so lucky with it. Remember if it's first cycle you may not get a peak at all just lows and highs so I'd get temping if you don't already to confirm ov. That'll give you a good idea of what to expect next cycle too. Unless like me your little egg likes to come out whenever it feels like it! X

i will carry on temping. i had a loss and i have had 2 cycles since and they are only now sorting themselves out again (thankfully).

Hey everyone,
I am on CD 22 and according to my app (ha ha ha) I ovulated a week ago. I can't even remember if we dtd anywhere near then but we decided to take this month easy. I have no idea about o as we are not using cbfm right now and i'm not sure how my body is doing in recovery. This cycle should give me some idea. I am excited to try again next cycle and am really hopeful that AF will either come in 8-10 days time... or not at all (by some miracle!)

I love checking up on you all. I agree BFPs! yay! Hopefully soon it'll be my turn :)

Yay hopeful!! Happy to see a post from you :) What an amazing surprise it would be if AF didn't show for you - you definitely deserve it after everything!

Everything crossed and lots of :hugs: and more importantly :dust::dust: for you smyth and hopeful xxx

It's CD 6 for me and I POAS this morning and got a HIGH again! am totally devastated. I feel like i am going to have another ruined cycle or maybe this laparoscopy ruined my entire system altogether. am actually crying need to pull myself together for work. not sure I want to continue with CBFM, it seems pointless how.

Oh Briss :hugs: last months chart shows you ov'd on cd9? I'm on my phone so can't get a clear picture but that's how it looks from here so maybe you will again this month? If that is the case cbfm should give at least 3 high days before peaks. Why don't you try backing it up with opks for the next few days while we watch to see what temps do xxx

Your charts are very similar to mine in the way the temps jump around a bit and also my cbfm always gave hi from day 6 and never peaked!

Ladies thank you so much for your support. You have no idea how much I appreciate it to be able to share my concerns and get some useful advice! I am falling apart (having thoughts like suing the hospital that did laparoscopy).

Chicky, my chart showed ovulation only after I disregarded my temp (the day after lap), I hope I did ovulate even if so early in my cycle but I cant be sure. And I am definitely going to follow your advice and use OPK this cycle to double check: CBFM in the morning and OPK in the evening. but then again if I am going to O on CD9 again it is not right that means I will get another super short cycle, so something did happen during the lap to make my cycles move from 27-28 days to 22 days?

Mrs B you got your BFP with only HIGH readings? you will be my inspiration then! my problem is that I always peaked (before I had laparoscopy, that is) and my HIGHs stared on CD 9 (give or take) and now I do not get anything but HIGHs, this is the second cycle after lap where I did not even get any LOWs. It just seems that something happened, why before lap my CBFM was able to recognise shift in my hormones and give low, high and peak and now it is not able to do that? last cycle I could explain it with having this infection and antibiotics but this cycle I do not have anything like that (apart from occasional nervous breakdown like this morning)

Mrs B you got your BFP with only HIGH readings? you will be my inspiration then! my problem is that I always peaked (before I had laparoscopy, that is) and my HIGHs stared on CD 9 (give or take) and now I do not get anything but HIGHs, this is the second cycle after lap where I did not even get any LOWs. It just seems that something happened, why before lap my CBFM was able to recognise shift in my hormones and give low, high and peak and now it is not able to do that? last cycle I could explain it with having this infection and antibiotics but this cycle I do not have anything like that (apart from occasional nervous breakdown like this morning)

I was put on Clomid, but I didn't get examined thorough like you have. But even with my bfp cycle, still no change on the cbfm... I had given up hope an just tested coz I thought, well why not! Complete shock when a line came up!! I just think that the cbfm is great if it works for you but as I have learnt its not the end of the world if it doesn't either! I was about to start smiley OPKs in my next cycle, so cannot tell you if they worked instead of, but they seem to help a lot of other people, may be worth a shot.

Oh your welcome Briss that's what we are here for :hugs:

So I've been thinking about it and as lap was done in April, I know it's 2 cycles but consider last one was a very short one and technically it's only a month ago. I think that possibly the cbfm is a little confused an doesn't know what to make of your cycle ATM because everything changed in the last one? Does that make sence? So my advice for what it's worth is don't worry. Easier said than done I know but maybe the stress is throwing you off a little too. :shrug: and stick with it. Using the cbfm alongside opks and temping will give you a very gods idea about what's going on this cycle in comparison to last and if everything still isn't right at the end then I'd definately check in with your gp even if it's to do some bloods to check hormone balances etc. :hugs: it'll be ok. Have faith. You were normal before an I'm sure you will be again it's just taking a while to come out of your system :thumbup: xxx

Morning ladies

Just swinging by before I go for some more HCG blood test and take the kids to the dentist (which is always fun NOT!) - I will catch up properly later.

MRS B - You're a Barker too SNAP :haha:

:hugs:

X

Ladies thank you, that's comforting :) I feel much calmer after talking to you. am at work and am sharing my the office with a partner (I work at a law firm) who happen to have one conf call after another all morning today with lots of people coming in and out while I am dealing with numerous issues on my deal which does not go well but cant be bothered with anything but my HIGH... it is surprising how my career stopped to matter after I failed to get pregnant. nothing seems to matter anymore. the important thing is you stopped from crying which would have been disastrous if this happened at work, colleagues would lose any respect for me.

OK so my plan is, get to boots and buy proper OPK; stay calm and keep charting and POAS, if things do not look good over the next 2 weeks get an appointment with FS and ask to check me out again (bloods, scans for ovulation etc), good plan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->